WW1 Firearms

HunterJon

The trees of today, are the stumps of tomorrow
May 4, 2004
Thurmont, MD but currently at Virginia Tech
✟15,472.00
Faith
Protestant
OK, we all know that the Garand was the rifle of the second world war, but WW1 is still a debatable topic so.... what is everyones favorite World War 1 infantry rifle. Mine would probably have to be the Short Magazine Lee Enfield, I have one these and they are the fastest, most accurate, and most durable bolt action rifles ever built. How bout yall.....

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I will agree with SMLE I have two of them too. But I also like 98 Mauser. This action is still used to this day in custom rifles. And come to think of it I got two them too. Fact is I have a Russian Gun to., but not from that war.

How about pistols? there is a real good selection on that topic. 1911 Colt, Luger in it's many configrations.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
My grandfather was a sniper with the Canada Corp. The Canadian troops were forced to use the Ross rifle, a great hunting rifle that would seize up under repeated use. It was forced on the military by Sir Sam Hughes, the Canadian minister of defence.

I remember my grandfather saying he would rather shoot Sir Sam, the British officer corps and finally the enemy, in that order. The Canadians used to pick up the Lee Enfields off of dead British soldiers.

Upvote 0