Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So it's another Shabbat. I know it's the most significant day of the week for MJs. It's also Chanukkah, a significant holiday for Jews and most MJs. But I dont feel excited about either one anymore to be honest. And it makes me feel guilty. :( That's alls I have to say for now.

jehoiakim

Servant
Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
since i kind of have an idea about where you are on a more personal level I really think you need to find some fellowship it is very hard to do this on your own and we really aren't meant to. Even if you can't find a Messianic Fellowship and you have to visit a protestant Christian church instead of a messianic church, or better yet, just a house church, or smaller church where you can have conversations with people. Fellowship, discipleship, accountability and encouragement are really why we need the body and without it I think you are in someways being spiritually starved.

Upvote 0

jehoiakim

Servant
Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
maybe you guys need to think about where you can establish yourselves around a messianic community you want to be with. If I felt I needed a stronger connection to other Messianics I would start looking around Hudson WI, or western MN to be a part of Beth Immanuel because I think they are really really solid. I know your husband is being deployed soon so I assume you have to be near a military base? How much longer is he in the military for? Is it a life long thing or a get out and go through college thing? Where are you guys at? I'd be happy to look through my connections and see if I can help you find a place to plug into, even when it looks sparse sometimes you just need to know where to look.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I didn't mean for it to sound like I didn't care, but it was what came to me, and I shared it to let you know, you are not the only one who has this disconnected feeling every once in a while. Like the poster above said, Go out and find some fellowship in the Lord, even those who know not all that you know, can still love the Lord with all their heart and be a blessing in this time period. I have all the faith in the world that you will come through this strong if not stronger in your relationship with Him, for it is when you find yourself without Him, and realize how much He really means to you, that you seek Him with all your heart... and seek that first love you had with Him, that you become greatly blessed by His Presence again. Please forgive me if I came across as not concerned.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
:wave:
Thanks Jehoiakim and Visionary, I know I need fellowship, I must need it really badly. But everytime DH and I try joining in on a church or a small group or even an MJ synagogue, we're disappointed. Maybe it's us, maybe we're the problem.
Yeah.. I know the feeling.. you are not the only one to be disappointed in others whom you were associated with and looking up to... but then we are all fallen beings :bow: at His mercy. No man can lead you further than they have been themselves. I know when I expect more, and see less it is disheartening. But when I let go and let God deal with it, I find gems, jewels, and beauty in what has already been done in God's hands.:clap: In these things I rejoice.

Upvote 0

jehoiakim

Servant
Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
maybe it is, maybe it is not... why don't we think about that for a few. Can you break down the fellowships you went to and why they didn't fit? Certainly you will never be able to find a perfect one, you will just have to find one you can at least tolerate. Finding the right church is almost as serious a task ad finding the right spouse. Even when you find the right spouse though you have to make concessions and work together.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps some good food will cheer you up? The entire discourse in John 10 revolves around the sheepfold teachings and makes it fairly clear that the supernal meaning of the Solomon Portico-Colonnade is likened to the "sheep pen" of the Master. The lame man from the book of Acts is healed at the Beautiful Gate of the Temple but then ends up in the Solomon Portico holding on to Kefa and John. It really is beautiful and rich in symbolism and in the midst of the John 10 discourse we are told it is the festival of Hanukkah; which is in the Greek called Egkainia-Renewal, which perhaps seems exactly the kind of food you might need right now to lighten things a bit just for fun. :)

John 10:22 KJV
22. And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, [GSN#1456 Egkainia] and it was winter.

Original Strong's Ref. #1456
Romanized Egkainia
Pronounced eng-kah'-ee-nee-ah
neuter plural of a presumed compound from GSN1722 and GSN2537; innovatives, i.e. (specially) renewal (of religious services after the Antiochian interruption):
KJV--dedication.

BESURAS HAGEULAH ACCORDING TO YOCHANAN 10:22-29 - OJB
22. Then the Chag (Festival) of Channukah took place in Yerushalayim. It was winter.
23. And Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach was walking around in the Beis Hamikdash in the area called Ulam Shlomo (Solomon's Colonnade).
24. Then those of Yehudah encircled Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach and were saying to him, How much longer are you going to hold our neshamot in suspense? If you are the Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach, tell us openly.
25. In reply, Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach said, I did tell you and you do not have emunah. The pe'ulot which I do b'Shem Avi, these pe'ulot give solemn edut (testimony, see Yn 8:18) about me.
26. But you do not have emunah (faith), because you do not belong to my Tzon.
27. My Tzon hear my voice, and I have da'as of them, and they follow me.
28. And I give to them Chayyei Olam, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. [YESHAYAH 66:22]
29. That which HaAv of me has given me is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch out of the hand of HaAv.

GEVUROT MEYRUACH HAKODESH 3:1-11 - OJB
1. Now Kefa and Yochanan were going up to the Beis Hamikdash at the hour of tefillah, the ninth hour (three o'clock in the afternoon). [TEHILLIM 55:17]
2. And a certain ish, an ish (pisei'ach from the womb of his em), was being carried and they were putting him bederech klal (usually) yom yom at the sha'ar of the Beis Hamikdash, the one being called the Sha'ar Hatiferet, in order to beg for tzedakah from the ones entering into the Beis Hamikdash.
3. When the ish pisei'ach (lame man) saw Kefa and Yochanan being about to enter into the Beis Hamikdash, he began begging them for tzedakah.
4. But Kefa, as did Yochanan, gazed at him, saying, "Look at us!"
5. And the ish pisei'ach was paying heed to them, expecting to receive something from them.
6. And Kefa said, "Silver and gold have I none, but such as I have I give to you. In ha-Shem of the Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach Yehoshua of Natzeret, get up and walk!"
7. And having grasped him by the yad yamin, Kefa lifted him up, and immediately the man's feet and ankles were strengthened.
8. And leaping up, he stood and was walking around, and he entered with them into the Beis Hamikdash, walking and leaping and shouting "Baruch Hashem!" [YESHAYAH 35:6]
9. And all the people saw him walking and shouting, "Baruch Hashem!"
10. And they recognized him, that he was the one sitting at the Sha'ar Hatiferet (Beautiful Gate) of the Beis Hamikdash begging for tzedakah; and they were mishpoyel (standing in awe) and amazement at what had happened to him.
11. Now while Kefa and Yochanan were being held by him, all the people ran together to them at the Portico which is called Ulam Sh'lomo, and the people were utterly astonished.

GEVUROT MEYRUACH HAKODESH 5:12-13 - OJB
12. Now by the hands of the Moshiach's Shlichim were being effected many otot and moftim among the people and with a sense of achdus they were all in the Ulam Sh'lomo.
13. But none of the rest was daring to be mishtatef in a chavura (becoming involved, joining a fellowship) with them; however, the Am Yisroel held the Messianic Jews in high esteem.

emoticon-hanukkah.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Doctrine isnt exciting to me. When we go to Christian churches/small groups, its always the same thing, so very predictable. Even the small groups are just reflections of what happens on Sunday. There's no variation or allowance for something new or different, including theology. And as far as MJ congregations? The only one in our area wasnt any different than mainstream denominations in that they had to have everything in a certain order and argued about the order of the service because the main minister (rabbi) wasnt present.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Yet, you could be called to plant mustard seeds. I know you are hungry, and are looking for food from those who have little to share. But just like manna, you must go out into His field and gather daily your manna from Heaven. This omer's worth will be just the right portion to feed your soul.

Upvote 0

MennoII

Aug 29, 2012
✟7,790.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Being a Gentile Christian I hestitate to answer this, but I do have a great love for Israel and the MJ. Especially since Christ/Messiah by shedding His blood has brought me nigh/near, by becoming our peace/shalom and breaking down the middle wall of partition/m'chitzah between us or which divided us. Ephesians 2:13-15.

Although I have honored the Jewish Shabbat for over 3 years, and try to keep the feasts. I see that in Yeshua all thee feasts and the Shabbat have been fulfilled. But to honor the Shabbat before God in your heart and mind is one own choose if you chose to do this it should be done, but not forced upon others. 5) One person consider some days more holy than others, while someone else regards them as being all alike. What is important is for each to be fully convinced in his own mind. 6) He who observes a day as special does so to honor the Lord. Also he who eats anything eats to honor the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; likewise the abstainer abstains to honor the Lord, and he gives thanks to God. Romans 14:5-6.

But with the B'rit Hadashah, I think that the Christian and Messianic Jews are given a even better Shabbat than the Jewish or Christian Sabbath.
28) Come to Me, all of you who are struggling and burdened, and I will give you REST. 29) Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, because I Am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find REST for your souls. 30) For My yoke is easy, and My Burden is light.
Mattityahu 11:28-30 Remember that in the following 8 verses, Yeshua calls Himself the Lord of Shabbat (see Mattiyahu 12:1-8).

But I believe the writer of Hebrews/Messianic Jews stated it best.
9) So there remains a Shabbat-keeping for God's people. 10) For the one who has entered into God's REST has also RESTED from his own works, as God did from His.
Messianic Jews 4:9-10
It is not a day, but in Yeshua finished work that we all can rest in, for we have entered into G-d's REST, by resting from our own works, as G-d did on the 7th day from His (B'resheet 2:3)

Just my opinion,

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Although I have honored the Jewish Shabbat for over 3 years, and try to keep the feasts. I see that in Yeshua all thee feasts and the Shabbat have been fulfilled. But to honor the Shabbat before God in your heart and mind is one own choose if you chose to do this it should be done, but not forced upon others. 5) One person consider some days more holy than others, while someone else regards them as being all alike. What is important is for each to be fully convinced in his own mind. 6) He who observes a day as special does so to honor the Lord. Also he who eats anything eats to honor the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; likewise the abstainer abstains to honor the Lord, and he gives thanks to God. Romans 14:5-6.

But with the B'rit Hadashah, I think that the Christian and Messianic Jews are given a even better Shabbat than the Jewish or Christian Sabbath.
28) Come to Me, all of you who are struggling and burdened, and I will give you REST. 29) Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, because I Am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find REST for your souls. 30) For My yoke is easy, and My Burden is light.
Mattityahu 11:28-30 Remember that in the following 8 verses, Yeshua calls Himself the Lord of Shabbat (see Mattiyahu 12:1-8).

But I believe the writer of Hebrews/Messianic Jews stated it best.
9) So there remains a Shabbat-keeping for God's people. 10) For the one who has entered into God's REST has also RESTED from his own works, as God did from His.
Messianic Jews 4:9-10
It is not a day, but in Yeshua finished work that we all can rest in, for we have entered into G-d's REST, by resting from our own works, as G-d did on the 7th day from His (B'resheet 2:3)

Just my opinion,

Where to start with all the misconceptions in this short post? There is no Jewish Sabbath, it is YHWH's (God's) Sabbath, and it was instituted long before there were Jews.

Romans 14 has nothing to do with feasts and Sabbaths instituted by YHWH. Those are mandatory. It has to do with those who hold other days sacred, such as Sunday, or every day.

The eating has to do with meat prepared by gentiles. An orthodox Jew can only eat vegetables made by a gentile because of their traditions regarding possible paganism.

If you are still breathing, you have not entered YHWH's rest yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I dont wanna debate, see I cant even talk to MJs before they all get into a huff about something. :-/

I'm sorry you are feeling this way, know that you are not the only one. Remember Elijah when he was standing up against the false gods and how alone he felt in the cave.

Take comfort to know that you are not alone, even when you feel it in your own family. You have another family that is going through the same things, but be comforted, there is one that will never leave you.

:hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
W

WOFFED

Doctrine isnt exciting to me. When we go to Christian churches/small groups, its always the same thing, so very predictable. Even the small groups are just reflections of what happens on Sunday. There's no variation or allowance for something new or different, including theology. And as far as MJ congregations? The only one in our area wasnt any different than mainstream denominations in that they had to have everything in a certain order and argued about the order of the service because the main minister (rabbi) wasnt present.
Born-again, Spirit-filled, Torah Observant - believer in Messiah Y'shua (Jesus)!

Was wondering if anyone here was ever going to spell Yeshua (Y'shua) like Seed of Abraham's preferred spelling (meets at Calvary Worship Center).

Going through a similar drought. I realize how eminent is Daniel's 70th week (7 years), the fiscal cliff, America's moral decay and the not too bright future for my children and grandchildren. It does seem as if many have their proverbial feet stuck in the muck and trying to make do the best ... considering everything around us. We know that these end times are going to separate the true Believers from the not-so-true Christians.

When it gets down to it where the rubber meets the road we(born again) have no one (speaking for myself) to blame but ourselves. Part of the problem is that Americans have been living in a kind of fool's paradise: Plastic money, Watching too much TV and Not focusing our heart, mind, soul(eyes) and strength on Y'shua like we know all so well is the answer to our heartfelt cry .

Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont wanna debate, see I cant even talk to MJs before they all get into a huff about something. :-/

That's the way it goes.

Do you live near your family or are you far from both your husband's and your family?

Upvote 0