• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Wrath of God...

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by Aabbie James, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Aabbie James

Aabbie James Maintain love and truth in perfect balance

+469
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What is it, and has it dropped off the radar screen of christian preachers today?

Something that comes to mind is trusting God in His Word--bow the knee to the supreme authority in scriptures. God's display of wrath is "just justice." In other words, God's wrath is an exercise of His justice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+2,243
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    God's wrath on sin is what Jesus' death saved me from (Romans 5:9).

3. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,801
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Maybe the church growth experts would suggest that topic will not fill the pews...

4. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,801
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
  5. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,361
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    In my mind, the wrath of God is simply a position of God's that is displeasing, and results in negative consequences and the absence of God's protection and grace upon the object of that wrath. The ultimate form in regards to man is damnation.

It's dropped off the radar because many have returned to "feel good Christianity" which is nothing shy of semi-Pelagianism for the sake of befriending the world.

6. Aabbie James

+469
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yes. All Glory to God.

7. Aabbie James

+469
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yes, indeed.

8. JM

JM Particular Baptist Supporter

+3,098
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    I listen to preachers that tend to hit on all subjects including God's wrath.

9. Confused-by-christianity

Confused-by-christianity Well-Known Member

+320
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    I hear a lot of people talk about "The Wrath of God".
    Usually - when it's spoken about, it makes me think of ancient fear religion. Like throwing a human sacrifice into a volcano to make "god" happy and prevent him destroying the village. That type of thing.

I never actually believed God was like this though.

10. Aabbie James

+469
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Amen!

Preacher's should teach God's character as He has revealed Himself in His word, to understand God biblically and more deeply, to know God personally through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Glory to God alone, who is active in this world and in our daily lives, who cares about every aspect of our existence and invites us to welcome His guidance, grace, and love.

11. JesusFreak78

JesusFreak78 Reformed Baptist

+1,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I liked this article on God's wrath.
    The Wrath of God | Monergism