Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I listened to all three, the two in the article and the one posted by @Go Braves and he clearly, very clearly says, "And I have...."
And I have a very good, clear headset I'm listening with.
Maybe Mrs. Huckabee-Sanders is hard of hearing. At least I hope that is her problem and not that she is lying.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I actually heard "I'd probably" but I am hard of hearing and don't trust myself in these areas. Regardless, I think to make a big "FAKE NEWS" claim over this is not correct. The audio is not some kind of slam dunk for the White House. It's ambiguous as we've seen on this thread.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As much as I dislike Trump, I'll come to his defense here some. Even if the audio does sound like he said what the WSJ said, it's a silly thing to attack him on. It was a slightly unclear pronunciation. Other than a slight chuckle at things like that, I think it's silly to attack people for misspeaking. Sometimes the words that come out of our mouths aren't what we really intended them to be - dropping a vowel, accidentally substituting one word for another, etc.

That said, Trump's reaction is pretty childish too.

• Agree
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
We have audio confirmation that the media (in this case, the Wall Street Journal) is correct and Trump/Huckabee-Sanders's claim is false.

I'm sure we're going to see condemnation of Trump/Huckabee spewing "Fake News" from the OP. We'll be waiting patiently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As much as I dislike Trump, I'll come to his defense here some. Even if the audio does sound like he said what the WSJ said, it's a silly thing to attack him on. It was a slightly unclear pronunciation. Other than a slight chuckle at things like that, I think it's silly to attack people for misspeaking. Sometimes the words that come out of our mouths aren't what we really intended them to be - dropping a vowel, accidentally substituting one word for another, etc.

That said, Trump's reaction is pretty childish too.
I agree with you and I despise Trump as much as anybody not named Clinton. Even if he said “I”, he can have benefit of doubt.

Now, y’all be witnessing cow451 being nice about the President.

In other news, NOAA is forecasting a cold Spring in Sheol.

• Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0