Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For me it's not the drugs, it's the addiction.

Addiction of any kind is a huge dealbreaker for me.

Would I marry someone who did drugs occasionally and wasn't an addict? Possibly, it would depend on a number of variables about the individual.

mmmmm this too. I've dated pot users and potheads. I generally draw my draw the line at weed shrooms lsd. if they can show me that they wont sit around mooching anfgetting high all day. ive seen what meth and other drugs do to people and I cannot and will not invest my heart only to know one day I'll wake up and they'll be dead next to me or I'll get a call....

in general though ill be a willing hypocrite to protect myself.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
mmmmm this too. I've dated pot users and potheads. I generally draw my draw the line at weed shrooms lsd. if they can show me that they wont sit around mooching anfgetting high all day. ive seen what meth and other drugs do to people and I cannot and will not invest my heart only to know one day I'll wake up and they'll be dead next to me or I'll get a call....

in general though ill be a willing hypocrite to protect myself.

Those are good points, especially when getting past the "lighter stuff" into harder drugs.

Personally, it also seems that anyone who uses harder drugs (even if they are not addicted) seem to have more problems than those who use lighter things. Their attitudes aren't as good, etc. That observation is just based off the people I've met who are involved in that stuff though, there are probably some exceptions.

Someone who is involved in drug use past the light stuff won't really be on my radar though. I'm not interested in drug use and if it was a noticeable part of who they were I wouldn't be very interested in them as a person. I'm sure they'd find someone who suited their needs much better than I would in that case.

The case is also the same for anyone who enjoys drinking often and isn't an alcoholic. I'm not interested in any type of alcohol and if someone was a big wine taster/beer collector/etc then we might not hit it off. I just don't find it enthralling or worth my time.

But I am always proven wrong by people so none of these things are set in stone.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
aye. see for me I won't affirm much but some things are good for talking to the other side. maybe possibly idk. so for someone who uses it for spiritual reasons is totes ok wif me. im so mixed up on this :c

Yeah it would really go on a case by case basis for me (making sure at first I was really interested in them as a person too).

The only thing I know for sure is if it's an addiction I'm out. I've dealt with that for far too long and want nothing to do with it. I'd be frightened of even trying to help someone out of addiction because I know the pain my own recovery was for my friends :(

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2013
Malta
✟15,233.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
No under any circumstance.

Exactly

Thats good. No point in marrying a detriment to your life.

I think marriage and any sort of relationship really, already come with their own problems without the need to throw in substance abuse in there too! The major problem is who unwittingly marries a drug addict, I've seen that happen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums