Visit site
✟9,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am interested in learning more about writing Christian. Not having been a Christian for that long I would love to talk to others who write and how you come up with song ideas. I want to do some more worship type songs that maybe I can play at church occasionally. God Bless

PRAYZR

Dec 14, 2007
✟15,223.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am interested in learning more about writing Christian. Not having been a Christian for that long I would love to talk to others who write and how you come up with song ideas. I want to do some more worship type songs that maybe I can play at church occasionally. God Bless
Every worship or praise song I have written (4-5 so far)has developed pretty much the same way.I will wake up with a chorus,or several repetitious lines running thru my head. ex: "mountains shake kingdoms fall you are Lord over all"...(these lines are inspired by The Holy Spirit,I believe)..
then I grab my acoustic and begin to work out verses and bridge along this above mentioned theme.

Also,with increasing frequency,in our services at church,I will just begin to sing out lyrics that come to me while we play the chorus of another song.these lyrics are a part of the 'theme' of the day as it is continued by the spoken message.it is awesome to see the Holy Spirit 'choreograph' a meeting !
there are Christian musicians,and then there are Prophetic Psalmists.the latter is a ministry gift,or 'office'.
if interested,PM me for some researchable websites into this amazing gift.
this gift is beginning to resurface in the Body Of Christ,and will be more and more prevalant as things intensify spiritually in this world.

Upvote 0

stevendrake

Veteran
Feb 14, 2008
In duh hollers uv kintackey
Visit site
✟9,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Every worship or praise song I have written (4-5 so far)has developed pretty much the same way.I will wake up with a chorus,or several repetitious lines running thru my head. ex: "mountains shake kingdoms fall you are Lord over all"...(these lines are inspired by The Holy Spirit,I believe)..
then I grab my acoustic and begin to work out verses and bridge along this above mentioned theme.

Also,with increasing frequency,in our services at church,I will just begin to sing out lyrics that come to me while we play the chorus of another song.these lyrics are a part of the 'theme' of the day as it is continued by the spoken message.it is awesome to see the Holy Spirit 'choreograph' a meeting !
there are Christian musicians,and then there are Prophetic Psalmists.the latter is a ministry gift,or 'office'.
if interested,PM me for some researchable websites into this amazing gift.
this gift is beginning to resurface in the Body Of Christ,and will be more and more prevalant as things intensify spiritually in this world.
I am interested. Very much so. I have some acoustic pieces I am working on. I feel I hesitate to write lyrics because I need guidance. I have written a (in a nutshell) witness song and a rebuke song so far. Not exactly the praise song I am hoping will present itself through this music and me. I am a Metal head in the music sense. My roots are what they are. But... unlike before the music that goes with the words of praise and worship I hear now move me. Not a music style I would have ever liked before. It is the whole that just totally moves my heart. Like "Love the Lord". Or "Amazing Love"... an experience I could never have imagined. I would never have imagined playing that song before, let alone make me feel such emotion. Kinda strayed from the point, but not really... I just would like to get to the point of conveying my love for God in that way.

Upvote 0

PRAYZR

Dec 14, 2007
✟15,223.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am interested. Very much so. I have some acoustic pieces I am working on. I feel I hesitate to write lyrics because I need guidance. I have written a (in a nutshell) witness song and a rebuke song so far. Not exactly the praise song I am hoping will present itself through this music and me. I am a Metal head in the music sense. My roots are what they are. But... unlike before the music that goes with the words of praise and worship I hear now move me. Not a music style I would have ever liked before. It is the whole that just totally moves my heart. Like "Love the Lord". Or "Amazing Love"... an experience I could never have imagined. I would never have imagined playing that song before, let alone make me feel such emotion. Kinda strayed from the point, but not really... I just would like to get to the point of conveying my love for God in that way.
stevendrake-Good to speak with you !!
research (Google) International House of Prayer or 'Tabernacle of David' for good scripturally based info on prophetic psalmistry.
you, being created with musical giftings,are a 'priest' of sorts. you are sensing/perceiving a desire in your spirit to minister to The Lord.if you will use your gift and minister first to Him,He will begin 'birthing' songs/lyrics thru you.He will direct you and open a 'platform' to minister 'reconciliation' to the lost people of the world.The Bible states that we have been given the ministry of reconciliation.your gift,if used properly,will draw people to Christ(The Holy Spirit working with you).
The Apostle Paul exhorted Believers to 'speak to one another in songs,hymns, and SPIRITUAL SONGS(three distinct things).your gift will edify the Body of Christ as well,if used properly.
MY ADVICE: take time to regularly be alone,ministering to God with your instrument.ask Him to begin to 'birth' spiritual songs thru you. ask Him to teach you and prepare you as a priest(musically). when you begin to get a few lines,just speak them out(or sing them out).musically,just play as you feel led.
MY OPINION: to grow in this gift(and whatever others may be in you),BE WISE as to what spiriual environment you are allowing yourself to be exposed to.seek out a local church that: 1.believes the Gifts of the Spirit are for today(not done away with)2.allows/teaches/encourages/trains believers to discover and begin developing their spiritual gifts.(this is assuming you do not already attend this sort of local church).
I am not trying to tell you to up and leave whatever church you may be in now,but in my long and colorful experience in ministering music,it would be well worth it to seek Gods guidance.unless you firmly believe you are in the Lords will now.if so,ask God to equip you as much as possible where you are at..
If you ever minister prophetically in music,and see firsthand the effect on peoples lives(and your own)you will recognise the difference in the power of God and a 'form' of power.
There is a denomination called 'The Vineyard' Church.there has been alot of anointed(by God) rock based worship music coming out of this denomination for some time.expose your spirit to this sort of music.we are what we 'eat',right?

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like songs that are complicated, but most churches know from trial and error that a high percentage of the congregation likes songs that are simple. Complex chords are easier to build in than complex timings and syncopation. Write the melody in a key your lead singer can handle, and that will probably be the same range your congregation is accustomed to.

Provide musical notation for the congregation if you can -- the importance of this is is usually ignored, probably because of copyright terms, but it is SO helpful for the congregation to see what they're singing before they have to sing it.

Don't be afraid to use scriptures for lyrics. It's God's Word, and it's powerful. Yes, it's been done, but hey -- out of 2,000 pages there must be something new to add.

Upvote 0

PRAYZR

Dec 14, 2007
✟15,223.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I like songs that are complicated, but most churches know from trial and error that a high percentage of the congregation likes songs that are simple. Complex chords are easier to build in than complex timings and syncopation. Write the melody in a key your lead singer can handle, and that will probably be the same range your congregation is accustomed to.

Provide musical notation for the congregation if you can -- the importance of this is is usually ignored, probably because of copyright terms, but it is SO helpful for the congregation to see what they're singing before they have to sing it.

Don't be afraid to use scriptures for lyrics. It's God's Word, and it's powerful. Yes, it's been done, but hey -- out of 2,000 pages there must be something new to add.
Hey Heron !!
How ya doin'?? long time no post...do you still have those groovy sideburns ??!!

Upvote 0

stevendrake

Veteran
Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
✟9,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heya, PRAYZR!
:wave:
Actually, I did use some scripture in mys songs. In "Scrape" my rebuke of Satan I used Romans 16:20 and there are other scriptural references as well. I think the second is about Satan disguising himself as an angel of light. Some paraphrasing for timing but hopefully still within the right meaning. Some references I knew and some I found during the writing of the song. Not what I would call a "praise and worshp" song though. Which is what I hope I will be able to write soon.

SCRAPE

Don’t cast your eyes on me,
We’ve finally reached the end,
All you’ve been to me,
A thorn stuck in my head
Say it’s all for me
So you can watch me bleed again
All things you offer me
Your mind the curse of me
(1)My father king of peace
Will crush you under feet

(Chorus)
Stand down from me, God sound your defeat
(2)No light, deceive, Your lies enemy
Scrape the drowning from my plate
I won’t feed you a life of hate
Scrape the drowning from my plate
I don’t need you I walk by faith

All the poison that you feed, Decay the roots you seed
Blackened monsters you create, Misery’s call your bed is made
Needles stick me to the bone, All the lies that you call home
Embers smolder in my brain, You destroy OH he will save

(Chorus) (Lead)

(Break)
Take these lies you feed me
I don’t need what I can’t eat
I have victory
Bread of life gave life to me

You Kill the sheep with fallacy
Rot with lies hypocrisy
Numbered are the days of reign
I’ll see you beat and under chains
Feel the awe of your defeat
One day you’ll kneel and will concede
Ever slipping from your hands
Death of plague upon the man

(Chorus)

Thank you for your input though. All things I will put in my direction box and trust God to help me put the pieces together. I always start into a new song in prayer.

God Bless

Upvote 0

stevendrake

Veteran
Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
✟9,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
stevendrake-Good to speak with you !!
research (Google) International House of Prayer or 'Tabernacle of David' for good scripturally based info on prophetic psalmistry.
you, being created with musical giftings,are a 'priest' of sorts. you are sensing/perceiving a desire in your spirit to minister to The Lord.if you will use your gift and minister first to Him,He will begin 'birthing' songs/lyrics thru you.He will direct you and open a 'platform' to minister 'reconciliation' to the lost people of the world.The Bible states that we have been given the ministry of reconciliation.your gift,if used properly,will draw people to Christ(The Holy Spirit working with you).
The Apostle Paul exhorted Believers to 'speak to one another in songs,hymns, and SPIRITUAL SONGS(three distinct things).your gift will edify the Body of Christ as well,if used properly.
MY ADVICE: take time to regularly be alone,ministering to God with your instrument.ask Him to begin to 'birth' spiritual songs thru you. ask Him to teach you and prepare you as a priest(musically). when you begin to get a few lines,just speak them out(or sing them out).musically,just play as you feel led.
MY OPINION: to grow in this gift(and whatever others may be in you),BE WISE as to what spiriual environment you are allowing yourself to be exposed to.seek out a local church that: 1.believes the Gifts of the Spirit are for today(not done away with)2.allows/teaches/encourages/trains believers to discover and begin developing their spiritual gifts.(this is assuming you do not already attend this sort of local church).
I am not trying to tell you to up and leave whatever church you may be in now,but in my long and colorful experience in ministering music,it would be well worth it to seek Gods guidance.unless you firmly believe you are in the Lords will now.if so,ask God to equip you as much as possible where you are at..
If you ever minister prophetically in music,and see firsthand the effect on peoples lives(and your own)you will recognise the difference in the power of God and a 'form' of power.
There is a denomination called 'The Vineyard' Church.there has been alot of anointed(by God) rock based worship music coming out of this denomination for some time.expose your spirit to this sort of music.we are what we 'eat',right?
Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate it. I am after all just a babe having only been saved for a year or so now. Still trying to get some of my bearings and all (not doubts or anything just learning). Also, I am Blessed with a loving and genuine church. Took me a few visits to different churches before I felt like I found where I was being led. I am very opinionated and selective about doctrines and such. Denomination is not necessarily my point though. If the Word is taught and not opinions is my point. That make sense? But... the music and worship were right up my alley anyway and they said they had been praying for a guitar player and I was soon elected for the part. haha, Made me awefully nervous at first. I own a twelve string but had never attempted any hymns or worship songs. Well out of my "then" comfort zone. Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to speaking again.

God Bless

Upvote 0