• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ye Olde Republican Safe House (6)

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Sojourner1, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Sojourner1

Sojourner1 CF Advisory Team, Policy Manager Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+3,503
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
    The old thread automatically closed is here: "Ye Olde Republican Safe House (5)"

Edit as a reminder - the guidelines for this thread are:
    Members who chose to participate in this safe house should identify with the Political party of this safe house. Fellowship posts from all members are welcome.

Safe House Guidelines

• The safe houses are for the purpose of enabling a group of members who are like-minded to have a thread to discuss current political topics as well as fellowship together.

• The safe house is for discussion and not for debate. Debate is defined as: "Engaging in argument by discussing opposing points."

• If a topic turns into a debate then staff will split the debate off into a new thread.

• Discussion of Politicians of all parties is allowed. Politics Forum Guidelines must be followed when discussing non-members.

• Flaming groups of members on CF is not allowed in the safe house.

• Referring to other members or groups of members as RINO's is not allowed.

• No posting of links or quotes from other threads on CF.

• No discussion or references to specific members on CF for the purpose of flaming or ridiculing that member.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
  2. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,182
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
  3. Ginny

Ginny I like to whisper, too!

+597
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Red Flag #1

The safe houses are for the purpose of enabling a group of members who are like-minded to have a thread to discuss current political topics as well as fellowship together.

4. RealDealNeverstop

+1,182
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Glad to see some stability....just as some Reps denounced Wilson they also jumped on Grayson for saying my Party wants people to die quickly if they get ill. The icing on the cake is Grayson announced he will be at the premiere of Moore's new film. Respect is earned by avoiding hypocrisy and as more peeps become disillusioned about Obama they will be looking for a new place. We could get that ready by adhering to some basic principles of our Party.
    http://slatest.slate.com/id/2231055/entry/4

5. Pepperoni

Pepperoni (clever saying goes here)

+295
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I can only hope I go quickly.

6. RealDealNeverstop

+1,182
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican

Two of my clients are doctors and did say untold millions are lost by people not pulling the plug on the inevitably lost. It must be hard but I don't want to stay plugged in.....if I'm incapacitated just end it as soon as possible.

7. ChristianCenturion

ChristianCenturion Veteran / Tuebor

+551
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  8. RealDealNeverstop

+1,182
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    So back in February the RNC chairman had this to say about our Party:

"You have absolutely no reason, none, to trust our word or our actions at this point."

Recently in reaction to the school song about obama he used it as a means to solicit funds by saying:

"This is the type of propaganda you would see in Stalin's Russia or Kim Jong Il's North Korea. I never thought the day would come when I'd see it here in America.

This is the type of fanaticism Republicans are up against as we fight to stop the Obama Democrats' radical leftist transformation of America. The only way our Party can defeat their liberal ambitions is by electing more Republicans in the upcoming 2009 state elections and the critical 2010 mid-term elections."
    RNC Chairman Compares Pro-Obama Song to Communist Propaganda | 44 | washingtonpost.com

This is not the direction our Party should be going. We cannot go from being untrustworthy to Godwin exploits for funds and expect to win elections. With just over a year a way from mid-terms what do you think we should be doing differently?

9. dia_liom

dia_liom Senior Contributor

+483
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yeah, I've got at least 1 person on 'ignore'. It's just not worth the time to respond, is it ChristianCenturion?

10. ChristianCenturion

+551
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Well, I can only answer for my own account.
    I do end up suggesting things to others now and again and personally, I do scroll quickly by certain posts for my own benefit. But to be blunt, I ought to be careful not to outright tell person X not to respond to posts Y or Z... just in case person X is gifted and is able to get through to postings like Y or Z. So, sure... I will agree that it is a personal decision we all consider and might make.

11. R0D

R0D Regular Member

+27
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Sup my peoples!!!

12. RealDealNeverstop

+1,182
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hello!

13. Ginny

Ginny I like to whisper, too!

+597
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    No, I am not taking the swine flu vaccination.

14. ChristianCenturion

+551
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Me either. :D

15. dia_liom

+483
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I think health care professionals should get Swine Flu vaccines. Beyond that, it should be up to the individual.

16. ChristianCenturion

+551
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm hoping some of the fanatics riding the Dem-streetcar and chanting "change, change, change" saw the recent broadcasts outlining a portion of Medicaid and Medicare fraud... or read an actual newspaper every once in a while. Systems too big compared to the amount of monitoring provisions and million/billions being paid out to crooks. Their solution- raise costs on those and try to build a bigger system. :doh:

17. John Lee Pettimore III

John Lee Pettimore III Same as my daddy and his daddy before.

+26
    Christian
    Private
    Or even what Congress allowed to go on in Washington D.C.

18. dia_liom

+483
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Way too many instances of 'must' & 'require' in the Dem plan presented today.

19. R0D

R0D Regular Member

+27
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    *crickets*

20. dia_liom

+483
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Looks like only 1 turncoat Republican in the House. Plenty of 'Blue Dog' Democrats to work on getting rid of year or whenever they're up.