Would you support writing a new U.S. Constitution based on the Bible?

Would you support writing a new U.S. Constitution based on the Bible?

• I am a Christian U.S. citizen and I support writing a new Constitution based on the Bible

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I am a non-Christian U.S. citizen and I support writing a new Constitution based on the Bible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a Christian U.S. citizen and I do NOT support writing a new Constitution based on the Bible

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • I am a non-Christian U.S. citizen and I do NOT support writing a new Constitution based on the Bible

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • I am not a U.S. citizen.

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Note that I'm referring to the Christian Bible in this instance.

Simple question for Americans on this forum: if given the option, would you support overturning the existing U.S. Constitution and writing a new one on the based on the Christian Bible?

I've divided the answers into Christians and non-Christians, and support versus non-support.

If you're not a U.S. citizen, you can select the last option.

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Simple question for Americans on this forum: if given the option, would you support overturning the existing U.S. Constitution and writing a new one on the based on the Christian Bible?

Sure. It could go horribly but so could a lot of other things. I am in general fine with the idea of a new US Constitution so one made based on the principles in Scripture could very well be tried to me, I'd try to get involved with it. Although I say "principles in Scripture" for there are a lot of things to consider which are not in it but are also compatible with it, a multitude of political systems are compatible with Christianity, so honestly I don't think it'd end up being that far off from what the US has now, just hopefully better.

• Haha
Reactions: stevil
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christianity is a work-in-progress.
We do not all agree on the Bible's terms,... yet [1 John 3:2].

(At the advent of the Thearchy, this question will be moot.)

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
(at the title) lol really!?

Yup, really. This poll stems from an adjacent thread where I find some Christians don't seem that in favor of U.S. Constitutional law (or at the very least don't really understand it as the basis for U.S. law).

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yup, really. This poll stems from an adjacent thread where I find some Christians don't seem that in favor of U.S. Constitutional law (or at the very least don't really understand it as the basis for U.S. law).
But you are Canadian.:scratch:

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I of course voted yes. It seems silly to become a christian and not want our govt to look more like what God has in store for us in Heaven. But its not hard to believe that there are people who love what we have now, as it is a product of sinful people who desire sinful ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
But its not hard to believe that there are people who love what we have now, as it is a product of sinful people who desire sinful ways.

Or it's because this country was founded on freedom of religion. So, our constitution has to bear that out.

It may make you feel better to attribute it to sin, but not everything is sinful. Not having a constitution based on or wanting a constitution that is based on the Bible isn't sinful.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've divided the answers into Christians and non-Christians, and support versus non-support.

It would be Taliban II. Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world. Look at all the bloodshed caused by the institutional Churches leading up to and during the Reformation. Yikes....

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It would be Taliban II. Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world. Look at all the bloodshed caused by the institutional Churches leading up to and during the Reformation. Yikes....
I would say that the British at their worst were still much better than the Taliban. But otherwise, yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I would not support a new Constitution based on the Bible.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems silly to become a christian and not want our govt to look more like what God has in store for us in Heaven.
What does that look like...?

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV​

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I of course voted yes. It seems silly to become a christian and not want our govt to look more like what God has in store for us in Heaven. But its not hard to believe that there are people who love what we have now, as it is a product of sinful people who desire sinful ways.
Nothing good comes of Christian alliance with any worldly power.

It would a partnership destined to fail ...

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Not a US citizen, but would not approve of a similar measure in Canada either. Reason? I don't feel like being burnt at the stake because I believe different.

Upvote 0