Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It looks like after all those decades fighting for this country, our side has still lost and the current power elite will continue gaining the upper hand until they eventually succeed in making our lives a perpetual Hell-on-earth. And there is nothing that would stop it and allow us to return to relative glory days.

I don't even know how I can pray for our countries anymore. All prayer is just God's will and not ours. We can't have an effect on any outcomes.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
It looks like after all those decades fighting for this country, our side has still lost and the current power elite will continue gaining the upper hand until they eventually succeed in making our lives a perpetual Hell-on-earth. And there is nothing that would stop it and allow us to return to relative glory days.

I don't even know how I can pray for our countries anymore. All prayer is just God's will and not ours. We can't have an effect on any outcomes.
What kind of Bible you readiing from? You seriously sound like the Israelites who brought up an evil report after spying out the land. (Numbers 13:32). Read the curse pronounced and brought against such individuals.

Your unfounded and ungodly pessimism is part of the reason for moral decline in recent decades. Stop imposing such limitation on the Almighty.

Have you already forgotten the accross-the-board conservatve victories in the 2016 eleciton cycle?

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As for "spying out the land" I don't understand how you compare what I said to that. By "the elite" I'm just talking about the fate that a lot of Christians talk about, and seems to be continuing on perfectly, the "New World Order" and all that, they will make us suffer and they will mass kill us so they can live and we can't turn the tables on them too.

By the way, I'm more libertarian but I have a lot of conservative views too.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As for "spying out the land" I don't understand how you compare what I said to that. By "the elite" I'm just talking about the fate that a lot of Christians talk about, and seems to be continuing on perfectly, the "New World Order" and all that, they will make us suffer and they will mass kill us so they can live and we can't turn the tables on them too.

By the way, I'm more libertarian but I have a lot of conservative views too.
I'm not sure that'll be any time soon. Seems like the Powers That Be's main goal is not to wipe out Christianity, but to pervert traditional Christian teachings as much as they can. Many churches are embracing LGBTQIA+, teaching Jesus was just a good teacher, all religions are true, etc. This way they can say 'see, we're not trying to stamp out Christianity! You guys aren't being persecuted!' A lot of people think that'll only grow traditional churches, but I think it'll only wipe out more & more of them. In time, the mainstream churches will die off as people realize there's no difference between them & secularism, but I don't think that'll be a long time.

Also, it seems strange to me you seem to value traditionialism.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AACJ said:
What kind of Bible you readiing from? You seriously sound like the Israelites who brought up an evil report after spying out the land. (Numbers 13:32). Read the curse pronounced and brought against such individuals.

Your unfounded and ungodly pessimism is part of the reason for moral decline in recent decades. Stop imposing such limitation on the Almighty.

Pessimism is not always ungodly, and generally any pessimism does not bring on curses, the case of the consequences on the spies shown in Numbers is unique as an example of undermining the expressed command from God to the people of Israel to go to the land for them, with promises from God for that.

The world will worsen, we know of that, but it is not all from politics. I myself am a conditional optimist. There is no basis for unconditional optimism. But what optimism for any betterment there might be is depending on what we ourselves, generally, do for that. If we are doing good for that, God will be of help in it. If we are not, we are accountable to God, and there are consequences coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I'm not sure that'll be any time soon. Seems like the Powers That Be's main goal is not to wipe out Christianity, but to pervert traditional Christian teachings as much as they can. Many churches are embracing LGBTQIA+, teaching Jesus was just a good teacher, all religions are true, etc. This way they can say 'see, we're not trying to stamp out Christianity! You guys aren't being persecuted!' A lot of people think that'll only grow traditional churches, but I think it'll only wipe out more & more of them. In time, the mainstream churches will die off as people realize there's no difference between them & secularism, but I don't think that'll be a long time.

Also, it seems strange to me you seem to value traditionialism.
What you are witnessing if the spiritual decline in the social acceptable church circles. The more LGBTQ at the pulpt the more the spiritual standards will degrade.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Being a conservative Christian Republican millennial is tough, not gonna lie.

I would have not preferred to be born as a (later millennial).

I wish reincarnation were true.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would have not preferred to be born as a (later millennial).

A significant number of millenials are flat earthers. There is a greater mistrust of authority associated with that, including mistrust of authority in science, it seems to be a trend.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A significant number of millenials are flat earthers. There is a greater mistrust of authority associated with that, including mistrust of authority in science, it seems to be a trend.
And not going to lie, I prefer Revelation and prophecies about the future weren't true, but unfortunately it seems a lot like it might be.

I heard a theory rumor that all conservatives and anyone who opposes stuff that is coming in general will be rounded up and there is little time left. Evil gets to be more dominant over people than us.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And not going to lie, I prefer Revelation and prophecies about the future weren't true, but unfortunately it seems a lot like it might be.

I heard a theory rumor that all conservatives and anyone who opposes stuff that is coming in general will be rounded up and there is little time left. Evil gets to be more dominant over people than us.

The prophecies are true. That does not mean they are understood, widely, or generally. Explanations of them that we have heard are not likely so correct. Jesus will return, that is absolutely correct. There will be times of trouble. But Mystery Babylon, which must fall, is all around. That is generally not understood and theories and explanations distract from that. Believers need to get out from it very soon, we really should not be waiting. We can have places where we grow things for what is needed, away from the city, where godlessness flourishes, and from which destructiveness that God hates comes.

Reactions: VCR-2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
VCR-2000 said:

Rumors are probably only that, yet I too see a trend toward more intolerance. If there is anything to that growing that much worse, that would necessarily be over time, it is yet more reason for believers to come out from where they should not be, and not wait for the call to be stronger, when circumstances would be more dire. We could live the right way being a part from cities of our civilization being independent from that as we can be growing our food ourselves, and that being with sustainability.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Aye, I've seen it. I've had (ex) friends who said stuff like if you're not flying a pride flag, you're openly oppressing them. That's the attitude people are having. If you don't have their beliefs & are openly showing it, you're no better (& deserve no better) than a KKK or Nazi. That's a scary thing. They're trying to make this the 'Civil Rights Era 2.0' where anyone who thinks different than them is to be demonized. You don't even have to be opposing it, you can just be indifferent. Notice how the past year or so they've really been repeating 'inaction is no action' or 'if you're not doing anything for it, than you're against it'?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am hoping in the future Republicans are able to make up losses in traditionally Red states that are trending Blue (GA, AZ) by holding onto FL, OH, & IA consistently while making grounds in the Midwest WI, MI, & PA.

Upvote 0