Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
who is very loose about their faith? Or what would you do in this situation?

It depends on how strong you are in yours. If we are not deeply rooted in Christ and actively stay there, we can be easily swayed by others.

That being said, two of my best friends (one has been for 34 years) believe in God, but haven't submitted their lives to Jesus as Lord over them. They pray, they believe in Him, but their lifestyles don't reflect that. I would not walk away from them because of this, rather it gives me opportunities to show them the love of Jesus and to sow seeds. I pray God will use me as a vessel through which He brings them to Himself. I have learned that preaching will push others away, but living a life set apart speaks volumes. :)

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would be friends with someone loose about their faith. I would try and be an example of Jesus' love toward them.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxLady1994

Aug 2, 2017
Midwest
✟17,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I have friends of all different religious persuasions, agnostic, pagan, Muslim, Christian, Wiccan. I guess it's more about the moral values they have, how they carry themselves and treat others. If they are acting in a way that doesn't undermine my quest to be more Christ-like it doesn't really matter what or how strongly they believe, at least not in terms of "am I going to be their friend or not?"

Reactions: lawrenceryan
Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Depends on the friend. If they were rabidly anti God...Probably not. If they professed to be super Christian, but acted like a jerk, probably not.
One of my oldest friends (40 years) is an atheist. He is a pediatric oncologist. He is kind, honest, moral and fun. We agreed long ago to "leave it alone" and left it open for him to approach me. We don't believe in beating others to submit to our beliefs.
It bothers me a great deal that he is not saved, but I pray over it.

Upvote 0

Jamminontha1

Jun 29, 2017
Vallejo
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean by "loose"? like someone who switches their faith around a lot, or someone who lets everyone know their faith or what?

It's someone who says they are Christian, but their acts and way of life are very worldly. Almost as if they are trying to stray away from the faith on purpose.

Upvote 0

Jamminontha1

Jun 29, 2017
Vallejo
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I have one friend like that who is in my church. I know she knows God is with her, but she's really young and into what everyone else is doing. I usually try to invite her around a bunch of people who are living out their faith the right way. That's a really tough one because growth is not linear.

The moment I got saved, I sought out God with everything, but I've heard people who've told me it took them over 2 years to "get it."

Just be patient and continue to love them. Try not to judge, but instead ask questions that might bring up a conviction in their heart. ex/ "Do you think you should be living with this guy you're not married to? Don't you think sooner or later down the road, your guard will slowly fall and you might do something you both regret?"

Upvote 0