Yes, God loves us. But... is He pleased with us? And.... does it bother us if He is not?

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys. This next scripture hit me especially hard when I read it in the Message Bible. I fully realize it is in no way an exact translation, but in instances such as the one here, the jist of God’s point of view comes crystal clear. See if you agree.

“Tell them this, God’s Message:

Do people fall down and not get up? Or take the wrong road and then just keep going? So why does this people go backward, and just keep on going— backward!

They stubbornly hold on to their illusions, refuse to change direction. I listened carefully but heard not so much as a whisper.

No one expressed one word of regret. Not a single “I’m sorry” did I hear. They just kept at it, blindly and stupidly banging their heads against a brick wall.

Cranes know when it’s time to move south for winter. And robins, warblers, and bluebirds know when it’s time to come back again. But my people? My people know nothing, not the first thing of God and his rule.

How can you say, “We know the score. We’re the proud owners of God’s revelation”? Look where it’s gotten you—stuck in illusion. Your religion experts have taken you for a ride! Your know-it-alls will be unmasked, caught and shown up for what they are. Look at them! They know everything but God ’s Word. Do you call that “knowing”?

Jeremiah 8:4-9 (The Message Bible)

The lies have been planted by the enemy of our souls and we now see them beginning to sprout and take root. The roaring lion whom we think is now toothless, convincing ourselves that we have nothing to fear, is going to pull millions down with him, all because of lies. Clear warnings from the Lord have all been ignored or twisted to become "suggestions" for only the most zealous among us.

Oh, dear saints, it is not too late. You can resist the lies of the enemy and believe the God who has given you everything you need to live a life acceptable to Him, holy and pure. This world and all who love it and the pleasures it offers are about to be measured and weighed and found wanting, but God is shaking things up so that we will come back to our senses.

We are walking like zombies, assuming that movement must mean life, reciting what we have been taught because it makes us feel okay about ourselves. But deep inside, every true sheep innately knows we are missing ‘something’.

We are assured in our churches that all is well, and try to play the part ourselves, but there is a feeling we cannot shake that something is badly amiss. We long to bear real fruit but year after year, we wander in circles just as the Israelites did in the wilderness, the wilderness of unbelief, where we always are moving but never truly progressing.

I beg you, turn before it is too late. God is merciful and takes no pleasure in taking away what has been entrusted to His own, but He will do just that unless we find it in our hearts to tell him we are sorry for our stubborn resistance to give ourselves fully into His hands, nothing held back. He longs to forgive us, and wash us in Hos mercy, and fill us with Hos power. There is a promised land to take. Shall we not rise up in these last days to take it and to discover our true destiny?

The fullness of how powerful God’s grace goes is about to be revealed, grace that will teach each of us how to truly possess our vessels in sanctification and honor. Our eyes will be opened to see the reality of the promises of God, but the only ones who will see it are those who love light and hate the darkness, even if.... no, especially if... it is found inside their own hearts.

Do you truly hate your sin? Does a pang of conviction still go through you when you willfully do things you know are not God's will for you? Have you come to the point that you understand that if you are still walking in the old man, you CANNOT please your Father? You see, our hatred must grow past our badness to encompass ALL of us, our old carnal nature that cannot bow the knee to God in everything.

Praise God, it is not too late! All who turn and look away from themselves to Jesus as their only hope will find themselves healed.... heart healed! He has brand new natures for us, natures that can hear God when we cry out. Natures that can stare down the devil when temptation comes. Natures that cannot only love God with ALL our hearts but also our neighbors as we love ourselves.

But I pray we get this. The warnings of God's word are not a joke. There will come a time when God will stop dealing with our hearts and then the terror comes for all those who knew to yield to God but instead chose self. At that time, it will be sealed and the dividing that occurs in the valley of decision will be complete.

I plead with all here. That time is not yet, but it is soon coming. Rise up and believe your God, no matter what any whispers in your ear, no matter if all around you assure you that all is well. We have up till now been blinded to the truth that it is only by our believing the promises of God that our transformation takes place into fruit-laden children of God.

Listen to your heart and to the Word of God that speaks to it. It is not too late, but time is running out, and then is the time each of us will reap what we have sown, joy unspeakable for some, weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth for others.

I love all here and pray that hearts are opened to hear the warning cry. God has a blessing for us that if our eyes did not see it, we would not believe it. But if we stubbornly persist with business as usual, expecting God to bless our self driven lives, ignoring the call of the Spirit to hate our old nature and long for Him to live through us, as we abide in Him, the deception will only get deeper.

Blessings,

Gideon

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God loves us. But... is He pleased with us? And.... does it bother us if He is not?
Hey Gideon, if God isn't pleased with someone, and they don't care, shouldn't they be worried about whether or not they are truly born again .. cf Matthew 7:22-23?

Thanks!

--David
p.s. - I guess if they don't care, then they wouldn't be bothered/worried either :eek:

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Yes, God loves us. But... is He pleased with us? "

Note from Scripture who God loves, and who He hates,
and
who is blameless* in His Eyes, according to His Word.

*faithful, perfect, holy, righteous, clean, forgiven, "in union with Jesus",
and so on...... all only by His Word, in His Word.

Upvote 0