✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
SCRIPTURE FOR THE SEVEN MOEDIM (FEASTS) OF YAHWEH

The Moedim (feasts) are rehearsals, and are appointments with Yahweh.

Leviticus 23:1-44 NKJV

1. And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
2. "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them:
'The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations,
these are My feasts.
3. 'Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.
4. 'These are the feasts of the Lord, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times.

1.) PESACH (PASSOVER)

5 On the fourteenth day of the first month at twilight is the Lord's Passover.

“And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to Yahweh throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance FOREVER.” (Exodus 12:14)

Fulfilled

CHAG HAMATZOT (UNLEAVENED BREAD)

6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord; seven days you must eat unleavened bread.
7. On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it.
8 But you shall offer an offering made by fire to the Lord for seven days. The seventh
day shall be a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it.' "
9. And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,

“And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance FOREVER.” (Exodus 12:17)

Fulfilled

3. BIKKURIM (THE FEAST OF FIRSTFRUITS)

10. "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'When you come into the land which I give to you, and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest.
11. He shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted on your behalf; on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.
12. And you shall offer on that day, when you wave the sheaf, a male lamb of the first year, without blemish, as a burnt offering to the Lord.
13 Its grain offering shall be two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil, an offering made by fire to the Lord, for a sweet aroma; and its drink offering shall be of wine, one-fourth of a hin.
14 You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute FOREVER throughout your generations in all your dwellings

Fulfilled

4.) SHAVUOT (FEAST OF WEEKS/PENTECOST)

15. 'And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering: seven Sabbaths shall be completed. 16 Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath; then you shall offer a new grain offering to the Lord.
17. You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to the Lord.
18. And you shall offer with the bread seven lambs of the first year, without blemish, one young bull, and two rams. They shall be as a burnt offering to the Lord, with their grain offering and their drink offerings, an offering made by fire for a sweet aroma to the Lord.
19. Then you shall sacrifice one kid of the goats as a sin offering, and two male lambs of the first year as a sacrifice of a peace offering.
20. The priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits as a wave offering before the Lord, with the two lambs. They shall be holy to the Lord for the priest.
21. And you shall proclaim on the same day that it is a holy convocation to you. You shall do no customary work on it. It shall be a statute FOREVER in all your dwellings throughout your generations.

22 'When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field when you reap, nor shall you gather any gleaning from your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the stranger: I am the Lord your God

Fulfilled

5.) YOM TERUAH (ROSH HASHANAH/FEAST OF TRUMPETS)

23. Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
24. "Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall have a sabbath-rest, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, a holy convocation.
25 You shall do no customary work on it; and you shall offer an offering made by fire to the Lord.' "

Numbers 10:8-9
8 The sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow the trumpets; and these shall be to you as an ordinance FOREVER throughout your generations.

Not Fulfilled

6.) YOM KIPPUR (DAY OF ATONEMENT)

26 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
27 "Also the tenth day of this seventh month shall be the Day of Atonement. It shall be a holy convocation for you; you shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire to the Lord.
28 And you shall do no work on that same day, for it is the Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before the Lord your God.
29 For any person who is not afflicted in soul on that same day shall be cut off from his people. 30 And any person who does any work on that same day, that person I will destroy from among his people.
31 You shall do no manner of work; it shall be a statute FOREVER throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

32 It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict your souls; on the ninth day of the month at evening, from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath."

Not Fulfilled

SUKKOT (FEAST OF TABERNACLES)

33. Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
34. "Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the Feast of Tabernacles for seven days to the Lord.
35 On the first day there shall be a holy convocation. You shall do no customary work on it.
36 For seven days you shall offer an offering made by fire to the Lord. On the eighth day you shall have a holy convocation, and you shall offer an offering made by fire to the Lord. It is a sacred assembly, and you shall do no customary work on it.
37 These are the feasts of the Lord which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire to the Lord, a burnt offering and a grain offering, a sacrifice and drink offerings, everything on its day
38 besides the Sabbaths of the Lord, besides your gifts, besides all your vows, and besides all your freewill offerings which you give to the Lord.
39 'Also on the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the fruit of the land, you shall keep the feast of the Lord for seven days; on the first day there shall be a sabbath-rest, and on the eighth day a sabbath-rest.
40 And you shall take for yourselves on the first day the fruit of beautiful trees, branches of palm trees, the boughs of leafy trees, and willows of the brook; and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God for seven days.
41 You shall keep it as a feast to the Lord for seven days in the year. It shall be a statute FOREVER in your generations. You shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

42 You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All who are native Israelites shall dwell in booths,
43 that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel dwell in booths when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.' "
44 So Moses declared to the children of Israel the feasts of the Lord.

Not Fulfilled

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Numerous New Testament examples show where people were intending to keep the Feasts, were keeping them, and would keep them again the in Kingdom. Those passages include: Luke 2:42; John 5:1; 7:2, 10, 14; 12:20; Matthew 26:2, 17, 29; Acts 18:21; and 1Corinthians 5:8.

Yahshua himself kept the feasts as he calls us to follow his example.

What do you suppose we are to learn from these rehearsals? I believe that we would do well to start with what these moedim represented in the time of Moses, in order to understand the transposition of these moedim to our relationship with Yahshua.

I believe that they all point to the wedding of the bride of Yahshua.

Discuss...

Last edited:

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bump for Doug.
Okay I'll be like a fish and take the bait. Caught, hook, line and sinker.
What makes you say that the Yom Kippur has not been fulfilled?
28 And you shall do no work on that same day, for it is the Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before the Lord your God.
Did Yahshua not fulfill this on the cross?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Okay I'll be like a fish and take the bait. Caught, hook, line and sinker.
What makes you say that the Yom Kippur has not been fulfilled?

There is only one Moed that the Jews observe by fasting. That is Yom Kippur. Fasting on this appointed day is not based in scripture, but in tradition. When Yahshua was asked why he and his disciples were feasting, instead of fasting; he alluded to a wedding feast, in Mark 2. Yahshua has not yet returned for his bride. Yahshua and his disciples were rehearsing the wedding feast; as Yahweh commands.

In a Jewish wedding there is a betrothal. The father picks his son's bride. It's a promise to marry. A dowry is paid. Yahshua paid the dowry for his bride. The groom waits about a year before he claims his bride. He surprises her in the middle of the night. He would bring a party with him. He would sound a trumpet. Hopefully she is, and has been, faithful to her betrothed when he surprises her.

How can the wedding feast be fulfilled, without the groom returning for his bride?

This is my humble understanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is only one Moed that the Jews observe by fasting. That is Yom Kippur. Fasting on this appointed day is not based in scripture, but in tradition. When Yahshua was asked why he and his disciples were feasting, instead of fasting; he alluded to a wedding feast, in Mark 2. Yahshua has not yet returned for his bride. Yahshua and his disciples were rehearsing the wedding feast; as Yahweh commands.

In a Jewish wedding there is a betrothal. The father picks his son's bride. It's a promise to marry. A dowry is paid. Yahshua paid the dowry for his bride. The groom waits about a year before he claims his bride. He surprises her in the middle of the night. He would bring a party with him. He would sound a trumpet. Hopefully she is, and has been, faithful to her betrothed when he surprises her.

How can the wedding feast be fulfilled, without the groom returning for his bride?

This is my humble understanding.
God said they were to observe the MOED by afflicting there souls, offering a burnt offering and doing no servile work on that Day.
What is afflicting your soul but fasting.
In Mark 2 Jesus was saying His disciples would fast after He left, not before.
And how do you relate Yom Kippur to Jesus having a feast with publicans and sinners?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God said they were to observe the MOED by afflicting there souls, offering a burnt offering and doing no servile work on that Day.
What is afflicting your soul but fasting.

This very succinct 13 minute video is very informative; and it should answer a lot of questions that you might have about this subject.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Purpose of Yom Kippur
1. A call to humble ourselves before the Father
2.To make ourselves low before Him, in obedience.
3. A time to realign ourselves and submit to His authority.
4. A call to introspection and repentance.

It looks to me like when somebody becomes His child, they have fulfilled the purpose of Yom Kippur.
Salvation = repent and believe the Gospel. You no longer want your own way, you want His way so you obey Him.
That is the core of repentance.
Even taking away fasting still does not explain why you said Jesus was having a feast, and was questioned why He wasn't fasting. Was Jesus supposed to be observing Yom Kippur in Mark 2?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In Mark 2 Jesus was saying His disciples would fast after He left, not before.

Has Yahshua truly departed us?

John 6:35

New International Version
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

And how do you relate Yom Kippur to Jesus having a feast with publicans and sinners?

Have any of Yahweh's Moedim, since the time of Moses, been devoid of someone who had sinned, even one?

(CLV) Mk 2:17
And, hearing it, Jesus is saying to them that "Not need have the strong of a physician, but those having an illness. I did not come to call the just, but sinners."

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It looks to me like when somebody becomes His child, they have fulfilled the purpose of Yom Kippur.
Salvation = repent and believe the Gospel. You no longer want your own way, you want His way so you obey Him.
That is the core of repentance.

Yahshua said that nothing would pass from the law until all has been fulfilled. If Yom Kippurim is a type and shadow of the wedding feast; then it certainly has not been fulfilled to its' consummation.
Is not obedience to Yahweh being obedient to his instructions?

Even taking away fasting still does not explain why you said Jesus was having a feast, and was questioned why He wasn't fasting. Was Jesus supposed to be observing Yom Kippur in Mark 2?

Yahshua is obedient to Yahweh. That said, how could the bridegroom abstain from his own wedding feast? Wouldn't that dishonor his bride?

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has Yahshua truly departed us?
Leave us, no. Hebrews 13:5
Leave the disciples that were walking with Him, yes.
John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Have any of Yahweh's Moedim, since the time of Moses, been devoid of someone who had sinned, even one?
I don't see how this is an answer to my question of how did you know Jesus was celebrating Yom Kippur in Mark 2?

Yahshua said that nothing would pass from the law until all has been fulfilled. If Yom Kippurim is a type and shadow of the wedding feast; then it certainly has not been fulfilled to its' consummation.
How is the wedding feast a fulfilment of Yom Kippur?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't see how this is an answer to my question of how did you know Jesus was celebrating Yom Kippur in Mark 2?

What other feast could it have been? What other feast "traditionally" involves a fast?

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What other feast could it have been? What other feast "traditionally" involves a fast?
Why does it have to be one of the appointed feasts?
Why couldn't Yahshua just have a meal with a bunch of His followers?

Also

What links Yom Kippur to the wedding feast at the end of the age?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why does it have to be one of the appointed feasts?
Why couldn't Yahshua just have a meal with a bunch of His followers?

Why would everyone else be fasting on that particular day? What other day calls for a group fast within Jewish tradition?

What links Yom Kippur to the wedding feast at the end of the age?
I've been trying to come up with a concise answer for this question, supported by scripture, other than the example that I've already given. I've tried to approach it from more than one angle; but as I try, I can find no more than what would be a complicated explanation.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would everyone else be fasting on that particular day? What other day calls for a group fast within Jewish tradition?
I am just not convinced that this was an appointed feast. 2:15 says "As Yahshua sat at meat in His house". Does that sound like an appointed feast?
In verse :18 some came to Him and asked why the disciples of John and the pharisees used to fast, but Jesus' disciples didn't?
I am not convinced :18 is the same scenario as :15-17.
That is one of the problems in the Bible, you can't always tell when there is intervening time.
For instance in Genesis 15 YHWH promises a child. Then in Chapter 16 10-15 years have passed.

I've been trying to come up with a concise answer for this question, supported by scripture, other than the example that I've already given. I've tried to approach it from more than one angle; but as I try, I can find no more than what would be a complicated explanation.
If you must use a complicated explanation, you should be wary of basing doctrine on such.
For example, if you have to link A to F (Day of Atonement to Wedding Feast) and you link A > B > C >D > E > F
and by that you say you have successfully linked A to F, I would say "No, you didn't"
Paul unintentionally did this and he had to quickly back off it.
He said "Whatsoever is not of faith is sin", then, "the law is not of faith".
The logical conclusion of this is to say "the law is sin". He quickly dismissed that logic.
So, if you are going to link things together, tread lightly and use lots of Scripture.

Upvote 0