✟7,718.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I can only hope I go quickly.

Me too. No matter who gets elected, they can't stop the society itself from degenerating down into the toilet, which is pretty much where it is already. If the changes I have seen over the last 45 years get doubled down in the next 45 years, this will be a planet I do not want to be on.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cher declared that she can't breathe the same air as Romney. Statistically speaking it's likely that she already is, but I wonder if she knows it?

:)
Think she'll promise to leave the country? :D:D:D

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Think she'll promise to leave the country? :D:D:D

Well, she said something along the lines that she can't breathe the same air as Romney. Given that it's likely a statistical certainty that she is...and she likely would anywhere that she lives. What other options are there?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The latest wake-up call comes in the form of a New York Times/CBS poll showing Republican Mitt Romney in the lead not just among registered voters overall, but with women and independents.

But the shifts with women, moderates and independents are all statistically significant. Obama lost 5 points with each of those demographics.

Team Obama has for months been warning Democrats not to be overconfident and warning of a close election, with the president increasingly sounding the alarm for donors and activists in recent campaign appearances.

You need money to win Ohio, but it may not be worth the price of all this gay pride to get it. As the Times poll showed, a huge majority believe Obama’s rhetorical reversion was about politics, not a personal moral journey. Even those who are fine with gay marriage, may find it unseemly to see Obama waving the rainbow flag so vigorously in pursuit of cash.

Alarm Grows Among Dems About Obama’s Chances | Fox News

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am wondering how long it will take for the shooting in Auburn, AL will take to show up on the forum. After all, the shooter should not have had a gun with his previous convictions. Oh wait, it won't show up as it is black on black crime. Who cares if 3 people were killed I guess.

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cher declared that she can't breathe the same air as Romney. Statistically speaking it's likely that she already is, but I wonder if she knows it?

:)
Statistically speaking, Cher (and her opinion) doesn't matter one iota. :D

Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Some people who are belatedly seeing what Obama is really like are saying that he has changed. This is probably easier to say than admitting that you were blind to the man's whole history before, and were taken in by his rhetoric and geniality.

Wishful thinking is not idealism. It is self-indulgence at best and self-exaltation at worst. In either case, it is usually at the expense of others. In other words, it is the opposite of idealism.

The visceral hostility of liberals against Sarah Palin is something that liberals themselves ought to be concerned about. After all, she is just someone who has a different opinion about politics and a different social background and style. What I fear the liberals most resent is their perception that she is someone who is talking back to her betters.

Random Thoughts | RealClearPolitics

Upvote 0