XBOX One vs PS4

R

ReAnn89

Sony pretty much nailed it. The fact that Microsoft canceled their Q&A is a big red flag that they can't handle the tough questions and they know they have a disaster on their hands. Sony and Nintendo are the clear winners, at least to me.

I agree with you.

I never got into microsofts systems granted, but I have enjoyed a couple Xbox exclusives playing with friends. I feel the xbox1 is only going to be enjoyed by a small margin of gamers with money or loyalty to Microsoft.

Upvote 0

Jan 27, 2009
Somewhere out there
✟8,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I'm kind of shocked at how bad Microsoft dropped the ball this gen. There is hardly a single redeeming factor about the Xbox One for me.

I love my 360, and will continue to use XBL on it for as long as they support the service on the 360, but when it comes time to buy next gen, I'm going for a PS4. Sony managed to hit the cycle, twice, at E3. The only downside people can find is that you have to pay for PSN to play online with it. And if that's it, then I'm going back to Sony territory.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
More expensive
Bigger console
Still comes with a power brick
Requires internet connection even for single player games
Needs to be verified every 24 hours
Lending/borrowing games is almost non-existent
Only select countries will be able to play on it Day 1
Kinect needs to be connected on always

What were they thinking? Are they really that blinded by ego and greed?!

Look at what Mattrick is saying. Xbox support centers. Anyone that works at Microsoft. Have they really gone bonkers?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A lot of the Microsoft reps are really coming off like total jerks. Between the above quote and the earlier "deal with it" Tweet, these guys really don't give a crap about any of the issues people are bringing up. I'm sure they'll still sell plenty of consoles but their decisions this time around are truly baffling to me. It seems like some kind of really bad joke, almost like they sat around and tried to purposefully put together a system that had all of the features that no gamers actually want.

Upvote 0
R

ReAnn89

A lot of the Microsoft reps are really coming off like total jerks. Between the above quote and the earlier "deal with it" Tweet, these guys really don't give a crap about any of the issues people are bringing up. I'm sure they'll still sell plenty of consoles but their decisions this time around are truly baffling to me. It seems like some kind of really bad joke, almost like they sat around and tried to purposefully put together a system that had all of the features that no gamers actually want.

It does seem like a bad joke and its a red flag to gamers about how little they care (deal with it?). I haven't talked to anyone wiling to buy the system, most refuse to support a system that is created by a company that doesn't care for its consumers. But, while it'll sell, I doubt it'll sell well unless fans give in for exclusives.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It does seem like a bad joke and its a red flag to gamers about how little they care (deal with it?). I haven't talked to anyone wiling to buy the system, most refuse to support a system that is created by a company that doesn't care for its consumers. But, while it'll sell, I doubt it'll sell well unless fans give in for exclusives.

They're going to need some really strong exclusives. The only noticeable ones they have right now are Halo and Gears of War, neither of which (just my personal opinion) warrant the purchase of an Xbox.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

ReAnn89

They're going to need some really strong exclusives. The only noticeable ones they have right now are Halo and Gears of War, neither of which (just my personal opinion) warrant the purchase of an Xbox.

Very true, most games, even ones like final fantasy that used to be system exclusives, are on both systems. It's not really worth it to be one system for out companies anymore (Nintendo being an exception).

Upvote 0

Perhaps Today

A Light In The Black
Sep 18, 2009
Michigan
✟15,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't been current in the gaming scene since roughly 2005-6. But upon what I've seen so far about these two, Microsoft is pretty much going with how not to make and market a new system. So many of the features, especially the used game fee is gonna cost them dearly. If I were to get back into the market I would likely get a PS4 or a Wii U. I like how PS4 is gonna be region free, which is something they should have done since the PSX.

On a side note. I traditionally base my system purchases on the RPG lineup, especially JRPG (turn based and strategy).

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One thing I do wish developers would focus on is backward compatibility. I hate having to hook up an old system just to play a game that won't play on a new console. Nintendo did a good job with the Wii of allowing it to play Gamecube games and work with all the accessories. I understand that not every console can run the same technology but I wish that more developers could find a way to make the current consoles more friendly to past consoles without having to download or pay for the games again.

Upvote 0
R

ReAnn89

I haven't been current in the gaming scene since roughly 2005-6. But upon what I've seen so far about these two, Microsoft is pretty much going with how not to make and market a new system. So many of the features, especially the used game fee is gonna cost them dearly. If I were to get back into the market I would likely get a PS4 or a Wii U. I like how PS4 is gonna be region free, which is something they should have done since the PSX.

On a side note. I traditionally base my system purchases on the RPG lineup, especially JRPG (turn based and strategy).

The PS4 being region free is a huge plus. I base my system purchases off the rpg lineup too :). There have been a lot of RPGs that aren't released outside of Japan, especially in the past, that gamers would like to play. But, they wouldn't generate a profit for companies. More companies are bringing over riskier games now. I wish the Wii had been region free. I'd have loved to play the Dragon Quest 25th anniversary collection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Yay, another JRPG fan! :clap:

Reactions: Perhaps Today
Upvote 0