Stanton, California
✟7,955.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I totally Agree. You will know when you pray in the Spirit. You don't know what you are saying and you can pray for hours. Unlike in Understanding where you can't. People who have never prayed in the Spirit has no idea what we are saying until they pray in the Spirit. The Bible comes alive and fresh. When people tell us that tongues are all about the Fruit or power or ability they have no idea what the are saying because they have't Prayed in the Spirit. This is continual renewing for the rest of your life. The first time they Pray in the Spirit is when you know the Holy Spirit comes and Fills you then the evidence is Tongues. You decide when to pray and when not to. The Holy Spirit helps you, but you do the Praying not God.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thats what I meant ! x:)

Great! We have unity. I think that it is hard for many to consider the concept that we make up the language in faith, trusting the Holy Spirit to honour our faith and make our speaking fluent. It is so sad that many are waiting for some sort of sensory experience or some type of "force" to make them speak, because they may never receive.

Just because some have the Holy Spirit fall on them and they start speaking in tongues without having to use their faith (and this is wonderful and shows the grace of God to them), it doesn't mean that everyone has to have it that way.

I would use the words of Jesus -

Blessed are they who have the Holy Spirit fall on them and the gift of tongues flows right out of them from the beginning, and have a wonderful experience of love, joy, and peace to go along with it. But more blessed are they who have to depend on God's Word alone and receive when they step out in faith, trying to speak without any sensory experiences at all, expecting the Holy Spirit to honour their faith.

I believe that those who base their faith in God's Word rather than a sensory experience tend to be more stable and long-lasting in the things of the Spirit. Those who depend on feelings will lose their faith when the feelings disappear.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Every believer has already prayed in tongues. Anyone who has been born again and uttered a sigh, a groan, or a joyous laugh has spoken in tongues to the Father. You do it all the time. You just have not realized what you were doing when you did it.

When I pray in an unknown tongue, MY spirit prays (is bearing fruit), my mind is not bearing the fruit.

We all just need to learn how to do it "On purpose with purpose."

It is not I that is praying, it is Christ praying in me.

It's not what Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 14. God does not contradict Himself. He does not teach that we speak in tongues to God with an articulate language that God understands, and then says it just groaning. Also, the three examples in Acts says that when the Holy Spirit fell on the believers they spoke out in tongues. Again, God does not contradict Himself.

Upvote 0