Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of whether someone views Jesus as God he said pray to the Father.

1 Cr 15:27 For he (God the Father) hath put all things under his (Jesus) feet. But when he (God the Father) saith all things are put under him (Jesus), it is manifest that he (God the Father) is excepted, which did put all things under him (Jesus)

And since all things are under Jesus and Jesus says pray to the Father its good to do, whether you regard him as God or captain, or Christ or all of the above.

I notice when you quote a command of Jesus folks need to answer for whether he is God even while trying to take his words out of the picture and displace them onto another, its weird to watch.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Regardless of whether someone views Jesus as God he said pray to the Father.

1 Cr 15:27 For he (God the Father) hath put all things under his (Jesus) feet. But when he (God the Father) saith all things are put under him (Jesus), it is manifest that he (God the Father) is excepted, which did put all things under him (Jesus)

And since all things are under Jesus and Jesus says pray to the Father its good to do, whether you regard him as God or captain, or Christ or all of the above.

I notice when you quote a command of Jesus folks need to answer for whether he is God even when trying to take his words out of the picture and displace them onto another, its weird to watch.
That is correct. He said to pray to the Father. Absolutely. What do you mean? I am not asking anyone to answer a certain way but how they feel. The Bible is the only one who is right, really. If their answer matches that, then it is on point.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In a sense, yes He did because He has been given the same rank as God.
Well, no, He never actually petitions or prays to Himself. He does pray to the Father. But never to Himself.

Which is why your argument is void. Because we do pray to and petition Christ. Yet, taking your own logic to its natural end, we could argue that as Christ never worships Himself or prays to Himself, we should not do so, either. Yet we realize that this is not correct.

In the same way, the reasoning of “Christ never prays to His Mother in Scripture, so neither should we”, falls apart. Because, frankly, sadly, this is the same type of logic used by Muslims to attack the Deity of Christ.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, no, He never actually petitions or prays to Himself. He does pray to the Father. But never to Himself.

Which is why your argument is void. Because we do pray to and petition Christ. Yet, taking your own logic to its natural end, we could argue that as Christ never worships Himself or prays to Himself, we should not do so, either. Yet we realize that this is not correct.

In the same way, the reasoning of “Christ never prays to His Mother in Scripture, so neither should we”, falls apart. Because, frankly, sadly, this is the same type of logic used by Muslims to attack the Deity of Christ.
Is God not the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? Oops! My logic just became valid again.
I am not a Muslim and do not know about all that but there is no Biblical support for us to pray to Mary. Only to the Father. Jesus told us to pray to the Father in His name. There is nothing VOID about my claim.
I have said before, I am not disrespecting Mary in any way. I honor her for who she is and love her for who she has given us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is God not the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? Oops! My logic just became valid again.
I am not a Muslim and do not know about all that but there is no Biblical support for us to pray to Mary. Only to the Father. Jesus told us to pray to the Father in His name. There is nothing VOID about my claim.
There is, though. If we take your logic and aim it at whether or not Christians should pray to Christ, because we never see Christ pray to Himself, neither should we.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
?......... It's a simple yes or no question that could have a bearing on our discussion, so I don't understand your reluctance.
It’s a simple request as to why you are asking. So I don’t understand your reluctance.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is correct. He said to pray to the Father. Absolutely. What do you mean? I am not asking anyone to answer a certain way but how they feel. The Bible is the only one who is right, really. If their answer matches that, then it is on point.

You keep editing your answer, and then added a question after and more after lol. What I meant is that you could quote Jesus all day, he could tells us to do this or that, for example, for us to pray to the Father, but folks will find ways around doing that and then it reverts to Mary and then how some obscure ancient tradition has Jesus praying to Mary and how (because of that) its okay to pray to her (disregard Jesus words) and then its usually reduced (somewhere along the line) to do you not beleive that Jesus is God? And you are inspected for standing behind Jesus words. Its just weird to watch. I probably could have put that better, the whole dog chasing its tail thing.

I shouldn't have jumped into this thread though, I do that when I am bored sometimes. Continue on ...

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we are to model ourselves after Jesus Christ and imitate His life by doing what He did while He was alive, would praying to Mary be something we would do?
Here’s your original quote.

If we take that logic and aim it at whether or not Christians should pray to Christ, as Christ never did this, neither should we.

Reactions: CleanSoul
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
— Romans 3:23
listing Scriptures without understand what they mean does not refute the truth. All have sinned through Adam. Mary was born without original sin. Do you actually think that the Mother of God could be a sinner?

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All right, let's walk throughout the land asking each and every single person to pray for us, in addition to asking Mary to tell Jesus about our desire, and also pray to Jesus to ask for our desire. The more heads we have asking Jesus for our desire on our behalf, the more guaranteed we will recieve what we wanted, right?

Wrong, we should solely pray to only Jesus, as the ONLY mediator between ourselves and the Father, exactly as the Bible says.

And I'm not going to let the false claim that Mary was without sin slide. Because the Bible says that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and I believe the Bible is true.
Once again I have to explain what that verse is saying, it is saying all have sinned through Adam. We all have original sin but Mary was born without original sin, she is without sin which is why the angel is able to speak the truth that she is FULL of grace. Full leaves no room for sin. And the Mother of God is not going to have any sin, God would not allow His son to be born to a sinner.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mary was not without sin. She was a virgin, but Jesus Christ is the only human being who knew no sin. The Bible is clear on that. Mary did not die a virgin either. I mean no disrespect, but that is just the truth.
And of course you can provide evidence for all that you say, so please proceed to do so. God would not allow the Mother of God to be a sinner that much should be obvious to anyone.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The pastor is alive and on earth. That is the difference. Prayer is for the living done by the living. Mary is not Omnipresent. There is no reason to think that Mary can even hear prayers.
Is there any reason to believe that she cannot? If the saints can hear prayers as indicated in the book of Revelation why would you think that Mary would not be able to hear prayers?

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Astroqualia

Born-again Truthseeker
Feb 5, 2019
FL
✟11,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty sure our Lord spoke to and asked His mother things.

That's what prayer means, "to ask". When our Catholic and Orthodox brethren ask the saints to pray for them, that is what they are doing--asking the saints to pray for them. It is a prayer request.

-CryptoLutheran
Asking and praying are not the same thing. When I ask a cashier for change, I am not praying to them. When I ask a question on a website, I am not praying. Be careful embracing unsound ideas about Christianity.

Upvote 0

Astroqualia

Born-again Truthseeker
Feb 5, 2019
FL
✟11,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Once again I have to explain what that verse is saying, it is saying all have sinned through Adam. We all have original sin but Mary was born without original sin, she is without sin which is why the angel is able to speak the truth that she is FULL of grace. Full leaves no room for sin. And the Mother of God is not going to have any sin, God would not allow His son to be born to a sinner.
You can twist the words the Bible actually directly says in order to make valid your manmade catholic doctrine if you wish, but I will be believing what the Bible says. It doesn't say "for man has a sin nature", it says "for all have sinned". There are other verses strewn about as well that shows every human has sinned and will sin except Jesus.

Grace has nothing to do with sin, either. I would recommend looking up the definition of the word "grace" for more info.

The reason why our churches are in a heavy, blatant state of apostasy is largely because of people reading a very clear, concise sentence in scripture and instead of seeing "God is love" like the words say, they see something like "God allows us to sin as much as we want and still be saved" instead of "God is love". This is not the correct way to understand scripture, making it say what you want. It says what it says, we should read what it says, instead of reading things it does not say into it.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,455.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes we do.
You are mistaken.
among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of Zebedee’s children. Matthew 27:56

61 And Mary Magdalene was there, and the other Mary, sitting opposite the sepulcher. Matthew 27:61
But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Mag′dalene.
John 19:25​

Mary the wife of Clopas is the mother of James and Joseph. She is said to be the sister of Mary, Jesus' mother, because Clopas is the brother of Joseph. Two sisters of the same parents would not both be named Mary.
Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary and his brethren James and Joseph, and Simon and Judas? Matthew 13:55
None of those are called sons of Jesus' mother Mary. They are Jesus' brothers because they are Joseph's sons, and their attitude towards Jesus is consistent with being His older brothers. If they had grown up in the same household with Jesus as their eldest brother, their attitude towards Him would have been totally different, since with Joseph gone, Jesus would have been their head.
It is safe to say that since Mary was married to Joseph that she had relations with him since consummation of a marriage was a common practice and instructed by the Lord.
It is safe to say, that Joseph being a pious man, knowing that Mary's womb had contained God, would be unlikely to put his sperm where God had been sitting for nine months.
It clearly says she had son's besides Jesus.
Scripture only refers to Jesus as Mary's son. No one else.

• Winner
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,455.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Asking and praying are not the same thing. When I ask a cashier for change, I am not praying to them. When I ask a question on a website, I am not praying.
Actually you are. That is the historical meaning of the word. It is considered archaic now but that is what it meant when the Scriptures were first translated into English.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Our Lord taught "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die." (John 11:25)

Those who have fallen asleep in the Lord, though dead in the body, are yet still alive in Christ. The saints who have gone on before us are not dead and distant; as the Scriptures declare, "We are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses" (Hebrews 12:1). We are surrounded by the saints who have come before us, they and we together are in communion by our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Both of my parents have since gone to be with the Lord. But they are not dead, buried, and forgotten--they are alive in the presence of the Lord; and I am confident of their continued prayer and love for me, my brother, and the rest of my family. Same with my grandparents. Same with my aunts who have passed. Same with all the saints, from Abraham to Moses to John the Baptist, Mary the blessed mother of our Lord, and all the saints throughout history.

We should be comforted in this. We have an indivisible family in Christ, a life that death cannot sunder. Christ has beaten death, and while we must wait for the Last Day when our Lord returns and the dead are raised; yet even now God's life unites us together--all of us--in Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

"Though he die, yet shall he live." Those are our Lord's words of comfort to the grieving Martha.

-CryptoLutheran

Yet we know that we cannot pray and repent in death. It will not save us. It will not help us. These things must be done in life to have any lasting effect.

Christ, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him that was able to save Him from death, and was heard in that He feared, Hebrews 5:7

For godly sorrow is not to be repented of, but worketh repentance unto salvation; but the sorrow of the world worketh death.2 Corinthians 7:10

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Asking and praying are not the same thing. When I ask a cashier for change, I am not praying to them. When I ask a question on a website, I am not praying. Be careful embracing unsound ideas about Christianity.
Why not, pray tell?

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It’s a simple request as to why you are asking. So I don’t understand your reluctance.

As I said in a earlier post, the reason knowing if you are seeking God in your life could have rationality in your belief and understanding of Romans 3:23, which would help me understand why you believe the word "all" is an absolute in this passage. So once again, it is a very simple question that requires a simple yes or no answer.

Have a Blessed day!

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
listing Scriptures without understand what they mean does not refute the truth. All have sinned through Adam. Mary was born without original sin. Do you actually think that the Mother of God could be a sinner?
Um, yes she was. But I’ll listen to your evidence.

Upvote 0