Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A joke would have been saying it then coming clean. Since you kept on you made it into a lie. Thus you did lie about it.

Lol....I had already confessed to it being a joke but since I didn't personally tell you that makes it a lie? Why are you hounding me in this thread at all? You have your Soc/Con thread so why don't you show the same respect you demand from others? In short, stop fishing for things to complain about.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And a funny joke it was.

I especially liked the part when you stated your intentions, your being booted from staff, then your righteous defense!

And I thought you were serious! Looks like the joke is on us....

Aside from Staff being able to see I have NEVER even filled out a Mod application I thought for sure what you quoted made it obvious I was joking. Looks like some are manufacturing outrage for their own personal joys.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, not really...just proof that the safehouse was not out to get one person. "Their" history with CF along with (too many to count) violations proved just that.

Access was not abused. Same said person trolled enough to require me access.

I hear there is a petition going around to make backpedaling an Olympic Summer sport. May I have your permission to cite this post as evidence it is an acquired skill?

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RealDealNeverstop said:
It was simply a joke. That should have been clear when I said I would vote auto violation on dubya supporters, etc. Please do not accuse me of being a liar.

While it may have been intended as a joke there are some members who post in this thread regularly who didn't see the humor in it, and were not aware it was a joke. I think everyone has voiced their opinion on this by now. Time to let it go. Can we please move on to another topic?

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While it may have been intended as a joke there are some members who post in this thread regularly who didn't see the humor in it, and were not aware it was a joke. I think everyone has voiced their opinion on this by now. Time to let it go. Can we please move on to another topic?

This is unbelievable. If I had openly accused someone of being a liar the post would've been removed before the ink dried and I wouldve been infracted. And. You. Know. It.

So yeah let's move on.

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is unbelievable. If I had openly accused someone of being a liar the post would've been removed before the ink dried and I wouldve been infracted. And. You. Know. It.

So yeah let's move on.

If it is proven that someone has lied it isn't flaming to state that they have lied. Calling someone a "liar" is much more inflammatory and directed at the member's personal character, not at the context of the post. That is my outlook on this whole issue of lying. However, I personally believe that it's better to say that someone did not tell the truth instead of saying that they lied.

In the future if you have demonstrable proof that someone has lied you can state that they lied. But calling someone a "liar" will be considered flaming.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If it is proven that someone has lied it isn't flaming to state that they have lied. Calling someone a "liar" is much more inflammatory and directed at the member's personal character, not at the context of the post. That is my outlook on this whole issue of lying. However, I personally believe that it's better to say that someone did not tell the truth instead of saying that they lied.

In the future if you have demonstrable proof that someone has lied you can state that they lied. But calling someone a "liar" will be considered flaming.

It has not been proven I lied.....but I would be an absolute idiot to think we could have an honest convo here so yes let's please move on before the patronizing gets worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So yesterday someone pointed out to me that obama referred to Kanye west as a "donkey" and he actually tried to use it to deride obama. I asked him why so many against obama have to try and reduce opposition to him as being on par with a jerry springer-a-thon. For those who don't support obama....please don't JSit the issues. Obama supporters will not respect any of your criticisms if you do.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I spend quite a bit of time in the politics forum. I don't care who you are, what kind of sense of humor you have, when you outright lie I'll call you on it.

It's too bad that a Christian feels they have to lie in order to have some "fun" with people.

It's too bad a Christian has to make false accusations instead of simply admitting a joke flew over her head.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:D hahaaaaaaaaaaa

Can we see that backed up or is this all that can be expected? I'm guessing we know the answer.

It's such a shame that neocons and the Christian Right managed to successfully implode a Party that was once at the forefront of the American Dream. All I can hope is more Republicans like myself have not given up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I want to know where the rule is that prohibits us from talking about the mods. When I was a mod I fought for a no board on boards rule, but no one else wanted one.

It is here:

Disruptive Behavior
You will not disrupt the peace and harmony of the site. Disruptive behavior includes, but is not limited to, the rehashing of alleged grievances or disputes; publicly complaining about posts or threads submitted in forums throughout the site; or ranting about Christian Forums or its staff.

From my interpretation, you can talk about them, just in a nice way :)

However discussing staff actions is prohibited

Staff Disciplinary Action
Do not discuss staff actions publicly. The staff appeals form is to be used to submit complaints about staff disciplinary action. If you are reported, don't discuss it in public forums. Don't discourage other members from using the report system

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
600px-Nuvola_apps_important_yellows.png

MOD HAT ON

Thread closed for staff review
Please see THIS thread in the Society Staff Discussion Area

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
600px-Nuvola_apps_important_yellows.png

MOD HAT ON

Thread is being reopened with a reminder to follow the guidelines listed at the beginning of this thread. If you cannot do this, do not post in this thread, or be ready to accept the consequences if you break the rules.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟140,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Members who chose to participate in this safe house should identify with the Political party of this safe house. Fellowship posts from all members are welcome.

Safe House Guidelines

• The safe houses are for the purpose of enabling a group of members who are like-minded to have a thread to discuss current political topics as well as fellowship together.

• The safe house is for discussion and not for debate. Debate is defined as: "Engaging in argument by discussing opposing points."

• If a topic turns into a debate then staff will split the debate off into a new thread.

• Discussion of Politicians of all parties is allowed. Politics Forum Guidelines must be followed when discussing non-members.

• Flaming groups of members on CF is not allowed in the safe house.

• Referring to other members or groups of members as RINO's is not allowed.

• No posting of links or quotes from other threads on CF.

• No discussion or references to specific members on CF for the purpose of flaming or ridiculing that member.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.