• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Would it be right to go to Big Rivers Water park?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Jamie Chen, May 22, 2020 at 6:34 PM.

1. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    This weekend Big Rivers Water park is going to reopen despite not receiving the green light to reopen from the Governor. All the other area water parks are staying closed since the green light hasn't been given yet.
    My older sister got tickets and plans on going she was cool enough to even get tickets for my family. My daughter really wants to go and in all honesty so do I. My husband reminded me of Romans 13:1 however. Would it be considered not submitting to authority if we went? Yes, they are opening in defiance of the governor's executive order, but would I be in breech of Romans 13:1 if I went? I would like to believe that I am not in beach after all the order is not directed at us it is directed at the park. They are the ones who are deciding to open and we are holding legally purchased tickets. I really really really want to go but I don't want to do wrong. Would it be OK to enjoy the day?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. WrappedUpinHisLove3

WrappedUpinHisLove3 Active Member

+187
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    have you prayed about it?

3. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+996
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    LOL, you should totally go!

My serious response is that you seem to be swayed by your sister a lot. Is she following the Lord? Does she live her life in a righteous way? Do you think you should follow her example and show that to your child?

4. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Unfortunately no she is largely secular. I am currently living in her house and working for her. She and I just recently reconciled and I am starting to remember how great it is to have an older sister. Today she just told me she had tickets to the only area water park that "had the balls to open for memorial day weekend". She told me that she and her girlfriend are going and that if I wanted she got 3 additional tickets for my husband, daughter and myself. I haven't been to a water park in almost 10 years and my daughter never has. Water parks were always out of our budget. My sister said she got 3 extra tickets and if we don't want to go this weekend she is taking 3 other people. I personally think it is fine to go but my husband thinks it isn't. He thinks that by going it will be rewarding a business that is thumbing is nose to the government and that punishes businesses which are actively choosing to stay on the right side of the law. He says this but I think really he is afraid of the social pressure of the covid shamers and virtue signalers.
    I am hearing both yes and no. Alot of signs point to yes though. My sister even took my daughter and I to get new bikinis at the Academy today.

5. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+996
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    Is your husband Godly? Is he a good example to your child? Which one would be better for you to listen to?

6. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    He is Godly and a great guy. But he did go with my sister a couple weeks earlier when she was doing a vehicular trespass on the beach. This feels a lot like he is just trying to pay me back for getting onto him about going along with my sister with our daughter in tow when she ripped down the barriers blocking beach access. Also, it's not like we are breaking any rules we have tickets after all.

7. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,909
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    Is this something you'll regret later? If so, don't do it.

8. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+728
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Well, the man is the head of the household. That should make your decision easy.

9. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Should this be something we should regret later? The park is going to be open so it's not like we are sneaking in. They are the ones violating the government's executive order not us. So would going put me in breach of Romans 13:1? I would say that at face value it doesn't since nothing I am doing is against authority. My husband says that this could encourage other people to go against authority since the owners of the other water parks would see that there are so many people who approve of this water park's flouting the law they may be tempted to do it too since there is a tangible benefit to it. I don't see how that should be our problem.

10. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I don't completely agree because the submission is to be to one another.

11. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+728
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
  12. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 8:11 PM
  13. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+7,098
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    2,000 guests allowed in the waterpark & you'll willing to expose your child?

not worth risking my child

14. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Children are not as susceptible as adults and no one under the roof we live is a at risk demographic. Swine flu was much more contagious and killed more people but the country was not shut down for that.

15. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+7,098
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 10:39 PM
  16. HatedByAll

HatedByAll Changed by the Grace of God

+123
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    There are two laws to consider. The governor's order and the state and federal constitution. His order must comply with the two constitutions. The fact is we can't shut down businesses forever, there is a point where life must go on. The real question is, when do we reach the point where we have to accept the risks and get on with life. I can't answer that for everyone but is sure is not 2023 or 2024. . .

17. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    There is a good chance covid will be beaten in 2021 simply because it isn't an election year

18. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,845
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    How do the lockdown orders in Texas and any other states you will be traveling through forbid you from going?

When you get back, will you all self-isolate for two weeks before anyone sees your parents? After all, you don't know whose germs you will be picking up there.

Finally, let's say that in the middle of your day there, the cops come and shut the park down. What's your plan for the day if that happens?

19. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    They don't. The prohibition is on the park from opening not from people attending. That is WI I believe it should be OK and not a breech of Romans 13:1 at least on our part. (Perhaps it is on the part off the water park).
    We are 100% not breaking the law as written. I am just still not completely sure if this is or isn't encouraging some one else from breaking the law and if this would be considered right by Christ or not. I think it should be OK my husband had his doubts.
    We haven't seen them in over a month and probably wouldn't for another. After all I was working at a grocery store until last week so I have been receiving this level of not higher of exposure for a while now. This is why we moved out of their house. Also, we are probably not moving back in with my parents. My sister had offered to let us stay permanently and she is now employing me as her assistant. Room and board is part of the deal. Also, the water park is local to us so there is no additional requirement to self isolate.
    I suppose we just pile back into Balarion the Black Dread and leave without a fuss. I think 2 weeks ago an adult entertainment venue attempted to open in Houston, the cops and fire marshals showed up, closed them down and all the patrons were sent home. I believe the owner of the club filed am injunction and the court ruled in their favor.

20. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,845
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    What I am not understanding is how you would be giving and receiving less exposure to the virus at a water park as opposed to working at a grocery store.