Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It ie evident from these Bible passages, and others, that what is said of Yahweh in The Bible, is also used for the Lord Jesus Christ. While it is clear that Jesus Christ is a "Distinct" Person to God the Father, He is completley EQUAL to Him in every way. These Scriptures show that Jesus Christ can NEVER be part of the Creation, as some blaspheme in their teachings, as He Himself is YAHWEH, the ETERNAL, UNCREATED, SELF-EXISTENT GOD!

MIGHTY GOD

Isaiah 10:21 (Yahweh)

“The remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, To the Mighty God

Isaiah 9:6 (Jesus Christ)

“His name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”

CREATOR

Psalm 102:25-27 (Yahweh)

“Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You will endure; Yes, they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will change them, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will have no end”

Hebrews 1:10-21 (Jesus Christ)

You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail”

SAVIOUR

Isaiah 43:11 (Yahweh)

“I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no Saviour.”

Luke 2:11 (Jesus Christ)

“ For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord

THE FIRST AND THE LAST (Eternal and Uncreated)

Isaiah 44:6 (Yahweh)

I am the First and I am the Last

Revelation 1:17 (Jesus Christ)

“I am the First and the Last

ETERNAL AND UNCREATED

Revelation 1:8 (Yahweh)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord”

Revelation 22:13 (Jesus Christ)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last

EQUAL WORSHIP

Isaiah 45:23 (Yahweh)

“That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath”

Philippians 2:10 (Jesus Christ)

“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth” (Hebrews 1:6, “And let all God’s angels worship him”, - Kingdom Interlinear)

EQUAL POWER AND PROTECTION

Isaiah 43:13 (Yahweh)

I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand

John 10:28 (Jesus Christ)

“And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand

ETERNAL GLORY

Isaiah 42:8 (Yahweh 42:8)

“I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another

John 17:5 (Jesus Christ)

“And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was”

EQUAL BLESSING, HONOUR, GLORY, MIGHT AND WORSHIP

Revelation 5:13-14 (Yahweh and Jesus Christ)

“And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, the Blessing, and the honour, and the glory, and the might, be to Him that sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb forever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
John 1:1-3, " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

John 14:28, "“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

Matthew 6:9, "“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name..." (Jesus instructing His disciples)

Ephesians 1:3, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."

These few examples make it clear that Jesus (the Word, the Son) and Yahweh (God, the Father) are entirely separate. Of course, there are many other places in Scripture that also show that they are separate, but these should suffice.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agree with the exception that in the Godhead there are no parts. :)

only in the sense that there are Three "distinct" (not, separate) Persons, otherwise the Trinity is no longer a Trinity of Persons, but unipersonal.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
John 1:1-3, " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

John 14:28, "“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

Matthew 6:9, "“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name..." (Jesus instructing His disciples)

Ephesians 1:3, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."

These few examples make it clear that Jesus (the Word, the Son) and Yahweh (God, the Father) are entirely separate. Of course, there are many other places in Scripture that also show that they are separate, but these should suffice.
Why do you assume that Yahweh is the Father?

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you assume that Yahweh is the Father?

because the Bible says that He is! as is Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Hence the Holy Trinity. If the Father is not Yahweh, then Who is He, and Who is the Yahweh in the Bible?

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟39,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It ie evident from these Bible passages, and others, that what is said of Yahweh in The Bible, is also used for the Lord Jesus Christ. While it is clear that Jesus Christ is a "Distinct" Person to God the Father, He is completley EQUAL to Him in every way. These Scriptures show that Jesus Christ can NEVER be part of the Creation, as some blaspheme in their teachings, as He Himself is YAHWEH, the ETERNAL, UNCREATED, SELF-EXISTENT GOD!

MIGHTY GOD

Isaiah 10:21 (Yahweh)

“The remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, To the Mighty God

Isaiah 9:6 (Jesus Christ)

“His name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”

CREATOR

Psalm 102:25-27 (Yahweh)

“Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You will endure; Yes, they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will change them, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will have no end”

Hebrews 1:10-21 (Jesus Christ)

You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail”

SAVIOUR

Isaiah 43:11 (Yahweh)

“I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no Saviour.”

Luke 2:11 (Jesus Christ)

“ For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord

THE FIRST AND THE LAST (Eternal and Uncreated)

Isaiah 44:6 (Yahweh)

I am the First and I am the Last

Revelation 1:17 (Jesus Christ)

“I am the First and the Last

ETERNAL AND UNCREATED

Revelation 1:8 (Yahweh)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord”

Revelation 22:13 (Jesus Christ)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last

EQUAL WORSHIP

Isaiah 45:23 (Yahweh)

“That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath”

Philippians 2:10 (Jesus Christ)

“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth” (Hebrews 1:6, “And let all God’s angels worship him”, - Kingdom Interlinear)

EQUAL POWER AND PROTECTION

Isaiah 43:13 (Yahweh)

I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand

John 10:28 (Jesus Christ)

“And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand

ETERNAL GLORY

Isaiah 42:8 (Yahweh 42:8)

“I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another

John 17:5 (Jesus Christ)

“And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was”

EQUAL BLESSING, HONOUR, GLORY, MIGHT AND WORSHIP

Revelation 5:13-14 (Yahweh and Jesus Christ)

“And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, the Blessing, and the honour, and the glory, and the might, be to Him that sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb forever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped
If Jesus and YHWH are not the same entity, then they are in serious competition because they both make the same. Good presentation.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
These few examples make it clear that Jesus (the Word, the Son) and Yahweh (God, the Father) are entirely separate. Of course, there are many other places in Scripture that also show that they are separate,
This is not true. If you believe that Christ is God then you believe in 2 Gods, not orthodox. And if you believe that Christ is not God then your beliefs are Arian, not orthodox.

The Father is Yahweh, the Son is Yahweh, and the HS is Yahweh. This is the orthodox belief.

If Jesus and YHWH are not the same entity, then they are in serious competition because they both make the same.
I agree but suggest you use the word "same Being" rather than "same entity," while we may (perhaps) say that the Father, Son, and HS are 3 entities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums