✟7,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello all!
I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping I can find an answer to my question.
I'm a musician and I'm working on writing songs. The thing is that they are not necessarily 'Christian' or 'religious' songs. Some of them do have hidden meanings in them concerning my faith, but they don't explicitly mention Gods name. So, here's my question: As a Christian, am I supposed to be writing praise and worship songs? Or can I write about other things as well? It has just never really been my writing style to write songs like Chris Tomlin or Casting Crowns. Whenever I sit down to write, I let my feelings and emotions do the writing and the songs just don't come out like praise and worship songs normally are. I ask this because I am very serious about music and I'm aspiring to have my music put out there and be signed to a music label one day. But my girlfriend wants me to play Christian music and I always tell her that my music just doesn't sound like that, so I probably wouldn't be signed to a Christian label. Should I be? Personally, I don't think it's a big deal that my songs aren't like typical worship songs. I think it's all in the reason why we write songs that make them what they are. Anyways, any answers would be extremely helpful!