Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've run my own landscaping business from 2003 up till the beginning of this year. I now am doing a production company. I work alone and don't have any employees and never did. It's fantastic! Make my own schedule, lots of tax deductibles that aren't valid when being an employee of anything.... Equipment for both businesses weren't cheap...
13925257_10210146584600824_8110979035475450916_n_zpsyboeiy37.jpg

12509875_10208416286584455_2631127686548150564_n_zpsvkpxisa1.jpg

1933892_10208397256908725_8069193458749527143_n_zpswiuk12yg.jpg

Upvote 0

Walk_In_Faith

Let your faith be bigger than your fear!
Jan 4, 2017
Mississippi
✟15,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God first! I tell everyone to pray about it! I'm a woman owned company, we do mostly government facilities such as military bases, NASA, schools, federal buildings, etc. My dad owned his own corporation for over 40 years refurbishing oil rigs. My dad has since passed away but I have 4 brothers and a sister involved in the company. I wanted to run and control my own company so I prayed that God would open the door of opportunity and he has since 2009. It's not easy by any means. I call on God every day for his guidance and help. Look on the Small Business Administration (SBA) web site.

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd love to have a little business! My husband is going to build us a new home in the spring, and the two-story tractor barn we live in now will be converted to a workshop and crafts place.

He builds beautiful furniture and birdhouses, and I make clothes and knit and crochet scarves and mittens and doilies and all kinds of placemats and table linens. I think all this is called a "cottage industry" but we think it will work!

We may need to keep our day jobs but the extra money would be so very nice to save for the retirement!

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

Phillip Huffman

Kingdom Technologist
Dec 27, 2016
San Antonio, TX
✟14,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Like some of yall, I've already started a business.

My first business was started by accident - I was just looking to scare a little cash and ended up with a full time work load doing lawn care. I got overloaded and quit since I hadn't planned to actually get into the business. Kinda wish I had kept it going by taking on some sub contractor crews to handle the labor while I found more jobs for them. That's all in the past though.

In 2013 I registered Pilgrimmage Projects LLC with the state of Texas in preparation for turning my 'hobby' into the family business.
Although I've dabbled in 3D printing, programming and many other things, the real prize is to finish developing intelligent machines (including but not limited to, robots, of course) and bring them into our world.
When complete these machines should be able to pass the Turing test, learn anything and help us in just about any given field of labor. I'm really excited about the potential in this tech.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James400

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
✟8,051.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Married
Actually starting a business made my life and family steady and safe. I was working as a graphic designer when I got married. Then I felt that I was missing important moments with my wife due to my job. I had contacts and friends and decided to start a designing studio, which turned out to be a huge success.

I believe that, if you know your pros and cons, then you can achieve your dream of setting a business. We are no trying to extending our business into other areas. I am planning to start another office in the city with the help of a commercial mortgage loan.

Opportunities are plenty. You should grab it at the right time to reap its benefits.

I wish the young aspirers the very best in your endeavors.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The reason I started a business is not only to make money, it was for me to become financially independent.

I didn't want to depend on my JOB for the rest of my life to help me survive. It was too risky.

I wanted to LEARN how to make money for MYSELF so I don't have to rely on anyone.
Can I pm you and ask for help. I am/ started a business and having a lot of issues...

Upvote 0