Would you be interested in a Christian Democratic Party?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apart from basic privacy issues, and protecting women from predators pretending to be transgender...

Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

What does Deuteronomy have to do with Caesar's schools?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is an interesting idea but unlikely to work in an age of widespread degeneracy. Democracy relies on the popular vote, and if the majority are brutish, ignorant, and unreasoning it will never generate a Christian society (which is, I take it, the point of a "Christian Democrat" political party).

Yes. The voting majority will never be Christian.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.--Matthew 7

Therefore, winning a "popular vote" requires being a friend of the world.

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. -- James 4

• Agree
Reactions: Inkfingers
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There isn't anywhere that God commands that a Christian must use any of these facilities. So it is by personal choice that one does.
Neither does the secular laws require that a Christian use them.
So as far as Freedom to live by ones own religious convictions that principle is not being violated.

Does the law make it inconvenient for me if I choose not to use them, yes. But my inconvenience isn't anymore important than any other citizen's.

My objections to these laws is based on the safety and right to privacy of many other citizens not my religious convictions.

LOL. I personally remember a time when the law did not permit me to use many public facilities.

So...we'd survive.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Death penalty doesn't divide Christians. When it comes to supporting state-sanctioned murder, US Christians stand far apart from the rest of the world's Christians and shoulder-to-shoulder with the world's dirtiest non-Christian dictatorships: China, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi-Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen...Tell me who you go with and I'll tell you who you are!

As to the word "Christian" in the name of the Christian Democratic Party:

To those interested, you can read the whole statement of CD principles here.
By US standards that would be a party of the far Left and only Roman Catholics and mainstream Protestants would consider joining it.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By US standards that would be a party of the far Left and only Roman Catholics and mainstream Protestants would consider joining it.

I know. From our (European) point of view, the US has two right-wing parties: the right-wing Democratic Party and the far-right Republican Party. Neither fits my bill. While the democrats have marginally better social policies than the republicans, both parties champion policies that serve Mammon first and it's just a matter of degree, whereas we Christian Democrats put people, God's Creation first.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
What does Deuteronomy have to do with Caesar's schools?
The way a boy presents as a transgender girl is by crossdressing, which is a sin.

It has to do with the schools, because Obama is forcing the schools to have transgender bathrooms and locker rooms.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
No. I don't want religion in politics (which it's already there and shouldn't be) or politics in religion (likewise).

There is no way to remove religion from politics without getting
rid of it altogether, and that worked great for China, Russia and
N. Korea, didn't it?

Keeping politics out of our (religious) lives though, is the whole
point of the religion clause in the first amendment.

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
rid of it altogether, and that worked great for China, Russia and
N. Korea, didn't it?

Amen. Religion that is kept out of the public sphere is IMPOTENT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,327.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think that the point is our faith needs to inform our politics, and not the other way around.

Whilst I am convinced that the message of the Gospel does have a political cutting edge, I am also convinced by history that where the Church has engaged directly in politics sadly the result has often been more political than faithful.

On balance, I would want to see more Christians involved in the political process, bringing light to bear in the darkness. And old farmer told me that Christians are like manure, spread about they do a lot of good but gathered all together in one heap they stink.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
rid of it altogether, and that worked great for China, Russia and N. Korea, didn't it?

You mean the Establishment Clause. It is aimed at preventing a government from establishing a preferred religion actually. So that those who think we should live in a theocracy don't get to make that happen. So, very successful so far.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
On balance, I would want to see more Christians involved in the political process, bringing light to bear in the darkness. And old farmer told me that Christians are like manure, spread about they do a lot of good but gathered all together in one heap they stink.
Thank goodness for sensible old farmers! LOL I'll have to remember this one.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The way a boy presents as a transgender girl is by crossdressing, which is a sin.

It has to do with the schools, because Obama is forcing the schools to have transgender bathrooms and locker rooms.

They're Caesar's schools. If you send children to Caesar's schools, you expect them to become Romans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
They're Caesar's schools. If you send children to Caesar's schools, you expect them to become Romans.

Or at least, to learn to function in Roman society. Which is a two-edged sword...

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You mean the Establishment Clause. It is aimed at preventing a government from establishing a preferred religion actually. So that those who think we should live in a theocracy don't get to make that happen. So, very successful so far.

Funny how those same men didn't mind the states doing that
very thing, making a preferred religion,

" An establishment of religion, in terms of direct tax aid to churches, was the situation in nine of the thirteen colonies on the eve of the American revolution. (1)

Within a period of seventeen years, that had been reversed. By approximately 1791, nine of eleven states that ratified the amendments of 1789 had ended that support."
http://candst.tripod.com/cnstntro.htm

Why? Lawyers, most likely, who live for discord. Anyhow, they took laws
meant to limit ONLY the federal government, and applied them to the states.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Funny how those same men didn't mind the states doing that
very thing, making a preferred religion,

" An establishment of religion, in terms of direct tax aid to churches, was the situation in nine of the thirteen colonies on the eve of the American revolution. (1)

Within a period of seventeen years, that had been reversed. By approximately 1791, nine of eleven states that ratified the amendments of 1789 had ended that support."
http://candst.tripod.com/cnstntro.htm

Why? Lawyers, most likely, who live for discord. Anyhow, they took laws
meant to limit ONLY the federal government, and applied them to the states.
I don't think you understand the Constitution at all, but it's hilarious that you don't want the government to be involved in religion, but you still want the government to protect religion.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Not everyone has the funds to send their children to private school or to home school. For example I was a single parent, no child support. I tried living on welfare and home schooling for a couple years when my daughter started flunking, but I burned out and became ill. My relatives had to take the kids for a year.

Upvote 0