Would You Watch This Stream?

Would you watch a Christian-based live stream?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I'd rather play than watch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CowardlyLion

Jul 22, 2018
New York
✟18,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had an idea the other day, to create a YouTube channel specifically for those who were Christian. I was planning to play a variety of games, usually the newer titles that came out. Instead of being a normal streamer though, I was going to have religious discussion and study while playing the games. I would start the stream with some scripture, and use it as a talking point throughout the game play. My goal is to be a clean streamer, though some of the games I play will be rated Mature. I think it would be a good way to connect to some gamers who like to watch streams who are also very religious.

Any ideas or suggestions? Does anyone think this is a good idea. I've started making the channel but I don't know if anyone would be interested in watching.

Reactions: Dansiph

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had an idea the other day, to create a YouTube channel specifically for those who were Christian. I was planning to play a variety of games, usually the newer titles that came out. Instead of being a normal streamer though, I was going to have religious discussion and study while playing the games. I would start the stream with some scripture, and use it as a talking point throughout the game play. My goal is to be a clean streamer, though some of the games I play will be rated Mature. I think it would be a good way to connect to some gamers who like to watch streams who are also very religious.

Any ideas or suggestions? Does anyone think this is a good idea. I've started making the channel but I don't know if anyone would be interested in watching.
I'm curious, what games did you have in mind to play?

Upvote 0

CowardlyLion

Jul 22, 2018
New York
✟18,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd watch as long as I agreed with the game etc if you understand me. Not judging but you could even do strawpoll to choose which games you play. Also would you consider Twitch over YouTube?

Yes, I've used Twitch before. And I think it would be really great to have the community choose the games.

I understand some of the games I liked to play aren't very Christian. So it's good to know that this would be something most people wouldn't want to see. For example, I was thinking about playing Fallout 76. But perhaps something like Pokemon: Let's Go would be better for this audience.

I just know that I prefer all kinds of games and I understand that some of them are a bit too much for a Christian audience. But I know I would like to find someone like me who is both into those games and into learning about God. Or perhaps find people who are lost and are looking for those violent type games, who may come to the Lord through my streams. I know there are so many kids who watch Mature games on YouTube...with people who aren't good role models. I was thinking I may be able to help guide those kids if I explain to them about why it's important the realize these games are pretend. Or to show them it can be better to co-operate or play a pacifist type character.

I know I may be having too much of a naive and ideal view of what I can do from the comfort of my own home. But I want to be able to reach kids and young adults who haven't had the chance to find the Lord.

Reactions: Dansiph
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I've used Twitch before. And I think it would be really great to have the community choose the games.

I understand some of the games I liked to play aren't very Christian. So it's good to know that this would be something most people wouldn't want to see. For example, I was thinking about playing Fallout 76. But perhaps something like Pokemon: Let's Go would be better for this audience.

I just know that I prefer all kinds of games and I understand that some of them are a bit too much for a Christian audience. But I know I would like to find someone like me who is both into those games and into learning about God. Or perhaps find people who are lost and are looking for those violent type games, who may come to the Lord through my streams. I know there are so many kids who watch Mature games on YouTube...with people who aren't good role models. I was thinking I may be able to help guide those kids if I explain to them about why it's important the realize these games are pretend. Or to show them it can be better to co-operate or play a pacifist type character.

I know I may be having too much of a naive and ideal view of what I can do from the comfort of my own home. But I want to be able to reach kids and young adults who haven't had the chance to find the Lord.
I understand. I don't see any big problems with Fallout 76. I've only seen snippets but I have played Fallout 3 and NV.

Somes a game can be so wacky and ridiculous it's more excusable than something which isn't if that makes any sense. I've been going through a battle between playing videogames and not playing them. So today I bought Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. Now I've read it's got drinking games in and I don't drink alcohol anymore so I'm conflicted about it.

I recently got Black Ops 4 also but I haven't played it yet. It's one of those that's wacky enough to warrant me being ok playing it.

I know what you mean about role models. I always hear streamers say God Da*n and Sweet Jesus etc and since becoming a Christian it bothers me. Also they swear and generally promote un-Christian things. Most of my gaming was done before I believed on Christ in July. Before this I watched a lot of twitch also.

Bottom line for me is some games are acceptable and promoting Christianity is good. Here's a blog post I found a while back about Christianity and videogames btw:

Can a Christian Play Video Games? – Holy Ghost Stories

• Friendly
Reactions: CowardlyLion
Upvote 0