West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is it, and has it dropped off the radar screen of christian preachers today?

Something that comes to mind is trusting God in His Word--bow the knee to the supreme authority in scriptures. God's display of wrath is "just justice." In other words, God's wrath is an exercise of His justice.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is it, and has it dropped off the radar screen of christian preachers today?

Something that comes to mind is trusting God in His Word--bow the knee to the supreme authority in scriptures. God's display of wrath is "just justice." In other words,
God's wrath is an exercise of His justice.
God's wrath on sin is what Jesus' death saved me from (Romans 5:9).

• Winner
Reactions: BBAS 64
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In my mind, the wrath of God is simply a position of God's that is displeasing, and results in negative consequences and the absence of God's protection and grace upon the object of that wrath. The ultimate form in regards to man is damnation.

It's dropped off the radar because many have returned to "feel good Christianity" which is nothing shy of semi-Pelagianism for the sake of befriending the world.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my mind, the wrath of God is simply a position of God's that is displeasing, and results in negative consequences and the absence of God's protection and grace upon the object of that wrath. The ultimate form in regards to man is damnation.

It's dropped off the radar because many have returned to "feel good Christianity" which is nothing shy of semi-Pelagianism for the sake of befriending the world.
Yes, indeed.

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hear a lot of people talk about "The Wrath of God".
Usually - when it's spoken about, it makes me think of ancient fear religion. Like throwing a human sacrifice into a volcano to make "god" happy and prevent him destroying the village. That type of thing.

I never actually believed God was like this though.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I listen to preachers that tend to hit on all subjects including God's wrath.
Amen!

Preacher's should teach God's character as He has revealed Himself in His word, to understand God biblically and more deeply, to know God personally through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Glory to God alone, who is active in this world and in our daily lives, who cares about every aspect of our existence and invites us to welcome His guidance, grace, and love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusFreak78

Reformed Baptist
Feb 11, 2005
Minnesota, USA
✟35,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Something that comes to mind is trusting God in His Word--bow the knee to the supreme authority in scriptures. God's display of wrath is "just justice." In other words, God's wrath is an exercise of His justice.

I liked this article on God's wrath.
The Wrath of God | Monergism

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0