Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Blizzard has put out alot of information about the Burning Crusades and even had the changes up in the public test realms for a while now. There has been alot of talk about nerf. What do you think?

I play two main classes Hunter and Mage. Arguably the loudest group of whiners in the game are the sometimes justified and often overlooked hunters. The beastmastery tree has been seriously tweaked compared to the others and alot of high end raiders are strongly concidering giving up marksman in favor of the new BM tree all the while complaining that they dont use pets in high end instances like Naxx. Personally I ran BM while leveling and then switched to marks as most do when I started raiding. A while back I switched back to BM just for kicks and to see if it was possible to raid high end with a pet. It most certainly is. While I like the new BM tree the one I'm most impressed with is the new Survivalist tree. I dont see this change as a nerf at all so far. I just made 60 on my mage so I dont have a big opinion on the new mage tree's yet, but will most likely stay frost though the invisability of arcane looks very nice! What do you guys think?

Quantum_Man

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
Long Island, NY
Visit site
✟18,677.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As a raiding shadow priest currently in BWL, I am very happy with the new priest talents and spells. I think the new patch should be implemented this upcoming Tuesday no? And with the patch are 41 pt talent trees! :D Mages are happy I know since they have a new talent that adds 25% of your total intellect to your +spell dmg.

Upvote 0

Controverse

Green Metal Ranger
Apr 16, 2006
Akinos District, Terra Haemosu, Atala
Visit site
✟12,062.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the new warlock demon pet is worthwhile-looking indeed. :D

Too bad I won't be playing one - I played one in the past and found it rather boring to be honest. Mage is much more fun to play around with, and that will only get amplified ten fold when BC hits.

Ark

Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, the new warlock demon pet is worthwhile-looking indeed. :D

Too bad I won't be playing one - I played one in the past and found it rather boring to be honest. Mage is much more fun to play around with, and that will only get amplified ten fold when BC hits.

Ark
As I said in my OP I just hit 60 with my mage. I leveled him pretty fast with the help of my guild and he's fairly twinked out. The problem with power leveling and twinking is you dont learn some of the tricks of the trade. Alot of people comment on how I play my mage alot like a hunter with single pulls and such.

Got any tips on maging and what about BC makes you like the new mage builds?

Upvote 0

Foolish_Fool

Wanderer
Jun 3, 2006
Here
✟19,855.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Really the only class getting nerfed will be the dps warrior. The rage normalization is murder. Warriors tanking will still be ok, and the new prot tree is really nice. Arms/Fury are getting nerfed hard thru the rage change and the new trees are unimpressive.

Luckily I have a warlock and druid to fall back on.

Upvote 0

Controverse

Green Metal Ranger
Apr 16, 2006
Visit site
✟12,062.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As I said in my OP I just hit 60 with my mage. I leveled him pretty fast with the help of my guild and he's fairly twinked out. The problem with power leveling and twinking is you dont learn some of the tricks of the trade.

Luckily, since I can take to any game I play like fish to water, this holds true for playing different classes from the beginning, despite my best characters being heavily twinked.

A lot of people comment on how I play my mage alot like a hunter with single pulls and such.

Go here:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mage_tactics

Check out the pulling strategies, as they should help you out a LOT when pulling.
Oh, and I was the one who wrote the Multi-Tree Pulling Strategies as well. :D
You'll also find some useful information on pulling and killing 7-8 elite mobs each within a split second of each other.

Got any tips on maging and what about BC makes you like the new mage builds?

For Maging tips, see the URL above.

I like the Dragon's Breath and Arcane Blast abilities, and the Arcane/Frost Trees are REALLY looking good overall.

Here's my ideal Mage Build:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-mage/talents.html?0050050010000000000000000000000000000000000002505323310235313201501

And for once, the Arcane Tree looks attractive with its talent selection. :D

Ark

Reactions: Telrunya
Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Luckily, since I can take to any game I play like fish to water, this holds true for playing different classes from the beginning, despite my best characters being heavily twinked.

Go here:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mage_tactics

Check out the pulling strategies, as they should help you out a LOT when pulling.
Oh, and I was the one who wrote the Multi-Tree Pulling Strategies as well. :D
You'll also find some useful information on pulling and killing 7-8 elite mobs each within a split second of each other.

For Maging tips, see the URL above.

I like the Dragon's Breath and Arcane Blast abilities, and the Arcane/Frost Trees are REALLY looking good overall.

Here's my ideal Mage Build:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-mage/talents.html?0050050010000000000000000000000000000000000002505323310235313201501

And for once, the Arcane Tree looks attractive with its talent selection. :D

Ark
Wow. That looks awesome. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

ReBjorn

All your base are belong to us
Dec 29, 2004
✟15,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like 90 % of the guilds out there, they want us all to be marksmen. When I hit the appropriate amount of agility, I switched to Lightning Reflexes anyway, and did much better with it. Talked to leaders about it and they sort of agreed, as long as there were a few hunters with tsa. With the new patch, my talents tree will look something like this. Expose Weakness will be very nice, and with 450ish agility and a fast bow, that's 115-120ish attack power every so often for a while. Survival tree allows for more crits too. Thrill of the Hunt beats Efficiency IMO, and the choice is between Efficiency and imp. Hunter's Mark anyway, which is very good now. Wyvern Sting is now usable in combat. There's too many misconceptions about hunters. For example, people started disliking hunter pets because they saw them running after fleeing mobs, and was made to believe the pet was actually pulling the adds, when in fact a fleeing mob pulls adds anyway. I'd love to try out the new BM tree sometime, but for now I'm going to stick to skipping the standard marksman builds and going Survival tree instead. And, no, it's no nerf. Even if it was talent-wise, it'd be np. Just consider the new armor sets and all the nic3 lo0t you get in Burning Crusade. I mean, after doing a little more than a little bit of 65+ gaming, you'd be looking at soloing soloing a lot of very hard level 60 instances. Ok, so maybe not BWL, MC, AQ, ZG or Naxxramas, but you know what I mean. People are already soloing Scholomance and duoing Stratholme, soo.. no nerf imo : )

Upvote 0

Controverse

Green Metal Ranger
Apr 16, 2006
Visit site
✟12,062.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Like 90 % of the guilds out there, they want us all to be marksmen. When I hit the appropriate amount of agility, I switched to Lightning Reflexes anyway, and did much better with it. Talked to leaders about it and they sort of agreed, as long as there were a few hunters with tsa.

I'd say the same thing about Priests, 'cause they're ALWAYS expected to go Holy tree at 60, and it annoys me. I hope Blizzard allows Shadow Priests to be as valuable as Holy Priests in end-game raids, because when I hit 60 with my Shadow Priest, I intend to keep him Shadow indefinitely.

Ark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm pretty happy with the hunter tree. I solo'd my way to the Grim Guzzler bar in BRD with my half tier 1 hunter.

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with the mage tree. Well the frost tree anyway. The top talent is summoning a water elemental which would be cool if you could sent it to attack like a 'lock or hunter pet but you can't do anything with him. If this were a lower level talent rather than the pinnicle of the tree it would be ok but this is for the top. The best a frost mage tree has to offer.

Upvote 0

Quantum_Man

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
Long Island, NY
Visit site
✟18,677.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'd say the same thing about Priests, 'cause they're ALWAYS expected to go Holy tree at 60, and it annoys me. I hope Blizzard allows Shadow Priests to be as valuable as Holy Priests in end-game raids, because when I hit 60 with my Shadow Priest, I intend to keep him Shadow indefinitely.

Ark

This is true in a lot of cases and yet not true in a lot of other cases too, as is my case, my guild is in BWL and I am dubbed the "official" shadow priest. Also our new talent Misery adds 5% increase in spell dmg to all casters on the targetted mob. That and now that we give mana back to the whole party, in addition to Vamp Embrace healing, how could you not take advantage of that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums