Would you date or marry a meat eater?

Jae Hwa

Jul 25, 2010
✟15,133.00
Faith
Buddhist
I'm a "meat eater" and my husband is a vegetarian (raised as one). ^_^ It's fine, I've never been a big meat eater anyways, I only eat it if I go to someone else's house for dinner, and sometimes out to eat. So not much of a transition. I check the labels on everything to make sure he doesn't accidently get any animal products, like gelitin. lol.

We have agreed though, that if we have children, they will be given meat up until they are of an age where they can decide for themselves.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you would never marry a person based on what type of food they eat. If you love someone, whats on their plate shouldn't matter. =/
I wish you luck in finding your ideal partner. ^_^

Upvote 0

Contrecoup

Jun 2, 2014
✟15,128.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry to hear that some of you would never marry a person based on what type of food they eat. If you love someone, whats on their plate shouldn't matter. =/
I wish you luck in finding your ideal partner. ^_^

Haha. I am a vegetarian who has dated many meat eating women, and they tend to be more turned off by my diet than me by theirs. I would say that the majority either assume some form of judgment from me that doesn't exist, or find it too difficult to accommodate both when cooking.

To be honest, talking to a variety of people on this subject, I would guess that the meat eaters are less comfortable dating a vegetarian than the other way around.

Upvote 0

ciaradawn

Let not your heart be troubled
Jun 15, 2007
Hamilton, Montana
Visit site
✟17,470.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I always thought being vegetarian was a deal breaker for me; however when I met my current boyfriend I realized that there are more important things. If it's something that's important to you I would definitely be upfront about it with who you're dating - and I wouldn't date someone who absolutely must eat meat at every meal. My boyfriend eats meat, but he also enjoys what I cook and has noticed how satisfying my vegetarian meals are.

Reactions: Journey_On
Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Old thread!

When it comes to marriage, I'd say no unless someone had compelling medical reasons for eating meat... For instance extreme food allergy, or something similar.

When it comes to dating, I'd say that I'd be willing to give a person time, becoming a vegetarian is a radical lifestyle choice, and a person should be throughly convinced before she/he chooses to become one.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,961.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
my husband is a meat eater he understand me being veggie he says he knows what goes on with animals but he said he loves his meat too much to stop eating it
i want to become vegan but my husband says we cant afford to buy all the veggies i need and tofu is very expansive here
am on disability and my husbands my full time carer so none of us work i feel very bad about eating diary products knowing that animals are stuffing because of me not being vegan

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just wondering what you all thought about this subject. Would you date or marry a meat eater, or would that be weird for you? I am undecided, it of course would be ideal if I could find another vegetarian, but I'm not sure if it's a deal-breaker for me.

What do you think?

I was a vegetarian and I prayed God for a vegetarian or a veganist, which would mean I'd also become one. He gave me a meat eater whom I told I was a vegetarian and the first time I cooked a delicious vegetarian meal for him he'd cooked himself a chicken, LOL. I still don't eat much meat 'cause I don't like the taste, but don't see the use of it anymore and I had to learn how to cook some simple meat, hamburgers and fish sticks, 'cause all my kids are meat eaters like their dad.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haha. I am a vegetarian who has dated many meat eating women, and they tend to be more turned off by my diet than me by theirs. I would say that the majority either assume some form of judgment from me that doesn't exist, or find it too difficult to accommodate both when cooking.

To be honest, talking to a variety of people on this subject, I would guess that the meat eaters are less comfortable dating a vegetarian than the other way around.

LOL yes, my mother was the daughter of a butcher and she married a strict vegetarian. She really had to learn how to cook for him. She can't even cook meat anymore now, just a few simple things she eats once in a while.

Upvote 0