Would the ministers who helped found the Assemblies of God be welcome in our churches?

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Smith Wigglesworth, Mother Etter, F.F Bozworth would their ministry be welcomed into the modern day A/G church style?

People so overcome by the Presence of God they would be in a trance like state for hours -
The evangelist stating "When God is not moving, I move Him with my faith"
The itinerating minister filling Madison Square Garden with so many confirmed healings he is charged with practicing medicine without a license.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
With the state of rising independence and fracturing of unity, that question would have to be answered by the AOG hierarchy. IMO. But if neither of those two conditions existed in the given sample, the spiritual red-carpet would be unfurled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would they be welcome in your church?

It is not a hard question, but evidently difficult to answer directly.

The church that I attend - I have to say that I am not sure they would be invited to preach.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Was it "their" ministry? No it was God doing it all through them. They just listened did what God said its why they had great works fruits.
Of course it was their ministry. They walked in what God called them to as best they could.

The source is God, but it is their calling.

The question is would they be welcome in the modern church?

People falling into ‘trances’ for hours. People praying in tongues some loud, some softly, people falling to the ground as the minister spoke.

Upvote 0