Was the attack on Pearl Harbor justifyable? (you may choose two)

• Yes

• I am unsure

• No

• I do not care

• Where the hell did my sandwich go?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wroth

Superman
Feb 3, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
✟16,584.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Greens
ab-
Agrippa said:
The atomic bomb saved both Japanese and American lives.

I'm just gonna lend a bit of factual support to this...

/me busts out his History textbook and quotes:

"In 1945, on Iwo Jima, Japanese defenders had to be dug out of their defensive positions one by one. At the end of that battle, some Japanese injected themselves with poison while others, including women and children, leaped from the cliffs into the sea rather than be captured. Only 216 of the 50,000 defenders were taken alive, at a cost of 6,000 American dead."

Well, tell me, if they defended their outlying posts this fervently, what do you think they would have done when the Allies reached their homeland?

And then this:

"In Manila, General MacArthur began assembling the invasion forces to go ashore on Honshu in December. No one looked forward to the million American deaths expected during the assault on the Japanese home island."

And I wish I had more hard info to give you but we're learning the rest of this unit on Tuesday... we ended just short today :(

And as for Pearl Harbour, the real issue of this thread - I feel it was totally uncessary as the American Pacific Fleet was in defensive mode and not going to aid the Imperialists in the Pacific.

As to the US supplying material to the Brits - so what? They were allies with the British but would not, no - COULD NOT, get involved with the war as the American public had been promised that they would not be involved in another oversees war by the President. When Japan attacked Pearl, they awoke the "Sleeping Giant" and brought the war with the Americans upon themselves as well as the consequences.

Upvote 0

Key Of David

Oct 23, 2003
Lexington, SC
Visit site
✟10,064.00
Faith
Christian
NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit said:
LOL to what? Do you have nothing better to do with your time than annoy me or is your life really that sad? I cry for you :cry:
Nope....but I will stand up against anything anti-American and anti-Jew. You're trying to plant little seeds you obviously have let manifest inside you. I don't like it. You can ban me...you can edit me....you can accuse me....you can call me anything you want (as you have had no trouble in doing), but I won't let lies and hatred like yours easily spread in my country and around Christian areas. Keep it in your own country...its famous for them.

Upvote 0
To the Administrators: Will you please bann Key Of David from this thread as well as deleting his posts. He has obviously not read my original post stateing that this idea is simply something I was thinking about and do not believe it myself. Also, he has continually accussed me of being a NAZI which has no factuality and I find very offensive. I am sorry but he honestly is a fool. It is not my choice that he is but I can not stop him from being one.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
NiemandheißtBoshaftigkeit said:
I never said that they did not value their lives. I said basically what you did only in fewer words. I fully realize what their beliefs were and respect those beliefs very much. I respect those beliefs to the point that I wish America was the same instead of fat cowards whom I wish would only realize how well off they are.
You said they wanted to die. They did not want to die, but because of their culture they felt they had to die, that it was necessary.
You know very little about Americans. There were many Japanese who thought Americans were soft as well. They were very surprised to find out that the Americans were tough and courageous fighters. The fighting on and around Guadalcanal was some of the most ferocious fighting the world has ever seen. After the Japanese had virtually wiped out all of the US Navy's ships in surface fighting around the island, one night in November 1942 they brought in a force which included two battleships to bombard the marines on Guadalcanal. Two US admirals led a ragtag force of cruisers and destroyers and charged directly into the Japanese column of ships, fighting them at pistol range. The US admirals knew what their chances were, and virtually every ship in their force was sunk or put out of action. Admirals Scott and Callaghan were both killed on the flag bridges of their cruisers. The Japanese never bombarded the marines that night, and the battleship Hiei was so damaged it had to be scuttled the next morning.
In battle after battle the Japanese came to understand that the American fighting man was anything but soft, and anything but a coward.

Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

Supreme_Arbiter

Activating brain cells
Feb 14, 2004
I live on the edge of oicumena
✟7,792.00
Faith
Atheist
Key Of David said:
Nope....but I will stand up against anything anti-American and anti-Jew. You're trying to plant little seeds you obviously have let manifest inside you. I don't like it. You can ban me...you can edit me....you can accuse me....you can call me anything you want (as you have had no trouble in doing), but I won't let lies and hatred like yours easily spread in my country and around Christian areas. Keep it in your own country...its famous for them.

Let's keep this site Christian and for all of those who accosiate America and Israel, let me just say that it would be much better if you attached Israel's flag to you name, so we all know what your prerogatives really are. Most of people who participate in this discussion really believe in free expression as a good citizens of whether UK or USA and believe me, I'm not going to make an exception for jews, especially when it comes down to discussing what they've done to people among which they live, to what they're still doing and to what they wiil do, unless being stopped. We don't promote Torah or Talmud here that consider the rest of a mankind just a "cattle", meant to serve jews. So please do not accuse us of being intollerant and if you do, maybe you better start with yourself.

Upvote 0

Key Of David

Oct 23, 2003
Lexington, SC
Visit site
✟10,064.00
Faith
Christian
Supreme_Arbiter said:
Let's keep this site Christian and for all of those who accosiate America and Israel, let me just say that it would be much better if you attached Israel's flag to you name, so we all know what your prerogatives really are. Most of people who participate in this discussion really believe in free expression as a good citizens of whether UK or USA and believe me, I'm not going to make an exception for jews, especially when it comes down to discussing what they've done to people among which they live, to what they're still doing and to what they wiil do, unless being stopped. We don't promote Torah or Talmud here that consider the rest of a mankind just a "cattle", meant to serve jews. So please do not accuse us of being intollerant and if you do, maybe you better start with yourself.
Using phrases like, "I hate Israel!" in German is not something society should take lightly. Call me silly...but that's how the whole thing started is it not? Also calling someone such names that the forum's filter censors it...isn't exactly being Christian. I think you're confused here.....especially on your comment about the Torah and the Talmud. I don't believe in the Talmud but I do believe in the Torah and resent your calling God's Word intollerant and exclusive. God brought the Torah to everyone through Jesus Christ.

Also, about my flag. I'm an American....would you prefer someone change his flag everytime he/she is on the subject of another country? Maybe you are not aware of the fact that America, Britain, and Israel are allies at the moment. Are you saying you can't be an American and take up for Israel? Are you saying you can't be a Jew and be an American? What was your reason for telling me to change my flag?

Upvote 0

Supreme_Arbiter

Activating brain cells
Feb 14, 2004
I live on the edge of oicumena
✟7,792.00
Faith
Atheist
Key Of David said:
Using phrases like, "I hate Israel!" in German is not something society should take lightly. Call me silly...but that's how the whole thing started is it not? Also calling someone such names that the forum's filter censors it...isn't exactly being Christian. I think you're confused here.....especially on your comment about the Torah and the Talmud. I don't believe in the Talmud but I do believe in the Torah and resent your calling God's Word intollerant and exclusive. God brought the Torah to everyone through Jesus Christ.

Also, about my flag. I'm an American....would you prefer someone change his flag everytime he/she is on the subject of another country? Maybe you are not aware of the fact that America, Britain, and Israel are allies at the moment. Are you saying you can't be an American and take up for Israel? Are you saying you can't be a Jew and be an American? What was your reason for telling me to change my flag?
Because American and Israeli interests are opposite. What Americans get for supporting Israel beside the fact there more and more people around the world hate US? Name me one thing why is it worth it?
Allies - what are you talking about? Britain opposes Jewish genocidal practises against Palestinians so does the France. If I didn't know that you simply being good representative of your country - an arrogant person, I'd probably think that you have some bad intention behind making Americans look like fools. But I guess I can't be too hard on you, I just wished that you'd know the times when it's better not to say anything, rather than just make fun of itself. There is a saying - better keep its mouth shut than to open it and remove all the doubts !

Upvote 0

Key Of David

Oct 23, 2003
Lexington, SC
Visit site
✟10,064.00
Faith
Christian
Because American and Israeli interests are opposite. What Americans get for supporting Israel beside the fact there more and more people around the world hate US? Name me one thing why is it worth it?
Allies - what are you talking about? Britain opposes Jewish genocidal practises against Palestinians so does the France. If I didn't know that you simply being good representative of your country - an arrogant person, I'd probably think that you have some bad intention behind making Americans look like fools. But I guess I can't be too hard on you, I just wished that you'd know the times when it's better not to say anything, rather than just make fun of itself. There is a saying - better keep its mouth shut than to open it and remove all the doubts !
I tell you what.....you keep spreading the hatred and lies about Jewish people and I'll sit back and let you so I don't get caught up in your little name calling games. I just don't have the time for it. Lump Britian with France all you want to.....I suppose you also think Americans are FROM France! LOL I wouldn't doubt it if someone has actually convinced you of this....they've convinced you of other stupid lies. I'll just put you on ignore as well....and this won't have to continue. CLICK

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
TScott said:
You said they wanted to die. They did not want to die, but because of their culture they felt they had to die, that it was necessary.
You know very little about Americans. There were many Japanese who thought Americans were soft as well. They were very surprised to find out that the Americans were tough and courageous fighters. The fighting on and around Guadalcanal was some of the most ferocious fighting the world has ever seen. After the Japanese had virtually wiped out all of the US Navy's ships in surface fighting around the island, one night in November 1942 they brought in a force which included two battleships to bombard the marines on Guadalcanal. Two US admirals led a ragtag force of cruisers and destroyers and charged directly into the Japanese column of ships, fighting them at pistol range. The US admirals knew what their chances were, and virtually every ship in their force was sunk or put out of action. Admirals Scott and Callaghan were both killed on the flag bridges of their cruisers. The Japanese never bombarded the marines that night, and the battleship Hiei was so damaged it had to be scuttled the next morning.
In battle after battle the Japanese came to understand that the American fighting man was anything but soft, and anything but a coward.
LOL, we are misunderstanding each other. Ok, the Japanese wanted to die RATHER than surrender. Also, I was not speaking of "the greatest generation" I was speaking of modern America. My grandfather (great-grandfather to be exact) was on a battleship in th US Navy during WWII. I know the curage of any man whom risks his life, reguardless of if he was conscripted or volunteered. I hope this clarifys my meanings. :)

Upvote 0
To Key of David: Have you confused SA and me? I think you might have. Anyway, using the phrase "I hate Israel" is appropriate because I do. Also, calling someone arrogant and foolish is not un-Christian especially if that person is acting arrogant and foolish.

To SA: Why are Americans "lost souls"? I am American and do not have the typical American views but I also do not agree with everything you post, so....

Upvote 0