NaivetyLost

May 25, 2005
Minnesota
✟143.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
So i was browsing through the post about intense scriptures...to me the Bible get's the most intense when I just sit back and go, "Wow, God is great" and there's no other way to describe what i've just read. So let's recount some of those moments.

My most recent moment like that was when I was reading Luke (i've gone back to basics, and Luke seemed like a good place to start) the other day, and I got to the part about Anna. She was doing her own thing at the temple, when suddenly she is enlightened to the fact that Jesus (i think she used the word salvation) was here in the world...didn't question it, or try to analyze it, just started telling people about it. That's a wow moment for me b/c in this day and age, I'm inspired when I read about a time where people accepted God's teachings and words w/o question.

NL

NaivetyLost

May 25, 2005
Minnesota
✟143.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
I agree Peter is pretty amazing....so is Abraham. It's always amazed me what he was willing to do for God. I think it would be very hard for me if God asked me to saccrifice Trenton...but that story about Abraham also shows that God is great b/c once Abraham had proved he was willing, God stopped him, and let his son live. I guess that could be a double wow moment, eh? :)

Upvote 0

jbarcher

ANE Social Science Researcher
Aug 25, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
✟10,136.00
Faith
Christian
For me, it has to be in the OT because of the ferocity and intensity of the prophets (part of that is how far removed we are from them). It was Jonah who responded to God with such intensity that he was essentially swearing...1 Kings 18:27 was quite shocking; now it's just funny--Elijah among his mockeries asks, "Is your god busy urinating?" (btw the word for 'urinating' is more rough) :D

Upvote 0

ertsky

Apr 21, 2005
✟206.00
Faith
Christian
Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Joh 14:17 the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He abides with you and shall be in you.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

these and so many more, indeed the entire book is saturated in wow moments and as Jesus is the word made flesh and is now living in my body (His temple) i guess that my life has become one big WOW!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.