Would you consider a married, but living apart?

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are various ceremonial laws that speak of genitalia making nasty unclean things. Humans can be gross down there. Republicans tend to have high disgust sensitivity, you ought to understand disgust.

I am a Republican and have never heard anyone speak as you have. Male or female. I think there’s a dichotomy between your desire for women and the absence of experience that has yielded a unique philosophy.

You are equating genitalia and the sexual act with disgust while openly acknowledging the absence of relational experience and calling yourself an incel.

God said we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Including our nether parts.

Discomfort, lack of interest? What about not having sex to fuel your desire for each other? Or to overcome base desire for something more? Not everyone likes being dominated by their sexual drive.

If you have no interest in sex why are you making a point of addressing it with negative descriptors? God provides an alternative for those who wish to devote themselves to Him. Celibacy is a valid path.

However, that is not the perspective you’ve put forth thus far. Your self-identification and declarations juxtapose your assertions.

Incels are defined as:

A portmanteau of "involuntary celibates", are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom.

Why would someone use that term if they had no interest in sex and believed the act and genitalia are disgusting?

You also said:

We incel types have flaws that make us unattractive. Anxiety. Displays of low status. Sometimes we can even get mad when a woman is attracted to us because we sometimes hate ourselves and don't understand any other kind of reaction of a woman besides rejection. Besides once the woman actually gets to know us it is probably likely that she will not like us anymore. We would not know what to do with her anyways.

These are divergently different perspectives. It would appear that you’re undecided or straddling the fence between two ideals.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have interest in what I believe will be forever. God made me how I am for his own pleasure as well as my own. In this world, which is fallen, sex is imperfect. God will save everything that can be saved.

I don't learn in a vacuum, I learn from others too. It's easy to have complex feelings about something. Everyone does sometimes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have interest in what I believe will be forever.

What we believe and what is scriptural don’t always align. When you’ve shared your beliefs and have been asked for biblical support for your theories it is never given.

I provide scripture references for that reason. It helps the reader follow along. Especially for difficult or controversial subjects.

In this world, which is fallen, sex is imperfect. God will save everything that can be saved.

All that God created is perfect. Including sex. Our sinfulness can’t override its perfection because He’s in control. Our misuse of sex doesn’t lessen its beauty.

It's easy to have complex feelings about something. Everyone does sometimes.

Yes we do and the Holy Spirit calls me on them often. The heart is deceitful. Everything I feel is not correct or a truth I should embrace. He tells me I’m wrong.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where did you hear that too many [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is not healthy?

Again, more tin foil hat stuff.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What we believe and what is scriptural don’t always align. When you’ve shared your beliefs and have been asked for biblical support for your theories it is never given.

I provide scripture references for that reason. It helps the reader follow along. Especially for difficult or controversial subjects.

All that God created is perfect. Including sex. Our sinfulness can’t override its perfection because He’s in control. Our misuse of sex doesn’t lessen its beauty.

Yes we do and the Holy Spirit calls me on them often. The heart is deceitful. Everything I feel is not correct or a truth I should embrace. He tells me I’m wrong.

If you say you provide bible references for things in a post, you really ought to provide one. Please can you provide one for sex being perfect? There are many verses saying what we shouldn't do with regards to sex but none saying that we should enjoy it. At a push one could reference song of Solomon but that is allegoric. I can think of a new testament verse and two OT verses that you could use. I do wonder what you'll come up though with if you choose to play along. :)

Until recently times Christian women were deemed to be sinning if they enjoyed marital sex.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Until recently times Christian women were deemed to be sinning if they enjoyed marital sex.

According to whom? I don't doubt that there were (and probably still are) sects that espouse such a belief, but that doesn't mean it was common. Sex may not have been spoken of as freely or frankly as it is today, but it's safe to say that most husbands of the past liked it when their wives enjoyed sex. Christian, or otherwise.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to whom? I don't doubt that there were (and probably still are) sects that espouse such a belief, but that doesn't mean it was common. Sex may not have been spoken of as freely or frankly as it is today, but it's safe to say that most husbands of the past liked it when their wives enjoyed sex. Christian, or otherwise.
I'm referring to Victorian british culture. Poor women and prostitutes didn't have the same 'moral' restrictions.

Historical Analysis: Women as the "the Sex" During the Victorian Era

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you say you provide bible references for things in a post, you really ought to provide one.

I didn’t say I provide them in every post. And I specified the circumstances when its likely to occur.

If you believe Song of Solomon is allegorical there is little purpose in referencing it.

Sex isn’t man’s construct. That came from God. As did love, kindness, etc. All of these things are perfect in Him. Our performance isn’t but that doesn’t diminish its state.

I do wonder what you'll come up though with if you choose to play along. :)

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
—1 John 4:18

It is impossible for one who abides in God, is yielded to Him, and in covenant with Him to view sexual relations outside of Him. The nature of your relationship would impede its denial.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn’t say I provide them in every post. And I specified the circumstances when its likely to occur.

If you believe Song of Solomon is allegorical there is little purpose in referencing it.

Sex isn’t man’s construct. That came from God. As did love, kindness, etc. All of these things are perfect in Him. Our performance isn’t but that doesn’t diminish its state.

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

It is impossible for one who abides in God, is yielded to Him, and in covenant with Him to view sexual relations outside of Him. The nature of your relationship would impede its denial.
I would have chosen Malachi 'delight yourself in the wife of your youth' and 1 Corinthians 7:5

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was pointing out what you're saying could be classed as needing verses too as a joke because you were speaking of yourself providing them.

I do think too much emphasis is placed on sex these days and that we ought to not think of it as much as the culture does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

One point I think is relevant though.

Leviticus 15:16-19

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm referring to Victorian british culture. Poor women and prostitutes didn't have the same 'moral' restrictions.

Historical Analysis: Women as the "the Sex" During the Victorian Era
Victorian culture is one thing, but we're talking about private life between a husband an a wife.

Throughout modern history (and perhaps long before that), there have been self-appointed cultural experts. Some more accurate than others, whose observations of public behavior is arguably more accurate than their observations of intimate behaviors. The latter of which would likely betray a lower social class of the "expert" in question.

The author even said it themselves:
"To begin with, sex as a subject was not at all discussed."

"Not at all discussed" isn't the same as polite society considering it sinful for wives to enjoy sex with their husbands. It just wasn't talked about.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Victorian culture is one thing, but we're talking about private life between a husband an a wife.

Throughout modern history (and perhaps long before that), there have been self-appointed cultural experts. Some more accurate than others, whose observations of public behavior is arguably more accurate than their observations of intimate behaviors. The latter of which would likely betray a lower social class of the "expert" in question.

The author even said it themselves:
"To begin with, sex as a subject was not at all discussed."

"Not at all discussed" isn't the same as polite society considering it sinful for wives to enjoy sex with their husbands. It just wasn't talked about.
Did you read the article? I could take screenshots of the relevant sections if it helps.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was pointing out what you're saying could be classed as needing verses too as a joke because you were speaking of yourself providing them.

I requested it from him to understand his perspective and how he came by his position. That was primarily due to his self-identity. I never ask for verses otherwise. :)

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You lost me at this statement. You may want to remove the tin foil hat.
It's Psychology.

As for the other tinfoil hat, a random website. So a little bit more tinfoilly. The idea is instead of bonding with your mate you use her like you use cocaine. Again, more Psychology. Does not mean everyone uses their partner like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't have the luxury of my word program atm. I'm not used to phone posting and quoting scripture. Besides a person's perception plays a big role in how they understand scripture. Also, I already mentioned that I have fellowship in heaven. I don't believe I can quote a verse for everything because that's not all that reality is. People who know the word might see some things I say reflected in the word, I often reference it offhand in my words. I got tired of the legalist long ago, though i play with them when I feel like it and when convenient. I suppose Sam gave a reference.

Your heart is a gospel. My law will live in you. Those two verses justify myself.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't have the luxury of my word program atm. I'm not used to phone posting and quoting scripture. Besides a person's perception plays a big role in how they understand scripture. Also, I already mentioned that I have fellowship in heaven. I don't believe I can quote a verse for everything because that's not all that reality is. People who know the word might see some things I say reflected in the word, I often reference it offhand in my words. I got tired of the legalist long ago, though i play with them when I feel like it and when convenient. I suppose Sam gave a reference.

Your heart is a gospel. My law will live in you. Those two verses justify myself.
@LaBèlla he might mean this one, (which seemed to go unnoticed.) Christian Forums

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Divorcing a wife beater is well and truly permitted by God.
If I recall correctly, I Iiked or agreed with that post, so I'm going to take a liberty and reply.

God does not lack compassion. Even the most cursory search for this word in the Bible throws up numerous appropriate verses. If you are not sure where to look I suggest you start with Psalms.

In case you're wondering, I don't have much time for highly legalistic approaches to this type of dilemma.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just read an interesting passage in Your Knight in Shining Armor that provides welcome insight on this subject.

In Proverbs 14:4 we read: “Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox.”

Literally, this means that when your barn has no oxen in it, it is always clean. You don’t have to bring in food or water. And most important, there is no mess to shovel up!

Likewise, if you don’t have a husband, there is no need to cook unless you’re hungry. There’s no reason to keep yourself looking good if you don’t feel like it. And you don’t have to deal with the emotional, physical, or mental mess created by marriage.

But if you get married, be prepared to feed and shovel on a daily basis. If you’re not prepared to do that, it is an indication that your image of marriage is distorted.

Let’s not forget, however, the last part of that Scripture. It says, “much increase is by the strength of the ox.”

Once again, in the real sense, the oxen is used to plow the land, plant the seed, and bring in the harvest. There is a real reward in having oxen. Usually our immediate thoughts go to the husband bringing in financial gain.

But there is so much more to be reaped. He can also provide mental, emotional, and physical strength. A husband who “doesn’t want to break God’s heart” will strive to serve and please you. But it is not likely to happen overnight.

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0