Wow! Obama Proposes a 7 Year Peace Treaty???????

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually, no, sorry to burst your bubble, but humans put the chapter and verse numbers in themselves. Not God.

Now I disagree with Jens on just about everything, but even I can see that he's talking about how God, through John, divided up the book into letters to 7 churches, judgements that involve 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 bowls of wrath, and various groupings of various other category of writing.

This is one of the most heavily structured and divided books of the bible — and doesn't even require a chapter and verse structure to see that! Take all the chapters and verses out, and just listen to it being read, and you'll STILL feel the weight of those divisions in the text itself.

Upvote 0

Jensghost

Dec 12, 2010
Close to Jesus
✟782.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Now I disagree with Jens on just about everything, but even I can see that he's talking about how God, through John, divided up the book into letters to 7 churches, judgements that involve 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 bowls of wrath, and various groupings of various other category of writing.

This is one of the most heavily structured and divided books of the bible — and doesn't even require a chapter and verse structure to see that! Take all the chapters and verses out, and just listen to it being read, and you'll STILL feel the weight of those divisions in the text itself.

Exactly correct.

God is the one that put seven seals on the scroll and filled the 7th seal with 7 trumpets and 7 bowls, etc.

And yes, even without chapter and verses, the divisions are still obvious.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, I agree with some of what you said. We are to watch by being ready at any moment.

Why? Surely your timetable has the Lord off a bit yet, so there's nothing to worry about. Let's just partaaeeey. :cool:

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hey, but you do. You've got the proof. 7000 years from 2 verses completely unrelated to each other. No, it's all good. Let's just partae like it's 1999 — even though we've got, what was it you said in the other thread - 230 years or something? So let's just partae like it's 1769 instead. :cool:

:clap: ^_^ :clap: :wave: :D :angel: Partae — because we know when the Lord is going to return and judge our neighbours and family and friends, and we don't have to evangelise too urgently. I mean, we might come across a bit... :liturgy:...
and we would not want that now would we?

So, I say, Jens is right and we can sit back and take it easy. Now, there's this barn down the back that I might pull down and rebuild bigger. Store up some grain, take life easy. There's also that house I want to build on the sand — oh, and I can finally get some sleep. Unlike those poor virgins who should have kept awake, I know I'm not going to get caught by surprise.

So peace dudes... Jens the man! He's solved all that eschatological angst for us. :bow: :bow:

Partae...

:clap::clap::clap: :cool:

Upvote 0

Jensghost

Dec 12, 2010
Close to Jesus
✟782.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
:p
Hey, but you do. You've got the proof. 7000 years from 2 verses completely unrelated to each other. No, it's all good. Let's just partae like it's 1999 — even though we've got, what was it you said in the other thread - 230 years or something? So let's just partae like it's 1769 instead. :cool:

:clap: ^_^ :clap: :wave: :D :angel: Partae — because we know when the Lord is going to return and judge our neighbours and family and friends, and we don't have to evangelise too urgently. I mean, we might come across a bit... :liturgy:...
and we would not want that now would we?

So, I say, Jens is right and we can sit back and take it easy. Now, there's this barn down the back that I might pull down and rebuild bigger. Store up some grain, take life easy. There's also that house I want to build on the sand — oh, and I can finally get some sleep. Unlike those poor virgins who should have kept awake, I know I'm not going to get caught by surprise.

So peace dudes... Jens the man! He's solved all that eschatological angst for us. :bow: :bow:

Partae...

:clap::clap::clap: :cool:

LOL! It was 6000; the church is removed at the last jubilee (trumpet) before the Day of the Lord.
And I'm all girl, no guy parts.
Smiley-bugeye.gif

:);):D:p:wave::thumbsup::amen::clap:^_^:kiss::hug::preach::liturgy::priest::holy::crossrc::crosseo::pray::prayer::groupray::bow::angel::yum::idea::blush::sorry::o:confused::doh:

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, missed that little pink symbol thing on the left. OK Jen, so 6000 years from when? How long till the Millennium? You said it in another thread somewhere, and I was surprised then to see you so definite on the fact that we had quite some time before the Millennium. If only we'd just discussed your numerology in the one thread, I might be able to track it back.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which is the greatest open (((abomination))) in GOD'S Sight!!!

Sure homosexuality is not what God designed us for, and is wrong in his eyes, but trying to tie it into some last days scheme... :doh:

There's a level of hysteria about your post that needs to take a Valium or 2. Calm down. Tell me this, is gay lust worse than a guy doing internet inappropriate content 'straight' lust? How about a little online inappropriate content? What about murder, is it worse than murder? Genocide? Hey, forget that... what about being rude to your parents?

Let's just check out the list of sins we see in these 'last days' (the time since Paul wrote this to Timothy 2000 years ago). 2 Timothy 3:
1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 23 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

I thought I'd pick disobedient to parents because it is such a trendy sin these days, but it actually breaks one of the big ones... Honour your mother and father!

It might be something to remember as you go looking for the 'God hates ****' church and shout abuse at Veteran's funerals. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jensghost

Dec 12, 2010
Close to Jesus
✟782.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, missed that little pink symbol thing on the left. OK Jen, so 6000 years from when? How long till the Millennium? You said it in another thread somewhere, and I was surprised then to see you so definite on the fact that we had quite some time before the Millennium. If only we'd just discussed your numerology in the one thread, I might be able to track it back.

No numerology, just adding up what God said happened when. Check out the thread here entitled God's 7000 year plan.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 11:37 (KJV) Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

It has just accurred to me what that means! What would be two of satan's greatest tactics to war against GOD,and His Creation(((namely-the fruitfull reproduction of humanity)))?? 1. Abortion:kill the babies, which is waring against that very first thing GOD Willed and Commanded for Adam & Eve to do:Genesis 1:28 (KJV) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
and, 2. Promote to totally destroy, twist,& pervert the natural union of wedlock between between a man & a women which makes having babies possible! and instead of honouring GOD'S Institution of marriage between a man and a women, honour an advacate (((gay-homosexual))) marriage!! the very polar oppossite & cause it to become openly, & "socially" exceptable! Which is the greatest open (((abomination))) in GOD'S Sight!!!
Genesis 3:16 (KJV) Unto the woman he said
, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and (***thy desire***) shall be to (***thy husband***), and he shall rule over thee.
It looks like we may have the very manifestation of an (((abomi-nation)))~~~in this~~~(((Obama-nation))) on our hands here!!!

It's true that Satan wants to twist and pervert everything that God created. That is why the world is so involved in gene manipulation in plants, animals, food and even people and DNA mingling between species. The same thing that happened before the flood.

But the Daniel 11:37 verse you quoted is actually making three statements about God. The middle statement "the desire of women" refers to every woman's desire (at that time) to be the mother of the Messiah.

So although the desire to be a mother in general is close, this verse is specifically referring to the desire to be the mother of God.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How so LastSeven? I don't see anywhere in Scripture that says we are to read the bible this way. There are other threads where I've tried time and again to get Jen to explain why the numbers are multiplied like that, and not 2 other sets of numbers at random.

Let me just preface this by saying that the Bible does not specifically tell us there are 7,000 years set aside for humanity. My assertion that this is true is based on a number of things including common sense. So I can't prove it to you, I can only tell you that this is what I believe to be correct.

First of all, it makes sense that God would give us 7,000 years for a number of reasons. You may have noticed that he tends to do things in sevens. You also may have noticed that the laws he gave the Israelites are quite often microcosms of something bigger. The feasts for example are representative of major events such as the crucifixion of Jesus and so on.

We also know that he told us to work for six days and then on the seventh rest. And he said "Remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy". So what better way to keep the last one thousand years on earth holy and to give us rest but to lock away Satan? (btw I also believe the half hour silence in heaven during the breaking of the seventh seal represents the millennium. Our time of rest. But I digress)

Although nowhere does the Bible specifically say our time on earth will be 7,000 years, Genesis 6:3 does say that God will only contend with us for 120 years.

3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

The Hebrew word used here for "humans" is actually the word "Adam" which means mankind, not any one particular man. This verse is not referring to the life span of a man since we know that in ancient days men lived up to 800 years on and Psalm 90:10 tells us that our life span is 70 or 80 years so how then can it be 120 years?

No, that 120 years can not be referring to our life spans. It is referring to the existence of humanity. To apply the 50 year Jubilee cycle is something that simply makes sense. Though it is not explicitly explained in the Bible so we can't be absolutely sure, but I believe it makes sense, especially when you see what's going on in the world today. It seems to me that something big is about to happen. We are ramping up to a crescendo right around the time that 6,000 years have expired.

I believe we're on the cusp of the start of the thousand years of rest.

As for being prepared because we don't know when that day will come, Paul also said that we are not in darkness that that day should come upon us like a thief. In other words, if you're paying attention you will have a pretty good idea when he's coming. But regardless of that, we all should be ready anyway because we don't know when our last day on earth may be. Heart attacks happen suddenly. So do car accidents. So regardless of whether you believe that we can know when Jesus returns, we should be ready.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No numerology, just adding up what God said happened when. Check out the thread here entitled God's 7000 year plan.

Good, and I hope we can limit this particular chronology to that thread because chronologies seem to be a dime a dozen these days. Everyone and their dog has one but no-one can tell me why they even feel entitled to have a timetable of Jesus return when he and the Apostles clearly state we will NOT know when he will return!

Upvote 0

Jensghost

Dec 12, 2010
Close to Jesus
✟782.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Good, and I hope we can limit this particular chronology to that thread because chronologies seem to be a dime a dozen these days. Everyone and their dog has one but no-one can tell me why they even feel entitled to have a timetable of Jesus return when he and the Apostles clearly state we will NOT know when he will return!

I'm big on exact words, eclipsenow.

No one said that we will not know when Christ will return. In fact we were given signs to watch for. We were told that Day would not surprise us like a thief. We were even told our departure would be before that Day begins.

What was said was that we will not know the day or hour.

Mat 24:36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Mar 13:32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Mat 25:13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi LastSeven,
I've replied to you over in the 7000 year plan thread as it is getting confusing having this subject scattered all through dozens of threads. This thread appears to have been about Obama's 7 year peace treaty, but has now been hijacked to discuss this weird 'human lifespan * Israeli Social Justice law = 7000 year plan for creation' chronology. It would probably be more appropriate to discuss this chronology in one place.

Regards

http://www.christianforums.com/t7522050-4/#post56413001

Upvote 0