• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

would you send a friend request to your son's girlfriend on facebook if you have not met her yet?

Discussion in 'Married Couples' started by Yoona86, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:44 AM.

1. Yoona86

Yoona86 Newbie

+25
    Non-Denom
    Married
    me and a friend were talking about this today, she was thinking about sending a friend request to her son's girlfriend ( both of them are in their mid twenties and are currently in med school), even though her son has yet to bring this girl home

she wasn't sure if there is such a thing as face book etiquette on things like this and i told her
    i am the wrong person to ask as one, mine boys are too young to even think about girlfriends and two i am not a huge facebook user myself

i thought it was an interesting point though

2. Chosen_and_blessed

Chosen_and_blessed Active Member

+308
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Married
    I waited until I met my son's girlfriend (they are early 20s in university) and she added me directly after we met so that was nice and easy.

3. Bluejay47

Bluejay47 Romans 12:12 Supporter

+524
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's an interesting question.

On one hand: She sends the request,first She(his girlfriend) will have to either accept it or decline it. If she accepts it,then what? Does she just want to friend her or does she want to start a conversation with her? I guess the first option would be based on intention.

On the other hand: She doesn't send the request and just waits till her son brings the woman over to meet the family. I personally would pick option two.

JMO

4. All4Christ

All4Christ +The Handmaid of God Laura+ Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+3,476
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I'd prefer waiting until meeting the girlfriend.

5. *LILAC

*LILAC Well-Known Member

+1,121
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    No I would not. I would think it creepy and stalkerish if one did before ever meeting in person and getting to know them first.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,385
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I think it could be seen both by her son and his girlfriend as being a nosy and pushy mother-in-law type. She needs to wait to be invited by the girl, not push the girl into a corner.

7. live4Christ2016

live4Christ2016 Member

+65
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I don't think I would add her even after I met her. If she sent me a friend request then I would certainly add her, but I would not initiate it. Let her do that.