1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

would you like to see Trump run in 2024 ?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by APersonWithNoName, May 19, 2022.

1. APersonWithNoName

APersonWithNoName Active Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+297
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    why and why not?

if not, who would you like to run instead?

would you like to see a familiar face like Ted Cruz, or a fresh face like Josh Hawley, Dan Crenshaw or Ron DeSantis?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Eight Foot Manchild

Eight Foot Manchild His Supreme Holy Correctfulness

+1,517
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Yes, I would.

More specifically, I would like to see the GOP nominate a meat-and-potatoes McCain type. Trump runs as an independent, and together they split the vote, rendering both inert.

Here’s to hoping.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. SamanthaAnastasia

SamanthaAnastasia Just a library lady

+1,175
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    No.

and I don’t have a better option.

I’d like to see someone in the Republican Party like Teddy Roosevelt. Like all his views and and everything. Including the mustache and pince-nez eyeglasses.

:blink:

4. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+7,369
    Lutheran
    Private
    I would be entertained watching Trump run, with Richard Dawson sending burly muscular men after him. We'll call it Celebrity Running Man.

5. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Well-Known Member

+1,786
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yes the country is becoming increasingly liberal & I think any Republican is gonna face an uphill battle & so have a hard time seeing any win (w/ us struggling in the Midwest MI, WI, & PA, & us losing AZ & GA for good) so would rather just have him go down as a martyr.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  6. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+12,309
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    You beat me to it. I wonder how many sweaty metres it would take before the comb over came undone and started tripping anyone behind him?

7. APersonWithNoName

+297
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    I don't know with Joe struggling in the polls I think trump would have a real good chance in 2024

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  8. tampasteve

tampasteve Lost in the swamp Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+6,346
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Republican
    No. His policies were overall good, he made major strides in peace in the middle east, etc. However, I would much rather see another candidate. I really like DeSantis, but I would hate to loose him as governor of our state. That aside I would think DeSantis is a great candidate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. DragonFox91

+1,786
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I don't trust the polls.

10. APersonWithNoName

+297
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    yes but what about the raising cost of living that you see all around you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Servant78

Servant78 Well-Known Member

+214
    Indonesia
    Christian
    Married
    Im not American but i'd like to see Eddie Murphy or Jim Carrey to replace those knights in shining armors.

12. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+7,369
    Lutheran
    Private
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Rene Loup

Rene Loup Left the pack, joined the flock.

+1,152
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    "Another remarkable and unexpected symptom of national decline is the intensification of internal political hatreds. One would have expected that, when the survival of the nation became precarious, political factions would drop their rivalry and stand shoulder-to-shoulder to save their country. In the fourteenth century, the weakening empire of Byzantium was threatened, and indeed dominated, by the Ottoman Turks. The situation was so serious that one would have expected every subject of Byzantium to abandon his personal interests and to stand with his compatriots in a last desperate attempt to save the country. The reverse occurred. The Byzantines spent the last fifty years of their history in fighting one another in repeated civil wars, until the Ottomans moved in and administered the coup de grâce.

Britain has been governed by an elected parliament for many centuries. In former years, however, the rival parties observed many unwritten laws. Neither party wished to eliminate the other. All the members referred to one another as honourable gentlemen. But such courtesies have now lapsed. Booing, shouting and loud noises have undermined the dignity of the House, and angry exchanges are more frequent. We are fortunate if these rivalries are fought out in Parliament, but sometimes such hatreds are carried into the streets, or into industry in the form of strikes, demonstrations, boycotts and similar activities. True to the normal course followed by nations in decline, internal differences are not reconciled in an attempt to save the nation. On the contrary, internal rivalries become more acute, as the nation becomes weaker."

~The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival, by Sir John Bagot Glubb - XXI Civil dissensions, pg. 12-13.

Can we handle any more political drama (Ecc. 1:9)?

We need Christ-like leaders using rhetoric leading to reform, not entertainers[1] creating further division (Luke 11:17-18, Mark 3:24-26, Matt. 12:25-26, 2 Pet. 2:17-22, 2 Tim. 4:1-5). The Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John record the Lord Jesus Christ leading by example. Before anyone mentions Him using insults like 'dogs' (Matt. 7:6, 2 Pet. 2:17-22, Prov. 26:11) and 'snakes' (Gen. 3:1, John 8:44, Matt. 12:33-37, 23:1-39, Rev. 12:9), these have Biblically symbolic meanings. Are we the world (1 John 2:15-17, John 15:18-16:4, 17:14-15, Rom. 12:2)? Why and how?

~Psalm 146 (NIV)

~2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)

Whom are we going to choose to serve this day (Josh. 24:15, Luke 16:1-15, Matt. 6:19-34)? Why?
    1. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XXIII Frivolity (pg. 14) - "The heroes of declining nations are always the same—the athlete, the singer or the actor. The word ‘celebrity’ today is used to designate a comedian or a football player, not a statesman, a general, or a literary genius."

14. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+16,605
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    Whomever they select will be next and the agenda progresses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. DragonFox91

+1,786
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    That doesn't mean change party.

16. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,802
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    I would not like to see Trump run, mainly due to his distrust of the election system.

I would rather have a more moderate, or at least less consperisy driven and less own the libs, GOP canidite. I would at least consider that type of canidite instead of dismissing them out of hand. But I don't have idea who that could be.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. APersonWithNoName

+297
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    I don't agree, I think this is exactly the type of issue that would push Democrats over the edge, at least those who are hurting the situation that is.

18. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+12,309
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Do you think he actually does mistrust the system? I got the impression it’s more that he knows his ‘base’ does, so banging on about voter fraud is one means of manipulating them. His ‘just find us ___ votes’ shows more a complete cynicism towards the whole idea of election integrity rather than a distrust in the system, i.e he has no interest in how it works, as long as it works for him. That’s how it seems to me.

19. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,469
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I never liked Trump. But I have to concede that he was better than Hillary would have been. And he was better than Biden is now. And he would be far better than Kamala could ever be. But Cruz would also have been better, and Rubio would too, and Fiorina. The reason we got Trump in the first place was underhanded electioneering by Hillary and crew to get Trump nominated, thinking he would be easier to beat. It was a failure in underhanded electioneering, because she lost even to him. As she would have lost to almost every Republican candidate in that 2016 field. But she and the Media did everything to talk Trump up until they switched on a dime and turned against him the day after he got the nomination. Soooooo, Hilary gave us Trump. I didn't like or want him then and I don't like or want him for 2024 either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,802
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    You are right, he really wants to manipulate the system. Mostly because he thinks he can get away with it and that it is the way the system works.

Look at what he is telling Dr. Oz to do, declare victory even though the counting is not done.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • List