✟44,884.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a ministry where you can find addresses of shut-in's or the elderly people who would love to receive a letter or card in the mail? They are usually pretty lonely, and would love to receive an encouraging note!

Thank you in advance for your help! I have tried finding resources online, but nothing really showed up.

God Bless!

Jonathan

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a ministry where you can find addresses of shut-in's or the elderly people who would love to receive a letter or card in the mail? They are usually pretty lonely, and would love to receive an encouraging note!

Thank you in advance for your help! I have tried finding resources online, but nothing really showed up.

God Bless!

Jonathan

Jonathan what a wonderful idea, which must come from a wonderful heart.
I do not know of any groups currently do this but I do have an idea for you.

Contact an assisted living facility in your area, “assisted living” because the Seniors are usually in better physical shape and could be able to write and interact with those writing to them; whereas, in a nursing home the residence could be in a more grave condition. Either way would work however, since there will be some elderly people in both who would be able to read and write for themselves without assistance. Nevertheless, contact the director of the facility – do not contact just anyone but instead contact someone who can make this decision, which will give you a greater potential for success – contact the director, explain your idea and ask him or her if they could talk with the residents about whom might be interested and put together a list of their names and the address to which you should write them.

I exhort you to be committed if God allows this to prevail and you begin. People can be fragile at the end of their lives and what they don’t need is to begin to look forward to something and then have it not manifest. Some elderly have every few visitors or little to look forward to and we must be faithful to our commitments to them once we have begun.

God speed!

This response comes from someone who has been in Fulltime Christian Ministry for 20 years and I long to help those who have misguided or misdirected by ‘wolves in sheep’s clothing’.

Upvote 0

billiebo

Dec 6, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand you want to give back to your elders. I run a non-profit organization called Love For The Elderly, which can be found at lovefortheelderly . tk. So many elderly citizens in our nation have no one to care for them, no one to look after them, no one to love them. We are here to change that. Love For The Elderly is a small, non-profit organization that collects anonymous letters of kindness and distributes them to elderly citizens throughout America.

We are all about giving. Designed as a way for seniors to feel loved and appreciated, people nationwide write and send us letters and cards written anonymously, which we then distribute to various retirement homes, hospitals, and senior centers. :)

Upvote 0

Kazza Ah-O

On a Journey
Oct 6, 2014
Ipswich Queensland, Australia
✟8,699.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Hi jdw. I love your idea. Have you considered letting your church know? And the churches of any friends? Surely they would have names & addresses of members who are home-bound. Some my be reluctant to share such information.....scam artists & the like that may take advantage of the situation. I would suggest you pray the Lord go before you to prepare the way.

Would you please post if your idea gets going? I'd love to hear about your ministry doing this.

Upvote 0