Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
ok. Well I went to the sub doctor on the 16th and they said that they no longer take the insurance I have. I was on 8 mg of suboxone for three months. And 16 for one.

They were going to write me a script for 30 days to give me time to see someone else but I was so angry that I left there saying I’m going to come to a place where I have to come off of it I might as well just do it now.

I don’t know what to do guys. My faith still is getting tested everyday. Does anyone here know how to handle what I’m going thru or know how to deal with it?

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone here know how to handle what I’m going thru or know how to deal with it?
Suboxone Uses, Dosage, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com

Suboxone is used to treat opiate addiction. The treatment is similar to the Tapering method, ie by gradually reducing/tapering the dosage of opiates = allowing time for the brain to recover normal functions or chemical balance(fully or partially.?).
... Full recovery or normalcy means the brain secretes natural neurotransmitters in normal amounts and at the right time, ie day vs night.

Addiction causes the brain to under-secrete natural neuroTs = brain becomes addicted to or dependent on psychotropic drugs which are artificial or analogous neuroTs.

When the addicts/patients abstain from the artificial psychotropic drug, they will suffer horrible withdrawal symptoms. So, it is best for the patients to not skip their prescribed medication or go cold turkey(= risk of brain stroke).
... Even if they want to be "cured", they should first try the Tapering method. OTOH, drug addiction can be life-long and very costly, ie untreatable = like middle-aged Type 2 diabetics being "addicted" to artificial insulin for the rest of their lives.

Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I’m just struggling guys. I have a deep conviction to stop it all. I feel it’s a unrelenting feel that I could die from these drugs and I don’t want to shorten my life.

• Prayers
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m just struggling guys. I have a deep conviction to stop it all. I feel it’s a unrelenting feel that I could die from these drugs and I don’t want to shorten my life.

Then we pray my friend. We pray without ceasing. I will be praying for you! Get out and take walks if you can. Don't coop yourself up. Take a Bible with you and find a nice place to study and be in God's word. You can do this. I believe in you!

Jesus, we need you :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prayer? Has it come to that? Yes. Prayer should be the first thing we come to. Possibly prayer that says "Lord, guide me in Your Word to the words/verses that show me the solution to my problem. Guide me to Words that point me to You and Your omnipotence to provide the solution to my problem. Strengthen me in the inner man (Ephesians 3:16). Lead me to being strong in You (2 Timothy 2:1). May I not depend on my prayers or the prayers of others, but on Your answers to these prayers, and my obedience to You and Your Word, allowing You to answer these prayers by Your prerequisites of my exercising faith in You and Your Word. May Your answers to my prayers result in Glory to Your name. Amen.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
ok. Well I went to the sub doctor on the 16th and they said that they no longer take the insurance I have. I was on 8 mg of suboxone for three months. And 16 for one.

They were going to write me a script for 30 days to give me time to see someone else but I was so angry that I left there saying I’m going to come to a place where I have to come off of it I might as well just do it now.

I don’t know what to do guys. My faith still is getting tested everyday. Does anyone here know how to handle what I’m going thru or know how to deal with it?
Never heard of suboxone before so I googled it. It is used for narcotics addiction. I would hope you would conquer your addiction in a timely manner and get on with your life.

Reactions: dabro
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dabro, I have never taken drugs, so I can't offer you practical advice. I'm also just a simple person who takes what God says at face value.

The Word of the Living God says that Jesus is The Name above every name (Philippians 2:9-10), and at His name every knee must bow of things in heaven, in earth, and under the earth.

Drugs are things, and drugs have names. If I were in your situation, one by one, I would speak (out loud) the Name of Jesus over the name of every drug you have taken. There is power in the Name of Jesus. I would do this regularly, in fact.

If you have believed that Jesus is the Son of God and have received Him into your life, you have His Holy Spirit living in You. GREATER is He Who lives in you than he who is in the world! He wants you cleaned up even more than you do! Don't you beat yourself up about this; Jesus wants you whole and free. He loved you so much, He sent His Son to die for you! Ask Him to show you how to cooperate with Him to help clean up your temple- His house. Focus on God's almighty infinite power over the limited earthly power of these drugs. (Remember- You give power to what you focus on.)

BTW- Who do you think is trying to tempt you to give up? (Hint- It's not Jesus...)

I am praying for you, Dabro. :praying:

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Guys this does feel like I'm losing faith. Like I'm being tested and tried and I don't know how to deal with this. I'm sorry but I just want to give up.
Heroin, morphine, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiod painkillers, marijuana, nicotine, caffeine, etc are analogues of our natural day-time stimulating neuroT's like dopamine, serotonin, adrenaline, acetyl choline, etc.

Alcohol, sleeping pills, anxiolytic pills, anesthetics, etc are analogues of our natural night-time sedating neuroTs like GABA, endorphin, melatonin, etc.

Addicts may opt for cheaper and legal psychotropic drugs like alcohol, nicotine/cigarettes, caffeine/coffee, marijuana/weed, etc.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Can you please stop throwing how evil I am. Just like Job when he was tested I’m being tested by you. You go on about all the things I already know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey man, I responded to your last thread. I was on Suboxone 24 mg for a year straight and then went off cold turkey because I got arrested for something and had to sit in jail for 3 months to wait on my court date. It was awful, detoxing off Suboxone in county jail like that. I'm not going to lie, coming off Suboxone is truly horrible but you just need to push through it. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. I wish I could give you some lighter, softer advice but there is none. That's the price we pay for taking Suboxone. I haven't touched it since, once you go through the withdrawals you will never want to put it back in your body. Stay close to God, stay in the word, meditate, pray, listen to worship music. At least you're not in jail going through this like I was. Let me know if you need anything.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Guys this does feel like I'm losing faith. Like I'm being tested and tried and I don't know how to deal with this. I'm sorry but I just want to give up.
Sometimes it seems like we are being tested, but I don't think that's what it's all about. The Lord gives us some high hurdles to jump over, but I think there is a reason for it.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Can you please stop throwing how evil I am. Just like Job when he was tested I’m being tested by you. You go on about all the things I already know.
If you could beat the drug addiction (that's what it is, isn't it?), you might find most of your problems disappear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Man doesn’t live on bread alone, but on every word that comes out of the mouth of God!
LEVITICUS.10: = 8 Then the Lord spoke to Aaron, saying: 9 “Do not drink wine or intoxicating drink, you, nor your sons with you, when you go into the tabernacle of meeting, lest you die. It shall be a statute forever throughout your generations, 10 that you may distinguish between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean, 11 and that you may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the Lord has spoken to them by the hand of Moses.”

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
LEVITICUS.10: = 8 Then the Lord spoke to Aaron, saying: 9 “Do not drink wine or intoxicating drink, you, nor your sons with you, when you go into the tabernacle of meeting, lest you die. It shall be a statute forever throughout your generations, 10 that you may distinguish between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean, 11 and that you may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the Lord has spoken to them by the hand of Moses.”
I’m going to block what you say if you keep condemning me for what I am going thru. I already know everything you are saying. All it does is twist the knife that’s already in me.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.