TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would you marry a drug addict who had no intention of stopping?

Why would anyone in thier right mind, decide to marry a drug addict ? That should be an automatic red flag. And no...love is not enough for a marriage to work ... it is only a start. You need a whole lot more than just those feelings . Some mandatory things for a marriage to work include : Huge responsibility, integrity, commitment, steady employment, deep personal relationship to God , no neurosis, good emotional health, being on the same wavelength for the future, strong morals , strong ethics, same goals, as a minimum. Entertaining a Drug Addict for marriage is not Gods plan for your life -- he desires two people who are are emotionally and spiritually mature . Please dont consider marrying anyone who shows a red flag like this. You are far better off on your own.

Reactions: jmer816
Upvote 0
G

Gracelands

I understand addiction. I have an issue with Tramadol but I want to stop.Its not really an anti social drug. I'm not robbing to get it its prescribed. It doesn't really impact my moods and temper either.

However, if i met a chap who had substance abuse issues/anti social issues/mood issues and no intention to stop no i wouldn't want a long term relationship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
what is it about drugs that make it a dealbreaker?

For me it's not the drugs, it's the addiction.

Addiction of any kind is a huge dealbreaker for me.

Would I marry someone who did drugs occasionally and wasn't an addict? Possibly, it would depend on a number of variables about the individual.

Upvote 0