Would You Allow An RFID Microchip In Your Hand?

Northwest Savant

Jun 17, 2017
Rogue Valley
✟11,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 13:16-17: He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

With fair regularity, stories appear in the media about technology that will allow the Beast to number and track every person on earth. People believe that either a number or bar code will be imprinted on the foreheads or hands of those who will be permitted to buy or sell. Lately, the stories have been about implantable microchips that will store vital information about each of us.

A Wisconsin technology firm, Three Square Market has injected 80 employees with their own brand of RFID microchips over the last year:
Wisconsin Company Injecting RFID Microchips Into Hands Of Employees

At Swedish startup Epicenter, about 150 employees have been microchipped:
150 Swedish Epicenter employees implanted with microchips | Daily Mail Online

If your employer required you to be "Microchipped", would you allow it?

If your bank in the future chooses this technology over credit/debit cards, will you allow yourself to be "Microchipped"?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If your bank in the future chooses this technology over credit/debit cards, will you allow yourself to be "Microchipped"?
NO!!! (Sorry about the size, but 7 is as big as it would go... ;))

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 13:16-17: He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

With fair regularity, stories appear in the media about technology that will allow the Beast to number and track every person on earth. People believe that either a number or bar code will be imprinted on the foreheads or hands of those who will be permitted to buy or sell. Lately, the stories have been about implantable microchips that will store vital information about each of us.

A Wisconsin technology firm, Three Square Market has injected 80 employees with their own brand of RFID microchips over the last year:

I was away from home without my wallet yesterday, and it would have been handy.
Edit:No pun intended.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Mark of the Beast is simply money

Money / mammon / antiChrist. If you love money, you will hate God and hence be an antiChrist (Luke 16:13)

Both paper money and coin is made of a mark (imprint / engraving) and contains the name and the number of the system that created it. You need to have one on the hand and on the mind in order to buy and sell.

The RFID chip is just another form of it. If you loved money, refusing the RFID chip won't make any difference.

• Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The RFID chip is just another form of it. If you loved money, refusing the RFID chip won't make any difference.
But you can turn away from the "love of money" as long as it is external to you.

Upvote 0

Northwest Savant

Jun 17, 2017
Rogue Valley
✟11,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was away from home without my wallet yesterday, and it would have been handy.
Edit:No pun intended.

If it came down to the only way to use money, would it be wrong for a church to use a scanning device to accept tithes and offerings from those with microchips?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The Mark of the Beast is simply money

Money / mammon / antiChrist. If you love money, you will hate God and hence be an antiChrist (Luke 16:13)

Both paper money and coin is made of a mark (imprint / engraving) and contains the name and the number of the system that created it. You need to have one on the hand and on the mind in order to buy and sell.

You might not know this, but they already had money during biblical times.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it came down to the only way to use money, would it be wrong for a church to use a scanning device to accept tithes and offerings from those with microchips?
Probably. In all likelihood, it is the cursed system of currency mentioned in Revelation 13. If it never had that allegiance factor (as stated in the Bible), it would be a great system from a technological standpoint.

I would be reluctant to use even cash, if it had "God is icky!" printed on it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
For all the speculation in this thread, such a system would never be introduced for the simple reason of pushback by religious folks. It's far easier to keep using cards and similiar items of identification or use cellphones.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You might not know this, but they already had money during biblical times.

The Beast is originally the Roman Empire and yes, the Mark is the money of the Roman Empire.

We still use the same system, only with a different name.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For all the speculation in this thread, such a system would never be introduced for the simple reason of pushback by religious folks. It's far easier to keep using cards and similiar items of identification or use cellphones.

There's serious health concerns too. And probably fierce opposition from those advocating right to privacy.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Probably. In all likelihood, it is the cursed system of currency mentioned in Revelation 13.

"Ordinary" Money since the Roman Empire has always been cursed. The world makes profit from by exploiting the cheap labor of the poor or the less fortunate.

That is why loving money is equivalent to hatred of God (Luke 16:13)

Jesus referred to money / worldly wealth as unrighteous wealth or "Mammon of Unrighteousness" (Luke 16:9)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There was money before rome.

But Rome forced its conquered nations to use Roman money - caused them to receive the mark (money) of the Beast that contains engravings of its ownership (belonging to Rome or to Caesar)

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

RFIDs, national identification cards, social security numbers, or anything of the sort have no religious or theological meaning to me. There is nothing in scripture or the traditions of Christianity that says "thou shalt not have any form of identification".

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But Rome forced its conquered nations to use Roman money - caused them to receive the mark (money) of the Beast that contains engravings of its ownership (belonging to Rome or to Caesar)
Not true, the roman empire allowed conquered regions to still mint their own currency which was often the same as before being conquered.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing in scripture or the traditions of Christianity that says "thou shalt not have any form of identification".
Personally, I don't think it is the MotB. It doesn't match prophecy on some levels. But I am reluctant of having anything implanted "on [my] right hand or on [my] forehead," just to be on the safe side. Even re-entry stamps for amusement parks, etc.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I don't think it is the MotB. It doesn't match prophecy on some levels. But I am reluctant of having anything implanted "on [my] right hand or on [my] forehead," just to be on the safe side. Even re-entry stamps for amusement parks, etc.
Do you really think that your god will send you to eternal damnation because you got a stamp in an amusement park?

Upvote 0