WTC disaster briefly explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
When an Islamic terrorist group attacked the US on 9/11 they hoped to kill as many Americans citizens but also to topple the US government and the world economic system. Out of this chaos, they, the Islamic terrorists, like the Nazis in the 1930s, would emerge to create a new world order based on their radical ideology. Its a mad and murderous plan.

Why did they do it? The Muslim/Arab world for a variety of reasons, most of them misguided IMHO, blame their economic, political, and social problems on America. Why did they succeed? Because the terrorists took full advantage of America's goodwill and its peace-time democratic system. Its happened before. In 1941, the Japanese used this to good effect to attack the US Navy at Pearl Harbor.

If we want to look at the spiritual. Read the book of Job first. Know that disaster can fall on good people. Let us not judge the victims so easily.

It is a little bit easier to guess what satan hopes for. As always, he hopes to *drive* people further away from God. The devil hopes that people will talk more about him, *his plans* and *his purposes* and less about the Saving Gospel of Jesus. The evil one hopes that instead of love, forgiveness, and hope we will instead harbor the spirit of hate, revenge, and fear.

Yet instead, as an influence of this disaster already we see more and more people coming to grips with the central problem of human life- all of us will die sometime. More people are coming to churches. What do they need to hear? Our speculations on the plans of satan or the Salvation Plan of Christ?

Afganistan now lies in ruins. Their nation and people are in great need. Pray now for Christians to work amongst the Muslims there - to demonstrate the love of Christ not by words alone. Perhaps, if we succeed, this will open the door to spread the Gospel in the Middle East and the rest of the Muslim World.
(James 2:14-17)

I dont understand how you can be so intolerant of other faiths.

most of them misguided IMHO

Misguided? What? How?
They believe in their holy book/scriptures like you do.
Osama Bin Laden hates the US because of its huge christian population. He, along with many 3rd world coutries sees the US as bullies. Like in Vietnam and Korea. The USA intervined in foreign politics which really had nothing to do with them.

Perhaps, if we succeed, this will open the door to spread the Gospel in the Middle East and the rest of the Muslim World.

This makes me feel sick. You want to convert millions people to your own religion, simply because they are muslim?
How would you like it if you were in the minority, and hundreds of muslim preachers came over to Austalia and tried to turn you away from something you have ultimate faith in?

I am not attacking your christian views, I just cant believe you can be so intolerant and one sided in your views.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Imagineer,

Maybe you are atheist, but not everyone is. A "intolerance of other beliefs" may be to blame for why you are apparent lashing out at Yau.

Fundamental Christian Belief

"I (Jesus speaking) am the way, the truth, and the life- no man cometh unto the Father except through me" John 14:6

Christian doctrine teaches that Christ is the only way to heaven. Yau probably wants to get the good news out to these "mislead" Arabs. The path to God is Jesus, and they are lead off track. You being an atheist, I can expect that you'll have a problem with this too....

But even if 100's of Muslim preachers came to me- I would ask questions and probe at them and try and convince them that they are seriously mistaken. Choosing Christ is a matter of life or death and therefore I would help them as best as I could.

P.S.- I have heard but can't confirm that there is scripture in Isaiah dealing with towers falling which can be related to the attack. Can you confirm this?

Upvote 0
Me being an atheist has **** all to with this.

You think that Jesus is the path to salvation, im not denying you dont think this, and im not saying that i know that you are wrong. But by using your own religion as an argument against another is rediculous.
Muslims believe just as strongly has you do that they are right, if not more. You cannot simply say they are wrong because we are right.

Please tell me how you can be so amazingly intolerant of someone else's beliefs.

They believe you are just as mislead as you think they and I am. Is it impossible for a theist to see from someone elses point of view?

Of course I have problems with Muslim fanatics. But I have problems with you too.

You can be more tolerant and believe in god and jesus. You obviously dont know what its like to be in a minority. If you go on holiday to somewhere like Malasia you will understand.

Upvote 0
Luke 13:1-5
1 Now on the same occasion there were some present who reported to Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were {greater} sinners than all {other} Galileans because they suffered this {fate?}
3 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
4 "Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were {worse} culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem?
5 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."
(NAU)

Somethings are not a judgement. We will all die. The death raitio is still one per person. The saved die, the unsaved die. The judgement to worry about is after death.

We know that prophecy is getting set up to be fullfiled. God knows how it's going to happen and all that but we are still exercising our free will and with satans influence and God's protecting power it will come to pass as God planned before creation. We are to preach the gospel in season and out. We are to earnestly contend for the faith and all that.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by imagineer
What has that got to do with WTC?
What did your bashing of Yau have to do with WTC? Nothing, but it's still being posted none the less.

The fact is that we will all be judged one day. And anyone who does not let Christ be Lord of their life will perish and be thrown into the "lake of fire." You may not like that either, but it will remain and when you come face to face with your creator I hope you remember this post I wrote to you. You have been told the truth, but refuse to believe it. What can I do about it? Nothing. But when you meet God face to face be afraid for He is holy and righteous and will judge you fairly. Christ is the only acceptable sacrifice on our behalf- not Allah, not Budda (sp?) only Jesus saves, because only Jesus is real and the true God.

My question still stands on the Isaiah thing.

Upvote 0

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
Originally posted by Yauming
If we want to look at the spiritual. Read the book of Job first. Know that disaster can fall on good people. Let us not judge the victims so easily.

Who is saying that this was judgement on the people in the tower or even on America? I haven't heard anyone say that (did I overlook something? Possible... :) )

Upvote 0
What did your bashing of Yau have to do with WTC?

He was being totally intolerant of the people who carried out the attacks.

Thankyou Christianity! You have just shown me how ignorant and intolerant you really are!
Its a wonder why anyone believes in the first place.

Reactions: capcurious
Upvote 0
Originally posted by imagineer
What has that got to do with WTC?

Dear Imagineer,

So you say that you are an atheist. Can you explain to me, why two hundred or so prophecies of the Old Testament have come to pass? Can you explain, to me, why many New Testament prophecies have already come to pass, with certain others, still yet to come. No man, through out man's history, has ever accomplished the prophecies that have been outlined in both the Old and the New Testament. I once read that, through out the state of Texas, if somebody was to bury one dollar coins separated by one foot apart, and one of those coins was to be specially marked, no one in the world could find that specially marked coin. However, Jesus has been able to accomplish all the prophecies thus far.

While there is no one single prophecy that has ever come out of the Islam religion!!

Let's compare Hebrew/God with Allah

God is knowable~~~Allah is not!
God is personal~~~Allah is not!
God is spiritual~~~Allah is not!
God is Trinitarian~~~Allah is unitarian.
God limits Himself~~~Allah does not!
God is trustworthy~~~Allah is not!
God is love~~~Allah is not!
God is Grace~~~Allah is works.
These are just a few of the many differences.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son for whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I think that the God that you don't believe in has you here for a reason.

Amen!

And imagineer, listen man. Please don't just ignore what we have to say because you do no agree with it.

Lend an ear my friend, God'll show you some amazing things. Be prayin' for ya man.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I will pray for you too. I am glad that you are here!

About the WTC attacks.....

The first thing that came to my mind when this terrible tragedy happened were other religions.

Did any of those other religions receive comfort from their God???

How about the people that have made astrology their God did it offer them comfort???

This is what sets Christianity apart Jesus Christ is real and he is still alive. It is a real experience.

You have not lived until you have received comfort and hope from the living God!

God Bless,
Roberta

Upvote 0
Christianity has the honor of being the only belief system that worships a resurrected Lord.
1 Cor 15:3-8
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep;
7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles;
8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.
(NAU)

Upvote 0
Originally posted by sbbqb7n16
What did your bashing of Yau have to do with WTC? Nothing, but it's still being posted none the less.

The fact is that we will all be judged one day. And anyone who does not let Christ be Lord of their life will perish and be thrown into the "lake of fire."

This isn't "fact" to be fact it needs indisputable evidence supporting it, can you show me this evidence?

[QUTOE]You may not like that either, but it will remain and when you come face to face with your creator I hope you remember this post I wrote to you. You have been told the truth, but refuse to believe it. What can I do about it? Nothing. But when you meet God face to face be afraid for He is holy and righteous and will judge you fairly. Christ is the only acceptable sacrifice on our behalf- not Allah, not Budda (sp?) only Jesus saves, because only Jesus is real and the true God. [/QUOTE]

How do you know he is the true god? How do you know Allah isn't the true god, or maybe Vishnu? BTW Buddah isn't a god, he is just the person who started the religion, there is no god to Buddhists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Holycanaan

Dear Imagineer,

So you say that you are an atheist. Can you explain to me, why two hundred or so prophecies of the Old Testament have come to pass? Can you explain, to me, why many New Testament prophecies have already come to pass, with certain others, still yet to come. No man, through out man's history, has ever accomplished the prophecies that have been outlined in both the Old and the New Testament. I once read that, through out the state of Texas, if somebody was to bury one dollar coins separated by one foot apart, and one of those coins was to be specially marked, no one in the world could find that specially marked coin. However, Jesus has been able to accomplish all the prophecies thus far.

While there is no one single prophecy that has ever come out of the Islam religion!!

Can you please show me some of these profesies and when they came to pass? Also, the bible is not to be used as examples of these being fulfilled, I want evidence from an independant source. And that Texas thing is simple statistics, the amount of coins needed would be so huge that the chances of finding it would be infintesimal. The marking on the coin may get rubbed off, it may not be noticed so thrown away. If coins were burried throuhout the state and it was found in a week I'd convert to a religion.

Let's compare Hebrew/God with Allah

God is knowable~~~Allah is not!
God is personal~~~Allah is not!
God is spiritual~~~Allah is not!
God is Trinitarian~~~Allah is unitarian.
God limits Himself~~~Allah does not!
God is trustworthy~~~Allah is not!
God is love~~~Allah is not!
God is Grace~~~Allah is works.
These are just a few of the many differences.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son for whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

You have given me a poor charecter comparison which proves nothing either way. And would a loving god really kill so many people or let them suffer for eternity?

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Liam,

God is a loving God, but God is a Holy and just God. He detests sin and has to punish it otherwise He wouldn't be holy anymore!

There are many prophecies fulfilled....
Check out http://www.konig.org

The fact about Texas being covered would be infintesimal is the whole point!! The probability of Jesus fulfilling all the Old Testament prophecies is supposedly comparable to the chance of finding that coin!!

HolyCanaan has only given a list of simple differences between the two, thus disproving that both gods are the same. The only proven God is that of the Bible.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Liam Slater
Can you show me (indisputable evidence) proving it?
...How do you know he is the true god?
My evidence comes from a book well-attested to by many scholars-it's called "Revelation" it's at the back of another well-known collection of books called the "Holy Bible"

So far the prophecies show that all prophecies in this book "The Bible" have and are coming to pass which leads me to believe that the ones that haven't yet will happen if given enough time. However if you give me some "scientific evidence" proving there isn't a God, wait a while. Science changes every week. The Bible hasn't changed in 1000's of years and is still being proved true today- sometimes mind you even by your own scientists. If you can have this reputation with your evidence, please let me in on it because I would love to hear about it. :)

P.S. You said to be fact it needs indisputable evidence. According to (I think Plato) "That which we are acquainted with can be assumed to be truth." I have been acquainted with God through His actual presence and influence on my life therefore allowing me to assume Him to be true. As for you- you obviously haven't met Him yet. May I introduce you to a friend of mine named Jesus- He died for you you know? And He's knocking at the door of yout heart as we speak...just let Him in and talk to Him for a while. You will believe in Him as well. :D

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Liam Slater

You have given me a poor charecter comparison which proves nothing either way. And would a loving god really kill so many people or let them suffer for eternity?

~~~LiamSlater~~~

I assume that you are aware that you do not answer a question with a question, however, to accommadate you, I have Biblical propheies supported by historical incidents. If you are in doubt, you can check them in any historical or Encyclopedia books.

The destruction of Jerusalem by Babylon ~ It was prophesied in Jerimiah 25:11-12. about 586BC and fulfilled about 605BC.

The destruction of Jerusalem by Rome ~ Prophesied by Matthew 24:1-2. about 30AD was fulfilled 70AD

The Jews would regain control of Israel ~ Prophesied by Amos 9:14-15 written 750BC was fulfilled 1948 ~ However, more precisely in 1968, when Israel gained control of the Eastern half of Jerusalem from Jordan.

The Jews would be scattered worldwide ~ Deuteronomy 28:64 Written: perhaps 1400BC Fulfilled: 721BC, 586BC, 70AD, 135AD

Even the famous historical writer, Josephus, wrote about the prophecies and fulfillments of Jesus Christ the Son of God.

I am not going to sit here and enumerate two to three hundred prophecies ~ It will be up to you to seek the truth of God!! On the other hand, if you wish me to help you ~ I will be more than glad to do so. With the guidance of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. For God does not wish for ANYONE to perish!

"What kind of God would cast His creatures in hell?" Ummm...What kind of police man puts a killer in Jail? A MIGHTY GOOD ONE! Fools make a mock at sin...(Proverbs 14:9)

Even nature has its own rules for us to survive. If we fail to follow those rules we will perish, because we have broken the laws of nature. How much more can we expect if we fail and break the laws of our loving God and creator of all things. If a person does not wish to conform to the belief of the almighty God and His existence, that person can certainly reject Him but for certain when the time comes He will reject that individual and to hell he or she will go.

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that BELIEVETH ~ not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." ~~John 3:36

Upvote 0
Originally posted by sbbqb7n16
Dear Liam,

God is a loving God, but God is a Holy and just God. He detests sin and has to punish it otherwise He wouldn't be holy anymore!

There are many prophecies fulfilled....
Check out http://www.konig.org

The fact about Texas being covered would be infintesimal is the whole point!! The probability of Jesus fulfilling all the Old Testament prophecies is supposedly comparable to the chance of finding that coin!!

HolyCanaan has only given a list of simple differences between the two, thus disproving that both gods are the same. The only proven God is that of the Bible.

~~~Sbbqb7n16~~~ :) PRAISE THE LORD AND THANK YOU "JESUS"

Thank you my brother for intervening and helping make things more clearly understood. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.