Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It could potentially refer to a number of groups, without more information it'd be difficult to tell. Traditionally it simply refers to the ancient Israelite worship of YHVH, though in modern times some groups might identify as Yahwists. I would hazard a guess that it may be part of the Sacred Name Movement, which may or may not be problematic, depending on where on the spectrum they stand.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

barryrob

Mar 20, 2008
✟8,616.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
Does any body know much about this sect? I met one in a forum. He was a great guy and very knowledgable on scripture, his doctrine was very similar to orthodox fundamental biblical Christianity.

WHAT IS "orthodox fundamental biblical Christianity"?

barry

Upvote 0

Juelrei

May 13, 2015
✟15,557.00
Does any body know much about this sect? I met one in a forum. He was a great guy and very knowledgable on scripture, his doctrine was very similar to orthodox fundamental biblical Christianity.

If you found their doctrine to be orthadox, then you have been deceived. I recently came across the "Sacred Name Movement". And did some research by excellent teachings available on internet that soundly refute their particular error.

For instance, the SNM states that only they know how to correctly pronounce the name of God (YHVH). Clearly arrogant in their position because even the Jews to whom God gave his name, have lost how to correctly pronounce it.. and with deep respect they do not make guesses like Christians have done. Using Jehovah, or, Yahway, or the like.

The SNM doctrine connects saying it 'right' with being truly saved. In other words, you have to know how to say it correctly or you are not saved.

Sort of like the difference between saying to-may-toes or saying to-ma-toes can put you either in heaven or hell.

Such a doctrine is not found in the scriptures. The SNM is connected doctrinally with the SDA, which is a legalistic denomination.

Upvote 0