Would whites stop buying drugs if they knew.......

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A racist (in America) is one who harms minorities, not one who criticizes them.
Using that standard most people who express racist ideas aren’t racist as they are not actively causing harm to others.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Using that standard most people who express racist ideas aren’t racist as they are not actively causing harm to others.

There's a big difference between saying "blacks are stupid" and "blacks don't value education". One is racist, the other is criticism.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There's a big difference between saying "blacks are stupid" and "blacks don't value education". One is racist, the other is criticism.
Neither is racist unless the person saying it is actively harming blacks, or do you retract that standard?

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Makes me wonder how you managed to draw that line.
Where I come from, both are criticism and both are racist.

• Agree
Reactions: VirOptimus
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
......that the blacks they buy from used the money to improve conditions in their inner city neighborhoods, as do the Native American tribes who use their ill-gotten but legal gambling gains to improve the lives of their tribal members? Is buying shiny guns and gold chains (and teeth) the best use of drug profits?
That's a contradiction as its the taking and selling of the drugs that is a symptom of the poor neighbourhoods. When the drug selling stops then you know that people are on the road to improving their situation. Besides you are implying that there is a good reason for buying the drugs as it helps people improve their lives. I do not thing you can justify a bad thing because it brings a percieved good. This is part of the compromise and rationalization in todays policies on helping people. IE legalizing pot is OK because it will stop crime by giving people a freely available drug so their addition is satisfied and they will not be compelled to rob others for money to get drugs. Though this may be true to a point it is not dealing with the problem and only side stepping it.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It depends on the personal motivation you have for saying either one and whether you are broad brushing, because of personal perceptions you choose to apply to entire groups.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It depends on the personal motivation you have for saying either one and whether you are broad brushing, because of personal perceptions you choose to apply to entire groups.

True, and it depends on who is saying it and in what context. Me saying it means very little. However if an elected official or other highly placed or regarded person says it in a public forum it would indeed be harmful, and thus racist.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True, and it depends on who is saying it and in what context. Me saying it means very little. However if an elected official or other highly placed or regarded person says it in a public forum it would indeed be harmful, and thus racist.

Everyone can have racist positions and thoughts, not just politicians.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's a contradiction as its the taking and selling of the drugs that is a symptom of the poor neighbourhoods. When the drug selling stops then you know that people are on the road to improving their situation. Besides you are implying that there is a good reason for buying the drugs as it helps people improve their lives. I do not thing you can justify a bad thing because it brings a percieved good. This is part of the compromise and rationalization in todays policies on helping people. IE legalizing pot is OK because it will stop crime by giving people a freely available drug so their addition is satisfied and they will not be compelled to rob others for money to get drugs. Though this may be true to a point it is not dealing with the problem and only side stepping it.

It was actually more of a 'tongue-in-cheek' question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Everyone can have racist positions and thoughts, not just politicians.

Yes, but most refrain from voicing them publically, especially in todays sensitive pc climate where even the mildest criticism is considered racist no matter how well intended.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was actually more of a 'tongue-in-cheek' question.
Fair enough. In that case I will treat it as togue in check and go along with the scenario. It is a bit of an ethical dilemma as on the one hand gambling may be legal and therefore can be used to help the American Indians at least as far as the government is concerned. Yet many say gambling is not good as there are many people who are adversely affected but it is also raising much-needed money for a needy cause.

The money from drugs is illegal but as far as the buyers are concerned who are not worried about the illegalities they may choose to buy off those who use the money to help their people. In that world and scenario, it would probably make sense. It reminds me of a doco I seen where the Columbian cartels were improving the poor village peoples standard of living by building them better homes and putting in TVs if they continued to cultivate the cocoa plants. If people see that there is a good cause for something they will support it if it means they will benefit, especially if they are in desperate need regardless of the moral implications.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fair enough. In that case I will treat it as togue in check and go along with the scenario. It is a bit of an ethical dilemma as on the one hand gambling may be legal and therefore can be used to help the American Indians at least as far as the government is concerned. Yet many say gambling is not good as there are many people who are adversely affected but it is also raising much-needed money for a needy cause.

The money from drugs is illegal but as far as the buyers are concerned who are not worried about the illegalities they may choose to buy off those who use the money to help their people. In that world and scenario, it would probably make sense. It reminds me of a doco I seen where the Columbian cartels were improving the poor village peoples standard of living by building them better homes and putting in TVs if they continued to cultivate the cocoa plants. If people see that there is a good cause for something they will support it if it means they will benefit, especially if they are in desperate need regardless of the moral implications.

Sadly, in the case of inner city drug crime the damage caused to the residents is a big price to pay for the few crumbs that are provided them from the activity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
op.... JERK

Sorry that is the only answer that comes to me for you

I'm sorry if you thought this was a serious thread (frivolous topics are allowed). ;)

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sadly, in the case of inner city drug crime the damage caused to the residents is a big price to pay for the few crumbs that are provided them from the activity.
Thatsthe problem, no matter how good intentioned they may say that they will help their people drugs has too much cost associated with it and any intention goes out the window because the top priority is more drugs.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you agree that white dealers are different, generally speaking.
My cousin gets her drugs from white people. White people tend to look less scarier, than black people. That probably why white drug sellers dont get picked up by cops.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My cousin gets her drugs from white people. White people tend to look less scarier, than black people. That probably why white drug sellers dont get picked up by cops.

White dealers generally have much different client networks than black street dealers do, such as college dorms, workplaces, etc. Blacks may not look scarier but the black drug trade is certainly more dangerous.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
White dealers generally have much different client networks than black street dealers do, such as college dorms, workplaces, etc. Blacks may not look scarier but the black drug trade is certainly more dangerous.
I assure you a cop is more likely going to harass a black person doing nothing at all. Based on the color of their skin. I first hand witness that. You add a little pot into the picture. I assure they would arrest a black person. Over a white person.

Upvote 0