Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
and her new/old boyfriend? and me too...

She remind me of a teenager right now :( this is a guy she dated some years ago while he was divorced. he was drinking a lot but slowed down for my mom. i can't remember much about back then. he wanted to do things with her that she would only want to do in marriage but couldn't marry him because his wife was still living although they weren't together anymore for some time.

she was afraid of leaving him because she was worried that he might hurt himself. i've asked her to consider if he would be a good model to have around for her grand kids and she finally left him after much harassment on his part. he drank to the point of losing his liscence.

yesterday, she informed me that they hooked back up together. he's been a widower for almost 2 years now. aparently, he drink less... he just get drunk on the weekends to kill time, and started going to mass. but i worry that he's not stable emotionaly. she might have told me yesterday but she didn't tell me how long she's been back with him... could be months for all i know. she has a habit of being quite secretive about him which also worries me.

my mom is the only person i have to babysit the kids. my son is autistic and i wouldn't trust just anyone to look after him. now i'm worried if he'd be safe around that guy. the more i think about it, the more i get anxious :cry:

so please, pray for my mom, that she doesn't get infatuated and act irrationaly and that she may use good discernment. pray for that man, for what ever healing/graces he needs and pray for me, so that i don't over react and have the wisdome to act in a way that is in accord with the will of God for this situation and for peace in my heart...

sorry for so much venting, this is quite distressing to me and if you are still reading... thank you for listening. my mom is usualy a very devoted Catholic and this guy seem so much out of caracter for her.

this also comes about a month after i realized that me and my mom were mentaly and emotionaly abused by my dad. makes me wonder if she has bothered to look inside for why she'd get atracted to guys that have issues.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
thank you, thank you, thank you, i appreciate all of your prayers and may God Bless you to the thousandth fold.

i had an idea last night before i went to bed... the first time she was with him, she had broken off for a bit and then kept mostly secret about getting back with him. so i thought, if she's gonna be serious about him this time, she should not be secretive about him and bring him to the family reunion/corn boil we're having in a few weeks. if he's an "ok guy" she shouldn't have to worry about what everybody's gonna think about him. can you believe i never met the guy? even though she probably dated him for over a year last time?

for the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world... Jesus, I trust in you :prayer:

Upvote 0

Br. Xavier

Byzantine Catholic ~ In Spirit ~
Jul 18, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
✟7,976.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
she should not be secretive about him and bring him to the family reunion/corn boil we're having in a few weeks. if he's an "ok guy" she shouldn't have to worry about what everybody's gonna think about him.

Thank You Jesus! :clap:

He got this. ;)

Continuing to pray...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh Anygam, I am so sorry I did not see this earlier. I feel for you and your anxiety, and I can relate to it having a daughter with disabilities myself. I will put you, your mom and her boyfriend on my prayer list and hold you in prayer tomorrow in adoration. My PM is always open if you need an ear. :hug: and many :crosseo:'s for you.

Reactions: Anygma
Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anygma, I know EXACTLY how you feel about your mother's, how shall we say, taste in men. Sadly, my mom has been the same since her and my dad divorced.
I am praying for you and your mother especially, that she'll make the right decisions.
Great avatar! :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thank you, thank you, thank you, i appreciate all of your prayers and may God Bless you to the thousandth fold.

i had an idea last night before i went to bed... the first time she was with him, she had broken off for a bit and then kept mostly secret about getting back with him. so i thought, if she's gonna be serious about him this time, she should not be secretive about him and bring him to the family reunion/corn boil we're having in a few weeks. if he's an "ok guy" she shouldn't have to worry about what everybody's gonna think about him. can you believe i never met the guy? even though she probably dated him for over a year last time?

for the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world... Jesus, I trust in you :prayer:

Keep us updated Anygma. *hug*

Upvote 0