CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I have somewhat given up on gaming, I still have followed the next gen consoles. MS REALLY killed themselves with the terrible conference for Xbox One. I've seen a few polls where Xbox owners are told to say what they think of buying the Xbox One. More then 80% don't want it and think its terrible.

I concur. Not being able to buy/sell your games. Constant online connection. No 360 compatibility. TV features and so on. Its like "Awesome I can now watch tv...on my tv!". LOL. It seems like they are making a big mistake. This pretty much sums up why I have no interest in it also. This is a shortened down version of the conference and the key words used the most. Its hilarious and sad at the same time!
Xbox One Reveal 2013 Highlights - YouTube

As for the new PS. I don't like it either. But so far Sony has remained silent since MS had its press conference. THey are smart and letting MS keep talking so they bury themselves. I'll just stick with my 360, PC and Ipad.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm excited for xbox1 but probably wont get either until they got new star wars games :p

Will the xb1 play 360 and Xbox games?

No. It's not backwards compatible with either console.

I have a Wii and PS3, so chances are at some point I'll look at investing in a Wii U and PS4. The XBOX One looks awful and it seems like gaming is the last thing it's designed to do. I need to see more about the PS4 before I'm completely sold on it but I love Sony's exclusives, especially the Uncharted series.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We still have a long way to go before we know everything. I'm sure the Xbox One will have some great games but overall I've always found Nintendo's and Sony's franchises to be more interesting. I have yet to see an Xbox exclusive that makes me want to buy the console, though I can certainly understand others' reasoning for it. E3 will hopefully deliver the goods for all three companies.:)

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If XBOX One requires constant connection and includes all these restrictions I will not be buying one.

Yup.

I've owned consoles starting with Pong and up to the 360 now.

internet to play?
restrictions on used games?
making it more difficult for indi companies to get on "live"?
big push for "social" and TV integration?

Those things make me doubt I'll have one.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I heard MS saying they will push more support for indie gaming. Which doesn't make sense since the essentially said the indie games on 360 they are no longer allowing or something like that.

They should call it Xbox TV or Xbox Sux or my original name Xbox None since thats the sales they will have. Granted lots of parents will buy their kids it, but I don't count those sales. Kids hardly have any idea of the gravity of this situation since they aren't responsible enough to understand (plus its not their money).

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ikr??

what do u guys think will dominate in online play, xbox1 or ps4? right now u can't swing a dead cat while blind folded without hitting someone who plays on xbox live, i wonder how these restrictions will affect the xb1. i do like the 360 for its games, however idk what they were thinking with all these restrictions!!? obviously people wouldn't like it and would lean towards ps4!!

I have to admit XBOX has an impressive online network and they do a good job of maintaining it. However, I like the fact that the PSN is free and I typically don't have many issues with it. I'm sure XBOX will continue to have a strong online community but as long as Sony keeps theirs free and well-managed then they should at least be able to stay competitive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been a gamer forever (Pong and even AD&D and other table top games), I don't recall this sort of odd/bad press relating to a console system at this point it it's development.

These sorts of articles, even rumors, about a system can't be good for the company. In this day and age, the cameras watching you... the pay to authorize your used game purchase, and so on... well, it's not good. If it's all wrong, if it's all lies, then Microsoft should be out making the truth crystal clear.

If half of the negative reports about the new Xbox are true... Sony needs to do the opposite, and then take a huge loss on the systems themselves and they could possibly shut the new Xbox out for this round.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
E3 will seal the deal. If Sony comes out and mentions that the PS4 will play used games and doesn't require an internet connection then they'll win, plain and simple. I think they may have already announced something like that but it doesn't hurt to put it out there again.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2013
✟7,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I bought the WiiU on launch and I don't regret it but I have been underwhelmed. My wife and I are big Xbox players but I'm not happy with the XboxOne. The always on feature is a big killing point for me. Last gen I was a PS player all the way and I crossed over for Xbox. Next gen I think it's back to the PS, especially if it's undercutting the cost of the XboxOne by $200.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 10, 2013
✟7,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
E3 will seal the deal. If Sony comes out and mentions that the PS4 will play used games and doesn't require an internet connection then they'll win, plain and simple. I think they may have already announced something like that but it doesn't hurt to put it out there again.

I think I read that they are leaving it up to developers.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I am an avid gamer and have been faithful to Xbox for about a decade. I am planning on jumping ship this Christmas and getting a PS4.

The always on internet bugs me but is not a deal breaker.

The used game issues is a huge deal for me. I cannot afford to pay $70 for a game that keeps me entertained for a couple of weeks at the most. The only games that have the re-playability that price tag requires have been the Borderlands series. But Sony is kind of dodging the question by leaving it up to the developers.

The Kinect really bothers me. I currently have a Kinect for the 360 and keep it unplugged just because I hate the way the videos I am watching jump around, stop, pause, fast forward or jump to the home screen because the characters on screen says something that the Kinect picks up on. Add in the privacy concerns that an always-on camera connected to an always-on internet raise and I am running away screaming.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sony pretty much nailed it. The fact that Microsoft canceled their Q&A is a big red flag that they can't handle the tough questions and they know they have a disaster on their hands. Sony and Nintendo are the clear winners, at least to me.

Upvote 0