• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Would you listen to a Man of God aka Prophet that give you bad news? Friend is paying $7K to Prophet

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by LuvJesus87, Jan 10, 2021.

1. buzuxi02

buzuxi02 Veteran

+2,198
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    First off does this woman have either learning disabilities, is on the spectrum or has psychiatric issues? If so someone needs to go and block this person from all her social media accounts. If not someone should still do the same and tell him to f*$k off before blocking him.
    In fact give me his contact info so I can rip him a new one and reduce him to the size of an ant.
    And if you do know where he is or if bank checks were used to pay him I'm sure there maybe some legal avenues to get her money back.

2. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+20,074
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    So what you're saying is your friend is listening to conartist trying to swindle thousands of money from her.

Tell your friend to keep her money, and to immediately stop listening to that scumbag.

-CryptoLutheran

3. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+20,074
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    That's really depressing.

If it were my friend, I'd be telling them to immediately talk to a lawyer and search for legal options.

-CryptoLutheran

4. xaris

xaris Active Member

+247
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    In the title of this thread, I thought you said 'a man of God'. This quack is not that. I'd never listen to him.

Jude 11 (KJV) Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  5. zoidar

zoidar Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,480
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    Sounds like blackmailing! What a terrible thing to say to someone. I only hope she didn't take it as some kind of prophecy or something. Sounds like something coming from a Gypsy fortuneteller.

6. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,822
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Or a late night tv Christian shopping channels (although a 5 gal pail of blessed macaroni to survive the coming pulse for 70 bucks is a better deal than what this lady got)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  7. zoidar

+1,480
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    I think there might be more use of the macaronies, actually. At least you can make a soup, a 70$ soup. ^_^

8. longwait

longwait Well-Known Member

+692
    Christian
    Married
    I do listen to the "doom and gloom" prophets but not the ones you mentioned that sells "sacred holy" stuffs. That's a false prophet, a liar and a deceiver.

9. zoidar

+1,480
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    A word of advice, be careful! There are lots of falsity out there.

10. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,669
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    A total con. Peddling the gospel for a profit is wicked.

11. Job3315

Job3315 Well-Known Member

+711
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Freely give, freely receive. Matthew 10:8 A real prophet doesn't ask for money, He just does God's work by delivering the Word for the edification of the Bride of Christ (The Church). Prophets should take Ezekiel 33 very seriously. Don't fall in the trap.

12. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+5,845
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Absolutely not.

i no prophet would ask for payment for bringing a word from God; that's a scam.
    ii no prophet would say that you need a "holy talisman" to stop bad things from happening; that is superstition.
    iii a prophet gives a word from God to bring that person closer to God, not to foretell their own futures and personal life; that's manipulation, playing on their hopes and fears.
    iv hopefully a prophet who has a word from God would be humble enough to say "pray about this; it's possible I could be wrong". Scripture says to test the spirits.

Sorry but if she gives this guy $7000 her future will be that she'll be $7000 poorer and depressed when she realises she's been "had". What's to stop them coming back for more, claiming that the talisman has "stopped working" or other such nonsense?

13. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+5,845
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    How sad. :(
    I'd tell her to record his details, leave the site and call the police.

He'll be long gone by the time she realises that his "prophecy" isn't coming true.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,384
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    This is not a prophet of God, just a conman.

No servant of God charges for what he does..

He might draw a salary, but does not expect payment for praying with or for people, providing councelling etc and certainly does not sell blessings or so called holy oil, water etc etc.

Pay him no attention, delete him from your phone etc etc.

15. Silly Uncle Wayne

Silly Uncle Wayne Well-Known Member

+429
    Ireland
    Charismatic
    Single
    Well on one hand Prophets are not always the bearer of good news in the sense that they often give dire warnings of bad things if the people don't repent, BUT they never ask for renumeration or the purchasing of goods to the best of my knowledge (e.g. John the Baptist ate Locusts so money wasn't on his mind).

This sounds to me like a huge con, not a genuine prophet. I'd advise your friend not to fork out a penny (or cent, I suppose) and to go somewhere else to here God speak - like a normal church.

16. Silly Uncle Wayne

Silly Uncle Wayne Well-Known Member

+429
    Ireland
    Charismatic
    Single
    Surely it would be better to put her trust and believe in Jesus. It would be cheaper also!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,522
    Christian
    Private
    good or bad news oil, talismans and water are just things and it is a pagan value to ascribe power to them. they themselves are nothing no matter who put their hands on it or how much you pay or what special words they are called. God can use things for a lot of purposes but one of those is not to profit. Tell you're friend she has access to God directly.

18. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,510
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Im not too sure about that.....church is the biggest bill i have.... and if I try to make more to make it easier to cover.....the bill increases!

19. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,500
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    This sounds like a scam to me. Beyond that, there are no modern day prophets. Certainly not in the form of people hawking oil and water. We don't need those things in order to be saved.

20. marc b

marc b Member

+137
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yeah, as scammers go. But I wouldn't be in the scammers shoes for a billion dollars on Judgement day. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world but loose his soul.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021