• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wrong words at the wrong time from an imature therapist

heaLsEarch

Supporter
Jan 12, 2016
/
✟68,115.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I was confident I would never be suicidal again for years and I still am not. Since the beginning of this month however, the phrase from a therapist I was seeing for several years made me realize I can go back to that state without God's special help. My male psychiatrist makes me feel sick now and my therapist turned out to be a non clinical psychologist. License is not everything, but therapists and pharmacists (especially those in their 30s and above) can be the worst kind of comedicals out there where I live. Does anybody relate?

(In honor of my psychiatrist, he never came after me or anything. He seems to believe he can heal me by attracting me to him though which makes me feel sick. Otherwise he is the kindest and dedicated psychiatrist I've ever seen. )

Last edited:

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know. I only recently sought medical attention and haven't seen the doctor yet. I went to the first appointment which was to assess my condition, but I haven't been given any medication yet. That comes in my next appointment I think.

I'm not looking for any miracle at the clinic though. I will go there because I have to, in order to please the requirements of this world, but in reality my real hope is in fellowship and faith. I believe that is my best medicine.

Upvote 0

heaLsEarch

Supporter
Jan 12, 2016
/
✟68,115.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Suicide is kind of infectious and maybe psychiatric clinics or hospitals are the worst place in the world.

I've also started considering applying for another disability this month.

Have to go now, but thanks for your quick response. (-:

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I was confident I would never be suicidal again for years and I still am not. Since the beginning of this month however, the phrase from a therapist I was seeing for several years made me realize I can go back to that state without God's special help. My male psychiatrist makes me feel sick now and my therapist turned out to be a non clinical psychologist. License is not everything, but therapists and pharmacists (especially those in their 30s and above) can be the worst kind of comedicals out there where I live. Does anybody relate?

(In honor of my psychiatrist, he never came after me or anything. He seems to believe he can heal me by attracting me to him though which makes me feel sick. Otherwise he is the kindest and dedicated psychiatrist I've ever seen. )

It is not appropriate for any health professional to encourage you to be attracted to him or her; seriously, not professional and not ethical.

This is a massive red flag; can you find someone else?

Upvote 0

heaLsEarch

Supporter
Jan 12, 2016
/
✟68,115.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
If he wants to attract you to him, that sounds really damn weird. I'd go to someone else. That doesn't sound professional or healthy at all, no matter how kind or nice.

It is not appropriate for any health professional to encourage you to be attracted to him or her; seriously, not professional and not ethical.

This is a massive red flag; can you find someone else?

The psychiatrist knows my discomfort and allows me to see a pharmacist he's hired who specializes in psychiatric drugs who I believe knows how to prescribe meds better than general psychiatrists. It seems psychiatrists with conscience are hesitant to prescribe meds in general which is lot better than prescribing anything as requested. The psychiatrist is providing a pretty advanced treatment by hiring a special pharmacist.

The therapist also greatly help me sort out my past, but that's everything she's good at. I need to talk about the present and the future. I can't risk trusting her or even any psychologists any more.

My insomnia got a little better after seeing a pharmacist so as soon as it settles, I may better seek a lady psychiatrist which will be a difficult thing since I've never heard of psychiatrists working with special pharmacists. My insomnia could easily worsen.

What a depressing post this is. It makes me laugh...

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The psychiatrist knows my discomfort and allows me to see a pharmacist he's hired who specializes in psychiatric drugs who I believe knows how to prescribe meds better than general psychiatrists. It seems psychiatrists with conscience are hesitant to prescribe meds in general which is lot better than prescribing anything as requested. The psychiatrist is providing a pretty advanced treatment by hiring a special pharmacist.

The therapist also greatly help me sort out my past, but that's everything she's good at. I need to talk about the present and the future. I can't risk trusting her or even any psychologists any more.

My insomnia got a little better after seeing a pharmacist so as soon as it settles, I may better seek a lady psychiatrist which will be a difficult thing since I've never heard of psychiatrists working with special pharmacists. My insomnia could easily worsen.

What a depressing post this is. It makes me laugh...

If you are in the US, look for a new doctor now. Pharmacists are not legally allowed to prescribe medicine and shouldn't because although they know the medicine, they are not taught to treat the human body. A nurse practitioner (NP) and a physician assistant (PA) are legally allowed to prescribe medicine but not a pharmacist. And the bit about you finding the doctor attractive is VERY inappropriate UNETHICAL behavior and talk. He could ( and maybe should ) lose his license over talk like that. There is a reason why your doctor associates with therapists who are not licensed...and that should be a red flag. Licensing does matter in that it requires the therapist to meet a certain level of integrity and can be held accountable for that integrity. I am sorry that you find yourself in this situation but please look around before it becomes a dangerous situation for you instead of just an "uncomfortable" one. Also, consider reporting the doctor to the state and letting his peer decide if he is safe to be seeing patients.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi,

Your therapists don't sound very healthy and could be causing more damage than anything else. Is it possible for you to get a new therapist that can maintain boundary issues, treat you respectfully, and help you work on your problems?

Faithfully,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums