Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am hoping in the future Republicans are able to make up losses in traditionally Red states that are trending Blue (GA, AZ) by holding onto FL, OH, & IA consistently while making grounds in the Midwest WI, MI, & PA.
I think the electoral politics is over with at this point, we might be better off trying to retake the culture, but then...how?

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And at least the evil has institutional and artistic/cultural company. Maybe I sound prideful, but I long to live in a kind of society where company like artists/actors/entertainers/other important kind of people had views that I could at least partially identify with.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And at least the evil has institutional and artistic/cultural company. Maybe I sound prideful, but I long to live in a kind of society where company like artists/actors/entertainers/other important kind of people had views that I could at least partially identify with.
They control more than the entertainment industry.

I think the electoral politics is over with at this point, we might be better off trying to retake the culture, but then...how?
I'm not sure anyone knows.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ugh, I was born in 1991, and I dread being in what is supposed to be my prime right now and watching the world around me burn and it isn't going to get better in my lifetime at least. I feel like I'm just living on borrowed time.

Why did God allow Satan's legions down here to have their way for too long? That is one of the things that bother me most. And God's own created world is going to burn and be destroyed and the bad guys still got away with it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Ugh, I was born in 1991, and I dread being in what is supposed to be my prime right now and watching the world around me burn and it isn't going to get better in my lifetime at least. I feel like I'm just living on borrowed time.

Why did God allow Satan's legions down here to have their way for too long? That is one of the things that bother me most. And God's own created world is going to burn and be destroyed and the bad guys still got away with it.
He presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.”
— Matthew 13:31-32

That’s how this plays out. Don’t lose heart. He’s in control.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.”
— Matthew 13:31-32

That’s how this plays out. Don’t lose heart. He’s in control.
To me, it sounds like he suddenly changes the rules of the "game" as soon as that happens so it's kind of hard to compare meaning. And God allowed his system to be manipulated and rigged to favor the most wealthy, powerful people in important status positions belonging to the dark one. I still don't see or know why that had to be necessary in the first place.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
To me, it sounds like he suddenly changes the rules of the "game" as soon as that happens so it's kind of hard to compare meaning. And God allowed his system to be manipulated and rigged to favor the most wealthy, powerful people in important status positions belonging to the dark one. I still don't see or know why that had to be necessary in the first place.
Well, the disciples didn’t understand why Christ had to be crucified. And that worked out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Why is God still letting them get away with this when it was at least 50 years already? Why can't the mainstream get to be conservatives or (at least nominally) Christians again?
His kingdom will continue to grow.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,458.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What kind of Bible you readiing from? You seriously sound like the Israelites who brought up an evil report after spying out the land. (Numbers 13:32). Read the curse pronounced and brought against such individuals.

Your unfounded and ungodly pessimism is part of the reason for moral decline in recent decades. Stop imposing such limitation on the Almighty.

Have you already forgotten the accross-the-board conservatve victories in the 2016 eleciton cycle?

We've won some elections and I expect to win back the Senate if not the house in the next election. Unless of course the Dems succeed in making DC a state.

But just cause we win doesn't really mean anything. As we have seen time and time again the Republicans are spineless and too much in the side of big government. All they ever do is slowdown the change, they never stop or even better yet reverse it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,458.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What you are witnessing if the spiritual decline in the social acceptable church circles. The more LGBTQ at the pulpt the more the spiritual standards will degrade.

God said it would would happen. We shouldn't be surprised at that. The church has definitely been part of some big problems in history. The last one was slavery and Jim Crow. Supported by the some of the church. The church has always had it's problems.

But we've seen a greater departure from righteous living over the years and an out and out acceptance of sin within the church. And now we have a very large sector of believers who believe there are other ways to God and heaven besides Jesus Christ. God said it would happen and it is. I'm just sad to see it in our time.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,458.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Aye, I've seen it. I've had (ex) friends who said stuff like if you're not flying a pride flag, you're openly oppressing them. That's the attitude people are having. If you don't have their beliefs & are openly showing it, you're no better (& deserve no better) than a KKK or Nazi. That's a scary thing. They're trying to make this the 'Civil Rights Era 2.0' where anyone who thinks different than them is to be demonized. You don't even have to be opposing it, you can just be indifferent. Notice how the past year or so they've really been repeating 'inaction is no action' or 'if you're not doing anything for it, than you're against it'?

Yes, wokism and being anti-racist are two keys to this.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,458.00
Faith
Pentecostal
They control more than the entertainment industry.

I'm not sure anyone knows.

Culture is shaped by people's beliefs. And people's beliefs are shaped by their spiritual condition. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual powers in high places. Satan is the king of this world and the human heart. And he is doing everything in his power to win. Make no mistake in the end Christ wins and so do we. But his kingdom is not of this world.

Now that doesn't mean we don't fight. We won't lay down and just give up. For we know that the gospel must go forth regardless, and as we have seen the freedom we have in the US has been one of the greatest factors in spreading the gospel across the globe. As the church and society diminishes and moves away, the influence of the church is diminished. But the gospel moves on and in persecution the church grows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,458.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why is God still letting them get away with this when it was at least 50 years already? Why can't the mainstream get to be conservatives or (at least nominally) Christians again?

Why don't you pursue a career in that? Get your other fellow conservatives to do the same. Begin a trend. That's the only way to make a change, which is for conservatives to start pursuing those careers.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Why don't you pursue a career in that? Get your other fellow conservatives to do the same. Begin a trend. That's the only way to make a change, which is for conservatives to start pursuing those careers.
You might be amazed at just how many are in all walks of life.

• Agree
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What about the cautions that are in the video comments? Bate-taking or not, they are still going to do what they do and just manufacture the "bate-takers" and film it anyway. I'm not a pacifist purist either, we are going to have to respond sometimes. Even Christ himself died being crucified to a cross without getting any return. Just thinking about praying can be done all you want, but just thinking and having faith isn't going to change anything for the better on a societal level, nor has that ever. It has not stopped the countless Christians from being persecuted in the Soviet Union.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
What about the cautions that are in the video comments? Bate-taking or not, they are still going to do what they do and just manufacture the "bate-takers" and film it anyway. I'm not a pacifist purist either, we are going to have to respond sometimes. Even Christ himself died being crucified to a cross without getting any return. Just thinking about praying can be done all you want, but just thinking and having faith isn't going to change anything for the better on a societal level, nor has that ever. It has not stopped the countless Christians from being persecuted in the Soviet Union.
I think we need to back up and figure out why God informed us of what is coming to pass. No where in scripture is there a political movement mentioned to rectify the woe by gones at society level. What prophecy does do is inform us of what is going to come to pass, so that we may be prepared for it. Prayers give us direction if we but listen to Him.

Upvote 0