• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured YAHWEH!

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by friend of, Nov 9, 2017.

1. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,651
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    the glorious name! I love the name of YAHWEH! I love saying YAHWEH!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Yeshua HaDerekh

Yeshua HaDerekh Men can dream of truth, but then cant live with it

+1,593
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Yahweh? YeHoVaH is HaShem.

3. Sadie316

Sadie316 New Member

+11
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    I heard Yahweh Highway by August Rain today for the first time today. I love saying and now singing Yahweh. :clap:

4. TrevorL

TrevorL Regular Member

+34
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Greetings "friend of",
    Yes, I think it is important to appreciate that this is the Name of God that is revealed in the OT and I personally use this name Yahweh, even replacing LORD when reading from the KJV, both privately and in our meeting. Do you also have an explanation of the meaning of the word Yahweh, as it is a Hebrew word and possibly a little bit obscure in our language.

Kind regards
    Trevor

5. Sadie316

Sadie316 New Member

+11
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
  6. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,593
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    That article is incorrect. How do you get a 2 syllable name from a 3 syllable description? Yahweh is a recent pronunciation and it is wrong...sorry. Besides, Theophoric names begin with "YeHo"...

7. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+27,541
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Perhaps it is a longer form of "Yah"? That word is first used in Exodus 15, the song of Moses. Interesting

Strong's Hebrew: 3050. יָהּ (Yah) -- the name of the God of Israel

Genesis 1:1 (YLT)
    Strong's Number H3050 matches the Hebrew יָהּ (Yahh),
    which occurs 49 times in 45 verses in the Hebrew concordance of the KJV

Exodus 15:1 Then sang Mosheh and the sons of Yisra'el this song unto JEHOVAH<3068>, and they spake saying,--"I will sing to JEHOVAH<3068> for He is exalted exalted,--The horse and his rider hath He cast into the Sea.
    2 My might and melody is Yah, and He became mine salvation/[email protected]'ah.--This is my 'El and I will glorify Him, 'Elohiym of my father and I will set Him on high". '
    21 And Miriam is responding to them: "Sing ye to JEHOVAH<3068> that to be triumphant He is triumphant
    Horse and his rider He heaved into Sea. [Isaiah 12:2/Reve 15:3]

Isa 12:2
    Behold, El is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for YAH<H3050> JEHOVAH<3068> is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Revelation 15:3 and They are singing the Song of-Moses, the bond-servant of the God, and the song of the Lamb, saying,

8. TrevorL

TrevorL Regular Member

+34
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Greetings Sadie316,
    The article that you referenced states the following:
    Most translations and commentators accept this present tense “I am that I am”, but notice in the margin of the RV (or ASV) and RSV, an alternative is given “I will be that I will be” or “I will be what I will be”, showing that some modern scholars suggest this alternative reading. Although not popular it appears that this future tense is the correct translation. Not only modern scholars, Tyndale also translated this in the future tense.
    Exodus 3:12-14 (Tyndale): 12 And he sayde: I wilbe with the. And this shalbe a token vnto the that I haue sent the: after that thou hast broughte the people out of Egipte, ye shall serue God vppon this mountayne. 13 Than sayde Moses vnto God: when I come vnto the childern of Israell and saye vnto them, the God of youre fathers hath sent me vnto you, ad they saye vnto me, what ys his name, what answere shall I geuethem? 14 Then sayde God vnto Moses: I wilbe what I wilbe: ad he sayde, this shalt thou saye vnto the children of Israel: I wilbe dyd send me to you.

The word “ehyeh” used in Exodus 3:14 is the same in the earlier statement in v12, and here the translators give the future tense:
    Exodus 3:12 (KJV): And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
    Not only does this fix the tense, it also introduces the concept that the Name of God is also associated with some future activity, and that activity was to be Yahweh’s deliverance of Israel out of Egypt Exodus 6:1-8.

Kind regards
    Trevor

9. yeshuasavedme

yeshuasavedme Senior Veteran

+626
    Christian
    Married
    It is "Life/Breath", and it is the Manufacturers Name stamped on every intake and outlet of His gift of life to every soul in which is the "breath of life". From the first intake -YH! to the last outlet, VH!, when He withdraws His gift.

10. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,593
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private

11. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,593
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private

12. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+833
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Nehemiah Gordon is an anti-Messiah. It's dangerous to follow him & his teachings.

13. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,593
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    He is a Karaite Jew and a respected Biblical scholar.

14. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+833
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Irrelevant. He denies Yeshua of Nazareth as *the* Messiah, therefore he is an anti-Messiah

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,593
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    So only Christians should be listened to regarding Jewish Scriptures, especially the pronunciation of HaShem? That is a very narrow sighted view but you are welcome to it! Do you have any valid counter of his research?

16. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,231
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    I learned the name of Yahweh from a Rabbi. His explanation was the same as that already given, that it's an acronym that stands for "I Am that I Am." The exact pronunciation is irrelevant, as the vowels are only implied. This was a non-messianic Jewish rabbi. The only people whom I've ever known to use the term "HaShem" are the Christ-hating types of Jews, those who not only disbelieve in Christ but genuinely hate him. I don't know what the connection is, but I'm never calling God HaShem. He said he was to be known through all generations as I Am. I'll stick with that.

Praise Yahweh.

17. Steve Petersen

Steve Petersen Senior Veteran

+3,178
    Deist
    US-Libertarian
    Christ never used the name. He always used circumlocutions for it. He should be our example.

18. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,593
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    No, there ARE actual vowel points. Well I am not a Christ hating Jew. And HaShem means "The Name". Jews use it so as not to pronounce YHVH incorrectly. Has nothing to do with Yeshua.

19. Neal of Zebulun

Neal of Zebulun Active Member

+128
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Me too! Your post gave me cause to laugh joyously! And set a smile on my face, like when a cup of cold water is given to a thirsty man!

Psalms 105:
    1 O give thanks unto Yahweh; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.​

2 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.​

3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek Yahweh.​

4 Seek Yahweh, and his strength: seek his face evermore.​

Revelation 22:
    4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.​

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for Yahweh God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
    Revelation 21:
    3 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.​

Amen, hallelu-Yah! Praise ye Yahweh! He gave us His only begotten Son so that we might have life, yea, and more abundantly.

Hallelu-Yahweh

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  20. Neal of Zebulun

Neal of Zebulun Active Member

+128
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Praise Yahweh and His holy Name!

I'm thankful for the fact that we still know it.

John 12:
    28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.​

29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.​

30 Yahushua answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

I love the Name of Yahweh! May His Name be glorified for ever!

Hallelu-Yahweh