Would museums ever destroy the skeletons of giant humans????

Would museum workers destroy the skeletons of giants?

• no

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • maybe.......... education is a big industry and a lot of money is at stake!

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm sorry, how does this answer anything?

Based on this quote from your post
However, all her fragments were found scattered miles apart from each other
I made an assumption that 'scattering' was bothering you.

In case my assumption was wrong I also provided links explaining other possible issues including the link between Lucy and Evolution in general.

What have I not covered?
OB

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In case this thread ever comes back on topic, you might want to consider the merits of the snopes article versus the worldnewsdaily article. On balance, I suggest the photos may have a history of exaggeration. Just because Goliath was nine feet tall doesn't necessarily make it all right to support claims without checking them for reasonableness.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
My son is a big Tesla fan. He wants to buy an electric car when he graduates. It does not impress me that they put over 7,000 batteries in that thing.

You're confusing battery cells with individual batteries. Even a standard battery for a petrol driven engine has multiple cells. The Tesla S has 16 battery modules.

From Wikipedia (Tesla Model S - Wikipedia)
The 85 kWh battery pack weighs 1,200 lb (540 kg) and contains 7,104 lithium-ion battery cells in 16 modules wired in series (14 in the flat section and two stacked on the front).
OB

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
In case this thread ever comes back on topic, you might want to consider the merits of the snopes article versus the worldnewsdaily article. On balance, I suggest the photos may have a history of exaggeration. Just because Goliath was nine feet tall doesn't necessarily make it all right to support claims without checking them for reasonableness.

I think Photoshop was invented to keep the gullible happy.
(NB unless he had the legs of an elephant, Goliath (if there was a Goliath) wasn't 9 feet tall)
OB

• Agree
Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
(NB unless he had the legs of an elephant, Goliath (if there was a Goliath) wasn't 9 feet tall)
OB

There have been people that were nearly that tall and their legs weren't very thick...they weren't too healthy or strong but point being no one would need elephant size legs to be only 9 feet tall.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dennis
When will you learn that you need to do a very basic check on the over-the-top stuff you post? This 'giants discovered' hoax has been around for years and has been debunked several times.

This is the Snopes version of your story:
Smithsonian Admits to Destruction of Thousands of Giant Human Skeletons in Early 1900's
OB
Snopes is about as reliable as the ex-wife. ex-husband & his ex-hooker new wife.
When will you learn that you need to do a very basic check on the over - the - top shill comments?

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. If it's the 'scattering' that bothers you perhaps this quote from the Arizona State University (ASU) will help:

How do we know that her skeleton is from a single individual?
Although several hundred fragments of hominid bone were found at the Lucy site, there was no duplication of bones. A single duplication of even the most modest of bone fragments would have disproved the single skeleton claim, but no such duplication is seen in Lucy. The bones all come from an individual of a single species, a single size, and a single developmental age. In life, she would have stood about three-and-a-half feet tall, and weighed about 60 to 65 pounds.
To find out more visit Lucy's Story at the ASU.
OB
LOL... AZ State U?
You're kidding, right?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OB
The most gullible people are the ones who think they aren't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Snopes is about as reliable as the ex-wife. ex-husband & his ex-hooker new wife.
When will you learn that you need to do a very basic check on the over - the - top shill comments?
LOL! i agree. (Yer on a roll there, soundin' like Dave Ramsey hahaaa)

I'm honestly shocked that Snopes is given any credibility at all. (No offense meant to anyone, but pleeeease let's do our homework on Snopes....there's been ALL kinds of reasons to do our homework and examine how much "credibility" they are "due".)

Snopes? Really?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
LOL! i agree. (Yer on a roll there, soundin' like Dave Ramsey hahaaa)

I'm honestly shocked that Snopes is given any credibility at all. (No offense meant to anyone, but pleeeease let's do our homework on Snopes....there's been ALL kinds of reasons to do our homework and examine how much "credibility" they are "due".)

Snopes? Really?

Actually.... Snopes is rather useful for the quotations that they do..........

Google this and then take a look at the quotations that Snopes attempts to refute!

"Clinton Body Bags"
33. Maj. Gen. William Robertson
34. Col. William Densberger
35. Col. Robert Kelly
36. Spec. Gary Rhodes
37. Steve Willis
38. Robert Williams
39. Conway LeBleu
40. Todd McKeehan
41. Sgt. Brian Haney
42. Sgt. Tim Sabel
43. Maj.William Barkley
44. Capt. Scott Reynolds
* all former Clinton bodyguards who are dead.

Steve Willis, Robert Williams, Todd McKeehan, and Conway LeBleu were Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents killed during the Waco confrontation on 28 February 1993.

Brian Haney, Timothy Sabel, William Barkley, and Scott Reynolds died in a helicopter crash on 19 May 1993. These four were members of Marine Helicopter Squadron One, the unit responsible for transporting the President. They died when the Blackhawk helicopter they had taken out for a maintenance-evaluation flight crashed. There was no evidence of sabotage. Clinton had set foot in the aircraft on only one occasion, two months earlier, when he traveled from the White House to the USS Theodore Roosevelt.

Jarrett Robertson, William Densberger, Robert Kelly, and Gary Rhodes all died on 23 February 1993 when their Army UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crashed on landing in Weisbaden, Germany. A jury later found that the pilots were not at fault, but that the helicopter “entered into an uncontrollable right turn caused by a design defect.”

And the probability of all this happening by random chance would be??????

• Informative
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually.... Snopes is rather useful for the quotations that they do..........

Google this and then take a look at the quotations that Snopes attempts to refute!

"Clinton Body Bags"

And the probability of all this happening by random chance would be??????
SNOPES gives this information?

*almost falls off chair*

:swoon:

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
SNOPES gives this information?

*almost falls off chair*

:swoon:

The tone of the article is to attempt to make fun of the idea of a number of strange deaths surrounding a certain political power couple but......... they do a terrible job of defending those who they are supposedly trying to help.

• Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The tone of the article is to attempt to make fun of the idea of a number of strange deaths surrounding a certain political power couple but......... they do a terrible job of defending those who they are supposedly trying to help.
i agree LOL!

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
There is a lot of money at stake in selling text books to schools and universities and well.... we are all human aren't we??????

Because discovering a completely new species of humanoids isn’t the sort of the thing that would make money.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
A North American museum would never do such a terrible thing as destroy evidence that Atheistic Evolutionary Theory might not be the truth....... would they?
Why not? Humans are wicked and sinful by nature, and society is pernicious(death dealing), so nothing is as expected for most , and nothing in the world is as it seems to the world.
As for "might not be the truth", the adjective 'atheistic' , besides also "of the world", guarantees it is not "of the truth".

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There is a lot of money at stake in selling text books to schools and universities and well.... we are all human aren't we??????
And there's even more money to be made when all the text books need to be rewritten.

Out of curiosity, have you actually looked at the website you linked people to in your OP? I've gone through it and I can't actually find the article that's being referenced. I can't find the Supreme Court case that is referenced. I can't find anything at all to verify that the story is true.

On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of evidence to suggest that the story is fake.

Smithsonian Admits to Destruction of Thousands of Giant Human Skeletons in Early 1900's

Upvote 0