Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Wow, we finally got there! Now that wasn't so hard admitting your personal interpretation/opinions are not absolute, and are subject to error. I am sure no one thinks the less of you. I sure don't. You keep saying that I told you that you were wrong regarding Romans's 3. I don't recall doing so. Could you show what post number I was to have said that. Thanks
You either agree with me or disagree with me. If you agree, that’s awesome. Now we know that Mary was a sinner just like the rest of us. However, if you disagree with me, then show me how my understanding of Romans 3 is wrong. It’s really that simple.

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You either agree with me or disagree with me. If you agree, that’s awesome. Now we know that Mary was a sinner just like the rest of us. However, if you disagree with me, then show me how my understanding of Romans 3 is wrong. It’s really that simple.
Disagree 100 percent because you have failed using your very own doctrine of solar scriptura where any passage in the bible that said The Blessed Virgin Mary ever sinned. As I said earlier, follow timothy u and mine discussion regarding Romans's 3. Feel free to pine in if you like. Take a look at post # 389 and see.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Disagree 100 percent because you have failed using your very own doctrine of solar scriptura where any passage in the bible that said The Blessed Virgin Mary ever sinned. As I said earlier, follow timothy u and mine discussion regarding Romans's 3. Feel free to pine in if you like. Take a look at post # 389 and see.
It doesn’t matter if I use sola scriptura or not. If you agree with me (regardless of where I get my info), great. If you disagree, you’ll have to show why I’m wrong (regardless of your source). Right now it just looks like you disagree, but can’t really say why, so you play these silly games of distraction. Maybe I’m wrong, though, and you really can give me the proper understanding of Romans 3. So far, though, you’ve just wasted a lot of time.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,520.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First off, where does it say in the bible, "We are to never stop seeking, even when He is found?" Chapter and verse please.
You think you can sum up God upon meeting him? Seems to me that is a life long endeavour.

Secondly, in the Bible it says "No one seeks for God," (Romans 3:11). That's an absolute isn't it?
No. It is an absolute only on the side of those who are of the world and not of the Kingdom. Context.

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You think you can sum up God upon meeting him? Seems to me that is a life long endeavour.

Well timothyu, as a sola scripturist, you should know what I think matters not. As a sola scripturist you should know what matters, is what the bible actually says, right? And something else as a sola scripturist, it should also be most disturbing when people try to add words to what they think the bible says, right? So again, it's not what I think, because for a sola scripturist, what's important is what the bible actually says.

No. It is an absolute only on the side of those who are of the world and not of the Kingdom.

I am pretty sure timothyu that Romans 3:11 does not say.... "No one seeks for God, except only on the side of those who are of the world and not of the Kingdom." So I have to ask....when Romans 3:11 says, "No one seeks God." Are you telling me that "no one" does not actually mean no one? That "no one" is not an absolute?

So you are probably starting to wonder the significance me bringing up Romans 3:11. Well the reason being is, when I asked you where Romans 3:23 says that all have sinned, and if "all' is an absolute, you answerd with a yes, it is an absolute. So if Romans 3:23 is an absolute, then "no one" in Rom 3:11 must be an absolute as well,,,, right? So, when Protestants/ Sola Scripturists who says Romans 3:23 means everyone, without exception, has sinned, cannot be seeking God in his or her life because Romans 3:11, according to their methodology of interpreting Scripture, says that absolutely no one is seeking God.

Can you not see the dilemma here, either the Protestant is not seeking God in his or her life, or the Bible is lying...at least, according to the Protestant interpretation. The only other possibility timothyu, is that the words, "no one," are not being used in an absolute sense. And, if they are not being used in an absolute sense, then it can be argued that the word "all" in 3:23, is also not being used in an absolute sense. Which shoots a hole in the argument about Mary.

Have a Blessed Day!

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It doesn’t matter if I use sola scriptura or not. If you agree with me (regardless of where I get my info), great. If you disagree, you’ll have to show why I’m wrong (regardless of your source).

Sure it matters Hammster. Reason being, you being an adherent to the belief of the doctrine... Sola Scriptura. (belief in the bible alone) A doctrine that says everything one needs to know about the Christian faith can be found within the pages of the bible, right? And that the Bible Alone is sufficient as a sole rule of faith. (a unbiblical and man made doctrine I might add) A doctrine I disagree with wholeheartedly.

So you see Hammster, as a Sola Scripturist, the burden falls on you, using the Bible alone, to prove that The Blessed Virgin Mary sinned by showing the book, chapter and verse saying she did. Something you have yet to produce. So yes......it does matter. ;)

Right now it just looks like you disagree, but can’t really say why, so you play these silly games of distraction. Maybe I’m wrong, though, and you really can give me the proper understanding of Romans 3. So far, though, you’ve just wasted a lot of time.

Yes, I already informed you that I disagree, at least three times. No, I am not playing "silly games." As I have mentioned to you, (again) at least two times in my past three or four posts, look into my discussion with timothyu, starting with post 389 where we are discussing Romans 3. And by all means, (like I said before) feel free to participate.

Have a Blessed Day!

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sure it matters Hammster. Reason being, you being an adherent to the belief of the doctrine... Sola Scriptura. (belief in the bible alone) A doctrine that says everything one needs to know about the Christian faith can be found within the pages of the bible, right? And that the Bible Alone is sufficient as a sole rule of faith. (a unbiblical and man made doctrine I might add) A doctrine I disagree with wholeheartedly.

So you see Hammster, as a Sola Scripturist, the burden falls on you, using the Bible alone, to prove that The Blessed Virgin Mary sinned by showing the book, chapter and verse saying she did. Something you have yet to produce. So yes......it does matter. ;)

Yes, I already informed you that I disagree, at least three times. No, I am not playing "silly games." As I have mentioned to you, (again) at least two times in my past three or four posts, look into my discussion with timothyu, starting with post 389 where we are discussing Romans 3. And by all means, (like I said before) feel free to participate.

Have a Blessed Day!
So you don’t have an answer. All you had to do was say so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,520.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No response to the rest of my post?
No because it is moot without no one applying to all. There are those of the world and those of the Kingdom, a point Jesus (and Paul) continually made. That passage referred to those of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are not God. Why would you pray to somebody that you don’t really know if they are in heaven or not. To think that they are or not is assuming. Because we have no way of knowing if even Mary is in heaven.
I am reasonably certain that Jesus did not leave His mother in her grave. We also have several thousand witness that she has appeared to them. There is a also a significant difference between praying and worshiping.

Upvote 0