Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No, the connections to the lab have been proven to be false. All of the data conclusively shows this came from a natural source, not a man made one. If you feel the need to hate China & the Chinese, use one of Trump's excuses. This one is DOA.

This isn't about human denials, it's about the molecular, biochemical and genetic signature of the virus.

At least we have an answer to your other thread about where the hatred comes from.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, the connections to the lab have been proven to be false. All of the data conclusively shows this came from a natural source, not a man made one. If you feel the need to hate China & the Chinese, use one of Trump's excuses. This one is DOA.

This isn't about human denials, it's about the molecular, biochemical and genetic signature of the virus.

At least we have an answer to your other thread about where the hatred comes from.

Do you have a reliable source for this proof ?I am open to whatever factual evidence you can provide. I am genuinely curious to know what the facts are and am not predisposed to any conclusion. .

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

“There’s no proof the coronavirus accidentally escaped from a laboratory, but we can’t take the Chinese government’s denials at face value.”

What a vacuous statement...

There’s no proof that Donald Trump molests teenage girls every weekend, but we can’t take his denials at face value.

See?

Yeah, but the thing is that the leftist media would report it as "Trump accused of molesting teenage girls every weekend" and in the body of the article that followed it would cite only one single anonymous source supposedly close to something or someone and many here would take that as proof that he was proven guilty. Trusting a totalitarian government's claims is foolish but assuming that the opposite is true is unwarranted without proof. So I would agree that we can't take anything the Chinese government says at face value but I would not then assume that some other theory of what occurred must therefore undoubtedly be true. The only thing certain is that this virus originated in China and that it was exported because the Chinese government was not vigilant or prepared or sufficiently competent to deal with it correctly.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟987,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a reliable source for this proof ?I am open to whatever factual evidence you can provide. I am genuinely curious to know what the facts are and am not predisposed to any conclusion. .

Sure, but this is like the 5th time I have posted it.
COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30418-9/fulltext

That second in particular links to numerous other studies, but in a nutshell, the most important thing is this:

The viral spike has a set of 8 extremely important amino acids which are responsible, working together, to bind to the ace2 receptor and allow virus entry. COVID19's binding motif is novel, it has never been seen before, and if y9uo run it through the predictive algorithms we have, it is predicted to be a poor binder of human cells, not the super binder it is. Moreover, we have a number of other motifs we do know about from other coronaviruses which we already know are good binders, so if you were going to make a virus, you'd use one of them. There's no way you could find a novel motif from the 54 billion possible combinations when the one in the virus has a poor computer prediction.

There's a number of other compelling biochemical and genetic arguments for this being natural, but that's one of the top ones.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The virus definitely came from a Wuhan research facility that was studying the bat Corona virus.

As an addendum to my previous post...I could see the possibility of a naturally evolved coronavirus that was being studied being released (however, I have my doubts about that, as well; there is evidence it didn't come directly from bats). I was mainly referring to the claim that it was engineered or weaponized/modified.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟987,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
The virus definitely came from a Wuhan research facility that was studying the bat Corona virus.

Your video comes from the same YouTube blogger used as the source for the OP's National Review article. True or not, it doesn't provide additional evidence.

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your video comes is the same YouTube blogger used as the source for the OP's National Review article. True or not, it doesn't provide additional evidence.

OB

The source is always best.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think the most probable scenario is that it leaked from the lab, but its origin is not in the lab, they were just studying it and making some experiments on it.

If somebody wanted this to be a real weapon, they would do some other modifications or used more deadly viruses as basis.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the most probable scenario is that it leaked from the lab, but its origin is not in the lab, they were just studying it and making some experiments on it.

If somebody wanted this to be a real weapon, they would do some other modifications or used more deadly viruses as basis.

Unless they wanted it to be as deadly as it is ie: not 100 percent lethal but very infectious and kills a smaller percentage.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

What experiments were they making on it, do you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Unless they wanted it to be as deadly as it is ie: not 100 percent lethal but very infectious and kills a smaller percentage.
And use it on their own people first, harm their economy, then quickly close the lab, lie about the real numbers of dead in their country etc?

It really looks rather like a stupid accident.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And use it on their own people first, harm their economy, then quickly close the lab, lie about the real numbers of dead in their country etc?

It really looks rather like a stupid accident.

Nothing I said forbids an accident happening. Re-read it.

Intentional weaponizing, accidental leak.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am not an expert, I only build on what some experts said about it.

Alrighty, then I'd be keen to hear about what experiments they were making on the virus that the experts you built upon said.

Upvote 0