Ye Olde Republican Safe House

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
Okay, but I think it is a little sad that somehow these specific evil events had to be preordained and foretold in the Bible. And it sounds almost defeatist.
Actually I am tickled to know God is sovereign over this world even in its most evil.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually I am tickled to know God is sovereign over this world even in its most evil.
It makes me nervous and anxious of what is to come. And I didn't get to do the goals on this earth that I wanted to do. Kind of like double-whammy.

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
It makes me nervous and anxious of what is to come. And I didn't get to do the goals on this earth that I wanted to do. Kind of like double-whammy.
Awwww.. but it will prepare you to see the things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't like that we have to wait for this world to be raptured or die away (it's been with thousands of years of human history and I am part of the generation that is seeing the end of it right now) to see a turn-around and return to peace. I know I'm supposed to be excited for Jesus returning according to other people, but I still find it depressing and I most likely will stay depressed about it.

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
I don't like that we have to wait for this world to be raptured or die away (it's been with thousands of years of human history and I am part of the generation that is seeing the end of it right now) to see a turn-around and return to peace. I know I'm supposed to be excited for Jesus returning according to other people, but I still find it depressing and I most likely will stay depressed about it.
You just have to meet Yeshua in an Mount Sinai experience, in person, like Paul on the way to Damascus, and know Him like Isaiah who cried out in His Presence, "woe is me for I am unclean"... Put your finger on Rev 3:10 and ask the Lord how can you have the "one on one" encounter with Him, and He will prep you to be able to handle being in His Presence, then He will come. It is an amazing experience and it will changed you forever. You will find yourself not depressed, but overwhemed with joy, having a "peace that passes all understanding" and His Word opens up to you in a way you can not imagine now. I look forward to the day of His return.

Understand this, you will have to give up all your favorite secret little sins.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lot of people thinking we can win the House in November. I'll believe it when I see it, & am more concerned about the governorship races in AZ, MI, GA, & WI. Those will give us a better idea how the country's thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: VCR-2000
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know the concern amongst conservatives is the minority vote, but I get more concerned about the women vote. We've done just fine w/out the minority vote, but if we lose women (in addition to all the other voting blocks we've lost) we're toast. & as a millennial, I can tell you there's a LOT of progressive millennial women out there & they are very passionate.

Reactions: Arctangent
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Poor choice of words. Courtesy of Facebook.
women-rights-guns.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: Arctangent
Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
I know the concern amongst conservatives is the minority vote, but I get more concerned about the women vote. We've done just fine w/out the minority vote, but if we lose women (in addition to all the other voting blocks we've lost) we're toast. & as a millennial, I can tell you there's a LOT of progressive millennial women out there & they are very passionate.
When we women get transgender off our rights to compete against other women, it would sure go along way. Transgender need a category of their own. We need to fight this women's rights.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It finally happened. I have wanted Rove v. Wade overturned for so many years, as soon as I learned what abortion was. And now, the states and the federal government can finally make legislation to partially ban it. So much polarization over the years has happened with this at the center. Now, this phase in the struggle is finally over and the breakthrough has finally happened.

This is far from over. There will be passionate battles in the state legislatures over how far banning abortion should go. It is critical for the pro-lifers to be diligent towards protecting pregnant women in any of the new legislation that is going to be passed. Better to ban some abortions rather than let all of them continue to be legal because the legislation is too radical to pass, or to cause more deaths among pregnant women. It's not the heart of the pro-life movement to do that, but law is a tricky thing, and laws have unintended consequences. Sloppy laws have more of them than well-crafted ones.

Reactions: VCR-2000
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It was frustrating watching Biden & Co. sign the Inflation Reduction Act into law. Not only will it do nothing to help lower inflation, but by signing it, Biden also breaks another campaign promise to never raise taxes on people making less than $400,000 a year. They are just so giddy that this bill is some kind of major accomplishment. "Yay we finally got something done!"

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It was frustrating watching Biden & Co. sign the Inflation Reduction Act into law. Not only will it do nothing to help lower inflation, but by signing it, Biden also breaks another campaign promise to never raise taxes on people making less than $400,000 a year. They are just so giddy that this bill is some kind of major accomplishment. "Yay we finally got something done!"
Everything they “get done” is detrimental to this country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Interceding today for the remaining statewide primaries in the U.S. I am praying the Lord will move on and direct His people concerning who to vote for. Thanking God for stirring up His people to get them out to vote.

Remaining state primaries:
Statewide primary elections calendar

Florida Florida statewide primary Florida statewide primary August 23, 2022
New York New York statewide congressional and state Senate primary New York statewide congressional and state Senate primary August 23, 2022
Guam Guam territory primary election Guam territory primary election August 27, 2022
Michigan Michigan Republican Party state nominating convention Michigan Republican Party state nominating convention August 27, 2022
Massachusetts Massachusetts statewide primary Massachusetts statewide primary September 6, 2022
Delaware Delaware statewide primary Delaware statewide primary September 13, 2022
New Hampshire New Hampshire statewide primary New Hampshire statewide primary September 13, 2022
Rhode Island Rhode Island statewide primary Rhode Island statewide primary September 13, 2022
Louisiana Louisiana statewide primary election Louisiana statewide primary election November 8, 2022

> The Ministry of Prayer Is Foundational To, And Precedes, All Other Successful Christian Ministries.
> God has chosen to largely work through the prayers of the Saints (Matthew 9:38; 1 Timothy 2:1-2; Jeremiah 29:7).
>"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none" (Ezekiel 22:30).
>"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16).

• Friendly
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Everything they “get done” is detrimental to this country.
"Only by assuming our responsibilities under Christ to exercise dominion in every sphere can we have godly order and freedom. A responsibility surrendered is a slavery assumed" - R. J. Rushdoony

Agreed. Dominion authority.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0